Login

russian armor

5 men for OST

11 Feb 2020, 14:06 PM

LMG Grens are great. You just need to play with combine arms. The only problem is that ostheer sometimes relys to much in sniper usage.
As a top20 player i find you need a bit more micro as ostheer but you can also counter much better allies with ost than okw. Especially in mid, late game
11 Feb 2020, 18:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have to imagine that anyone that wants 5 man squads doesn't actually like playing Ostheer. Maybe play one of the other 4 factions with 5 man squads instead.
11 Feb 2020, 19:22 PM

Pick German infantry doctrine....?
11 Feb 2020, 20:54 PM

These so called "Ostheer players" that want 60 range StuG's, light tanks and stock 5 men Grens bring pain to my heart, go play another freaking faction please. :luvArmy:

Why not address true issues like the timing of the Stug E and Puma. :foreveralone:
11 Feb 2020, 21:03 PM

The only way I could see 5 man being balanced at all is if it was tied to BP3 or Tier 4 and it would have to be the exact same as the upgrade in German Infantry. Then you would have to replace the Gren upgrade with something in that commander, maybe a 3rd G43 but then increase the muni cost to 60 or so. I feel like the problem with Ostheer is they just don't have a way to stop the bleed from the stronger light vehicles. Grens aren't great but the faction has other problems that are hurting them more.
12 Feb 2020, 06:54 AM

5-men upgrade or LMG42
Never booth.
13 Feb 2020, 10:54 AM

Calm down I just asked why he can't have 5 men. I love OST all the other factions suck me.
13 Feb 2020, 15:27 PM

You forget that ost is designed to suck

not faction problem

L2p issue
13 Feb 2020, 15:31 PM

These so called "Ostheer players" that want 60 range StuG's, light tanks and stock 5 men Grens bring pain to my heart, go play another freaking faction please. :luvArmy:

Why not address true issues like the timing of the Stug E and Puma. :foreveralone:

They just want to see "my favorite toy" always win from everything

13 Feb 2020, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 15:27 PMblancat

not faction problem

L2p issue

But OST is designed to suck m8.
13 Feb 2020, 16:25 PM

And this is productive because: .........
13 Feb 2020, 17:02 PM

only in your think
13 Feb 2020, 17:39 PM

where does all this ost suck mentality come from? 1vs1 perspektive they can be very aggressive with assgrens and have the fastest light vehicles + a very strong mg42. Sure grens are only 4 men, but hey you want mg42 and 5 men grens? Time to give T0 50 cal to USA then :D.

Later in the game you can either go for 222 pak combo to scare of any light, or build the best mine in the game.. Or you can rush a strong medium faster than nearly any other faction (exept brits but they suck XD), soviet basically needs T70 to stay competitive when your grens get g43 or lmg. Opponent went for schocks? np go 222 or FHT opponent went for 4 cons into maxim? why not skip t2 and go for pgs instead? you have plenty of options as ost.

and of course in the lategame you can go for tiger and use your frag bombss as the best anti inf offmap in the game.

so really i dont know where all the hate for ost comes from, its one of the best rewarding and balanced factions in the game. Becouse with ost i actually feel like i have options and can adapt to the opponent, therefore i feel like i outsmarted the opponent more than with allies.

I feel like all this threads are created by players which expect grens to hold on their own, or keep on loosing mg42 or pak40
13 Feb 2020, 17:40 PM

Biggest issue for Ostheer infantry play is HMG-42. It should perhaps have a teardown/setup buff in its veterancy or something to support the Grenadier squads better.
13 Feb 2020, 17:56 PM

where does all this ost suck mentality come from? 1vs1 perspektive they can be very aggressive with assgrens and have the fastest light vehicles + a very strong mg42. Sure grens are only 4 men, but hey you want mg42 and 5 men grens? Time to give T0 50 cal to USA then :D.

Later in the game you can either go for 222 pak combo to scare of any light, or build the best mine in the game.. Or you can rush a strong medium faster than nearly any other faction (exept brits but they suck XD), soviet basically needs T70 to stay competitive when your grens get g43 or lmg. Opponent went for schocks? np go 222 or FHT opponent went for 4 cons into maxim? why not skip t2 and go for pgs instead? you have plenty of options as ost.

and of course in the lategame you can go for tiger and use your frag bombss as the best anti inf offmap in the game.

so really i dont know where all the hate for ost comes from, its one of the best rewarding and balanced factions in the game. Becouse with ost i actually feel like i have options and can adapt to the opponent, therefore i feel like i outsmarted the opponent more than with allies.

I feel like all this threads are created by players which expect grens to hold on their own, or keep on loosing mg42 or pak40

https://www.coh2.org/news/102660/world-championship-match-stats so beautiful in 1vs1 that in tournaments it has a win rate of 33% and in tournaments little choice is made.
13 Feb 2020, 18:35 PM

Becouse all the pro players picked okw, becouse it is the stronger faction in 1vs1. If a player picked Ostheer this means that he was a worse player in the first place. This barely has anything to do with balance but with what faction can perform at its peak in tournaments.

By that logic Okw heal tech is severly underpowered becouse of how dominant mech is.

Just becouse lets say T70 are outperforming Ostheer in the hands of pro players, this doesnt mean that OH as a whole is bad, only that certain units might be overperforming against it, but again at tournament peak meta play.

Its basically saying just becouse the one peak meta wasnt shining on ostheer, my whole faction sucks

By that mentalitly 99% of the commanders suck and are severly underpowered.

Give ostheer its old puma mobile def back and it will get played a lot more wth higher winrates in 1vs1 tournaments.

Will it make the game more fun and balanced though? I guess not

14 Feb 2020, 03:39 AM

And this is productive because: .........

Ost is designed to suck .... Lead(bullets and shit).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★