Login

russian armor

Regarding 1.2 and KT/IS2

24 Feb 2020, 16:45 PM

''

Lemme get this straight. First there's a buff to heavy tank peformance, that basically nobody really asked for(as usual). This rolled out alongside other, rather extreme changes (to timing and tech conditions). All in all that made heavies too dominant.

(First off from testing it in this patch version it's still fine propably, but the direction is just strange.)

Now after readjusting timings, we adjust them further by making their aoe worse across the board? It's one thing to want more consistency and less one-shot wipes (same as it used to be with mortars), but these kind of changes also slowly errode the anti-blob capabilities of aoe damage as a whole. There is not just the situation where these shots land dead center on top of an entire squad, but also the ones where it lands in between multiple squads or only at the edge of a formation. Area damage should at least spread out more evenly to compensate for a reduction in lethality.

''

this quote from the steam forums couldn't describe it(patch 1.2) better. What is exactly the thought process behind this?
24 Feb 2020, 16:46 PM
24 Feb 2020, 17:47 PM

The thought process is: heavy tanks are OP as fuck because they constantly kill 2-3 models per shot while also having very good AT capabilities. That's why they need to be nerfed.

Only thing that is strange is that Mr. Pershing does not get touched by the recent nerfs despite having the best AOE profile out of all heavy tanks. I tested the new Tiger in cheat mod today and it does like half the damage the Pershing does. So yeah, I don't know about that.
MMX
24 Feb 2020, 17:53 PM

i think people overestimate the magnitude these AOE adjustments will have on the lethality of both the IS2 and Tiger. what's being reduced is the OHK capability (quite drastically, indeed, meaning the OHK radius and area will go down by 50% an 75%, respectively), and that's what people asked for specifically and with good reason. the ability to deal consistent damage however remains largely unaffected (about 10% less damage) and i'm pretty sure most people wouldn't even notice the difference ingame if they didn't know about the AOE nerfs. the real nerfs for the Tiger are rather the loss of the vet 2 scatter bonus, which will be noticable for sure, as well as excluding the tank commander upgrade. especially the last one is IMHO uncalled for, but more testing will certainly show if that holds true. in the end, that's what these patch iterations are for - test, observe, analyze, adjust...
24 Feb 2020, 18:07 PM

Believe it or not heavy tanks punish individual squads more than blobs since they have massive AOE and very little scatter allowing them to chase infantry squads down and wipe them. Agree with blackdream that its odd the Pershing is receiving absolutely nothing in 1.2 considering its probably the strongest anti-infantry tank in the entire game, plus vet and Combined Arms can make it even more devastating.
24 Feb 2020, 18:13 PM

The Pershing should absolutely be nerfed in its AoE, followed by the Crocodile, AVRE and ISU152.
24 Feb 2020, 18:21 PM

The Pershing should absolutely be nerfed in its AoE, followed by the Crocodile, AVRE and ISU152.

Do I smell sarcasm? Kappa
24 Feb 2020, 19:31 PM

The thought process is: heavy tanks are OP as fuck because they constantly kill 2-3 models per shot while also having very good AT capabilities. That's why they need to be nerfed.

I don't exactly see how that is a major issue, considering that heavies come so late and are effectively countered by cheaper, dedicated TD's.

Are Heavy Tanks really that powerfull in 1v1?

24 Feb 2020, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2020, 19:31 PMA table

I don't exactly see how that is a major issue, considering that heavies come so late and are effectively countered by cheaper, dedicated TD's.

Are Heavy Tanks really that powerfull in 1v1?

Yes they are super powerful in 1v1 and 2v2 simply because of how easy it is to use them effectively. It's much much harder to use multiple medium tanks + support units and keep them alive than using a single heavy tank + support units.
24 Feb 2020, 19:49 PM

Only thing that is strange is that Mr. Pershing does not get touched by the recent nerfs despite having the best AOE profile out of all heavy tanks. I tested the new Tiger in cheat mod today and it does like half the damage the Pershing does. So yeah, I don't know about that.

I would still take a Tiger over a Pershing anyday because Tiger armor can actually bounce shots. It's the reason why Pershing is dogshit in teamgames nowadays. Majority of anti tank weapons penetrate the pershing extremely reliably so now you just end up repairing that thing with shitty rear echelons for way too long. And yes Pershing anti inf is better now as tradeoff, but Im sure in your tests you also noticed that the Tiger anti inf performance is still very good, it just seems no longer broken af.
24 Feb 2020, 19:54 PM

What can do a tiger nowaday? one shot a 90% full life shock troop squad.

24 Feb 2020, 20:11 PM

I would still take a Tiger over a Pershing anyday because Tiger armor can actually bounce shots.

Pershing has almost the same armour as Tiger (270) and only 80 HP less. At the same time Pershing doesn't face 60 range high penetration TDs. For the same reason, IS2 is much more durable than KT because even though they have the same armour they face very different units.
24 Feb 2020, 20:12 PM

IS2 is much more durable than KT because even though they have the same armour they face very different units.

Its armor is getting nerfed though?
24 Feb 2020, 20:13 PM

Its armor is getting nerfed though?

What's more durable, 375 armour vs 60 range 300+ penetration TD? Or 375 armour vs 220-240 50 range TD?

Yes it does get nerfed but I am talking about the live game and why Pershing's armour is only on paper worse than the Tiger.
24 Feb 2020, 20:19 PM

I just explained why. Can you read?

What's more durable, 375 armour vs 60 range 300+ penetration TD? Or 375 armour vs 220-240 50 range TD?

When did health stop existing? KT has more health

I am full agreement on Pershing. I honestly wish it wasnt in the game
24 Feb 2020, 20:29 PM

Pershing should have it's AI capabilities looked at as well, but ultimately tuning down heavies is a welcome change imo as they're not particularly fun to play with or against imo.
24 Feb 2020, 21:09 PM

Pershing should have it's AI capabilities looked at as well, but ultimately tuning down heavies is a welcome change imo as they're not particularly fun to play with or against imo.

Pershing is supposed to be best AI tank out of all generalist heavies.
24 Feb 2020, 21:18 PM

Tiger and IS2 I though is little over nerf in 1.2
24 Feb 2020, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2020, 21:09 PMKatitof

Pershing is supposed to be best AI tank out of all generalist heavies.

No shit, but the Pershing already has the best AI, while the AI of the other heavies is getting toned down. All generalist heavies are overperforming in the current version.
24 Feb 2020, 22:18 PM

No shit, but the Pershing already has the best AI, while the AI of the other heavies is getting toned down. All generalist heavies are overperforming in the current version.

Apparently, not all, if not all got nerfs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★