Login

russian armor

Raketens are too good

PAGES (10)down
26 Feb 2020, 00:44 AM

I dont like to bother people repeating things but.

Can raketen projectile become a ballistic one? I mean it draws a parabola. This way it will be almost impossible for it to hit the ground and we can discuss a proper balance about it.
26 Feb 2020, 03:35 AM

There was no reason to dick with it the way they did other than removing it's moving cloak,

Samething with Fallschrimjagers. All they needed was a price reduction but for some reason someone got the bright idea to add all these unnecessary changes that broke the unit.
26 Feb 2020, 07:18 AM

literally the cheesiest unit in the game right now

that said i always build a pair when playing okw and find it quite fun

i think it could be kept the way it is but with massive tech cost increases to OKW so that OKW t4 becomes more "optional" and lack of standard medium tanks - sort of like PE in coh1
26 Feb 2020, 08:24 AM

I dont like to bother people repeating things but.

Can raketen projectile become a ballistic one? I mean it draws a parabola. This way it will be almost impossible for it to hit the ground and we can discuss a proper balance about it.

Actually it is "ballistic". Relic has messed up and has direct fire weapon listed as "ballistic", indirect fire weapons are listed as "small or big explosive".

If one changes the weapon to "explosive" it will probably behave like the old Piat and it will not use accuracy or be able to score collision hits. I am not sure if one can change the trajectory and have the weapon fire upwards.
9 Mar 2020, 07:00 AM

this shit is so abusive its hilarious at this point
9 Mar 2020, 07:04 AM

Yes rak is so frustrating! Please either remove its camo or retreat ability. Change that to a 5 man upgrade
9 Mar 2020, 11:57 AM

Everyone remembers being killed by a cloaked Raketen but nobody remembers that it gives zero cover bonuses to the crew.

I can only imagine the reactions back when a vet V Rak cloaked and snuck up on an Allied med and then 2-shot it.
12 Mar 2020, 03:14 AM

Everyone remembers being killed by a cloaked Raketen but nobody remembers that it gives zero cover bonuses to the crew.

I can only imagine the reactions back when a vet V Rak cloaked and snuck up on an Allied med and then 2-shot it.

Cover doesn't matter when you can't even see it to shoot at it in the first place.
12 Mar 2020, 07:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Basically, the raketen deserves a RoF nerf to be similar to the pak. Don't get technical with me about reload time and aim time bullshit. Just make the time it takes to fire a fucking shot the same as a pak. So the powerlevel of the rak is roughly the same. 10 less pen, 5 less range, no gun shield, but 5 man crew, retreat, and camo and the price is cheaper make it roughly the same powerlevel as the other at guns.
12 Mar 2020, 08:14 AM

Basically, the raketen deserves a RoF nerf to be similar to the pak. Don't get technical with me about reload time and aim time bullshit. Just make the time it takes to fire a fucking shot the same as a pak. So the powerlevel of the rak is roughly the same. 10 less pen, 5 less range, no gun shield, but 5 man crew, retreat, and camo and the price is cheaper make it roughly the same powerlevel as the other at guns.

Are you living in fantasy world?

Raketenwerfer already has a slower reload than the Pak40. Plus the Raketenwerfer has longer fire aim time. So yeah, you are making shit up. I don't want to be offensive but why would you write such non-sense when you don't even know the stats and are just too lazy to look them up?

12 Mar 2020, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2020, 03:14 AMCODGUY

Cover doesn't matter when you can't even see it to shoot at it in the first place.

Range 50 or 55>Sight radius 35. I can achieve literally the same effect with a Hold Fire and wait until the target is basically waist deep in death.

12 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

10 less pen, 5 less range, no gun shield, but 5 man crew, retreat, and camo and the price is cheaper make it roughly the same powerlevel as the other at guns.

Raketens are too good.

So are they OP or not?
12 Mar 2020, 14:50 PM

rakten are only good when you failed to support your armor ...they die like fly by every medium or small arms or indirect fire...it it so much easier to kill a rakten crew than a zis crew.
12 Mar 2020, 15:08 PM

Raketenwerfer already has a slower reload than the Pak40. Plus the Raketenwerfer has longer fire aim time. So yeah, you are making shit up. I don't want to be offensive but why would you write such non-sense when you don't even know the stats and are just too lazy to look them up?

First day on these forums?
12 Mar 2020, 15:27 PM

rakten are only good when you failed to support your armor ...they die like fly by every medium or small arms or indirect fire...it it so much easier to kill a rakten crew than a zis crew.

Its also so much easier to kill PaK, 57mm and 6 pounder then it is to kill rak.

Any particular reason you are making comparison to a faction trait exception then a baseline for weapon team crew sizes?
12 Mar 2020, 16:44 PM

Permanently Banned

And like I said, none of those stats matter. Can u read? I said "don't get technical with me." The only stat that matters is TIME TO KILL. Put any stock allied medium in the range of a pak and a raketen. I dare you to tell me that the pak will kill the tank faster than the rak.
12 Mar 2020, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
It's beyond me how people think it's okay for an at gun that penetrations mediums every shot to have the almost the same insane RoF as another at gun that bounces up to half its shots against enemy mediums and now has only 5 less range and a whole lot of more survivability.
12 Mar 2020, 17:02 PM

It's beyond me how people think it's okay for an at gun that penetrations mediums every shot to have the almost the same insane RoF as another at gun that bounces up to half its shots against enemy mediums and now has only 5 less range and a whole lot of more survivability.

Are you stupid? Everyone told you the Pak40 has higher penetration. How the hell does the raketen penetrate mediums more often?
12 Mar 2020, 17:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Rak's poor survivability is a MYTH. The only way to kill a rak crew is to 1) Get 2 HE Sherman shots to land directly on the crew. (I have yet to see a HE sherman one shot the 5 man crew yet which was a common occurance when they were 4 man crews) 2) MAYBE a very lucky one shot from a persh or IS2. 3) Not one, but SEVERAL arty pieces focus firing

Rak is the only at gun crew where small arms basically has no hope of killing due to the retreat button. The only way small arms clears it is that your using commandos, partisans to cloak up to the rak crew and burst them down point blank, or OKW is an idiot and placed his rak beside a blind corner so that any infantry squad can surprise it.

And using units like Shermans and T34s to kill rak crews is highly dangerous since raks were designed to counter them and OKW players always get a pair. If the tank successfully finds the right flanking angle of approach, the OKW player most of the time is able to recrew his rak, and if the tank fails, the allied player most likely loses his tank. High risk, low reward.

Hence, THE RAK HANDS DOWN HAS THE BEST SURVIVABILITY and can be even argued to have at least equal or better survivability to the zis.
12 Mar 2020, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Are you stupid? Everyone told you the Pak40 has higher penetration. How the hell does the raketen penetrate mediums more often?

I said a few posts earlier the rak has 10 LESS penetration than the pak. JESUS, can people READ????

And to respond to your earlier comment, yes rak is OP. If would be fine if its RoF (time-to-kill) was the same as the pak.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS