Login

russian armor

5 men for OST

9 Feb 2020, 13:52 PM

They have mediocre main line by design and exceptional support weapons to compensate...

That was the original design, currently the gap in support weapons has closed especially for USF.
9 Feb 2020, 14:20 PM

Please tell me where you get your Chinese products from because I want some of them.

Jokes aside. Yes there obviously are balancing issues. But no, OST is not always coming short as you make it out to be.
They have mediocre main line by design and exceptional support weapons to compensate. Their T2 is situational but cost effective if microed well. T3 has a mix of the best units in the game for their price.

If you want strong main line then play a faction that is designed around it. You also don't buy a compact car and wonder why it does not function well for offroad driving - because it was never meant to be that way.

Chinese products come from Wuhan.

Apart from the jokes, I'm not a very good player I rarely blame a faction for my defeat. But in the 1vs1 OST tournament he had a group rape.
And I'm sorry to see OST treated like a slut.
9 Feb 2020, 14:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 14:20 PMSunTzu

Chinese products come from Wuhan.

Apart from the jokes, I'm not a very good player I rarely blame a faction for my defeat. But in the 1vs1 OST tournament he had a group rape.
And I'm sorry to see OST treated like a slut.

Which tournament are you talking about? I think I must have missed it.
I agree that the game needs some tweaks to make OST relatively stronger in some aspects. But all in all the faction is decently strong (only my opinion though) and playable.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 13:52 PMVipper

That was the original design, currently the gap in support weapons has closed especially for USF.

That is true, but USF usually only get one of their support weapons. This is often not an issue since you get the MG which in my eyes is a design/balance issue related to the Jackson as well (you don't need the ATG for late game AT unlike any other faction; but this would lead too far now off topic so I won't elaborate). But apart from that the MG42 is still on top of the food chain when it comes to area and blob control, which is the intended role.

PaK40 is also currently the best AT gun regarding it's AT duty in the game with both best AT performance and AT ability. The 57mm does not come close vs everything above LVs.
9 Feb 2020, 15:20 PM

That is true,...

Glad to see that we agree.
9 Feb 2020, 15:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 15:20 PMVipper

Glad to see that we agree.

If you pick USF yes. The 50 cal is a good MG. Higher damage and more agile, but the arc is not as good. That's a trade off. But with slight rebalances I think USF could see less 50 cal play.

If we compare to the Vickers though, I'd say there is still a decent advantage for MG42 although it does less damage. And the Maxim is still far away from any of the other MGs in the game.
9 Feb 2020, 16:23 PM

Can’t wait to see SunTzu’s amazing playercard.
9 Feb 2020, 16:23 PM

If you pick USF yes. The 50 cal is a good MG. Higher damage and more agile, but the arc is not as good. That's a trade off. But with slight rebalances I think USF could see less 50 cal play.

If we compare to the Vickers though, I'd say there is still a decent advantage for MG42 although it does less damage. And the Maxim is still far away from any of the other MGs in the game.

My only point was that OStheer used to have superior support weapons. The gap has closed allot.
9 Feb 2020, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 16:23 PMVipper

My only point was that OStheer used to have superior support weapons. The gap has closed allot.

They also used to have the best tanks which isn't the case anymore either.
9 Feb 2020, 16:51 PM

They also used to have the best tanks which isn't the case anymore either.

You wanted better early game?
You got better early game.
It would be delusional to expect to keep strongest late game.
9 Feb 2020, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2020, 13:10 PMSunTzu
Why can't OST have 5 men like all decent factions?
Why can't he have a light tank?
Why must OST be the idiot and bully faction?

Why can't the Rifleman of the USF have an AT grenade after opening T1 or T2?
Why does AT grenade not have the same range as faust
Why do Rifleman get a bonus to the target size of only 2 vets?
Why Rifleman do not have grenades by default
Why Rifleman can’t buy a bar by default, after opening the headquarters of T1 or T2.
Why do you buy reinforcement not 25, like the folk, but 28? Or at least 27? One Rifleman model is much worse than one grenadier model, but both cost 28. But the grenadiers can throw grenades after t1, buy lmg (building bunkers and a first-aid kit is not an advantage at all for justice)
9 Feb 2020, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 17:31 PMRiley

Why can't the Rifleman of the USF have an AT grenade after opening T1 or T2?
Why does AT grenade not have the same range as faust
Why Rifleman do not have grenades by default
Why Rifleman can’t buy a bar by default, after opening the headquarters of T1 or T2.
Why do you buy reinforcement not 25, like the folk, but 28? Or at least 27? One Rifleman model is much worse than one grenadier model, but both cost 28. But the grenadiers can throw grenades after t1, buy lmg (building bunkers and a first-aid kit is not an advantage at all for justice)

USF is op
9 Feb 2020, 18:35 PM

I'm just gonna put a quote i read several years ago on the steam forums. I find it very appropiate for the question: ''does gren need 5 men?''

''the main reason people bitch about Wehrmacht infantry performance so much is that mid range is not their domain with the very exception of G43 grens. If you aren't any good at setting things up to account for that, you will fight at a disadvantage. That they are individually great tools at their respective perfect range though is rarely considered... better get 5 men mid-range grens to compensate...''
10 Feb 2020, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 17:31 PMRiley

All other mainlines gets reduced target size in one vet(well cons get in 2 vets too but they have 1.087 TS so the first one makes em normal). Your complaining why rifle vet is better?????

Rifles: -15% and -23% (-34.55%)
Grens: None
Sections: -22%
Cons: -8% and -29.3% (-35%)
10 Feb 2020, 13:22 PM

Give OST already a unique faction bonus which gives advantages... (and no: 4model squads and the OST tech system isn't an advantage)
10 Feb 2020, 13:32 PM

Give OST already a unique faction bonus which gives advantages... (and no: 4model squads and the OST tech system isn't an advantage)

OK!

10 Feb 2020, 13:37 PM

Every factions have advantage and disadvantage

if u want 5 man squad and light tank, then dont play ost
11 Feb 2020, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 13:37 PMblancat
Every factions have advantage and disadvantage

if u want 5 man squad and light tank, then dont play ost

i dont talk about advantage and disadvantage. I talk about unique faction bonus.
Like you know:

- 5 vet lvl
- decrewable tanks
- free map place able tech structures
- 6 model squads
- emplacements
-

etc etc
11 Feb 2020, 11:01 AM

i dont talk about advantage and disadvantage. I talk about unique faction bonus.
Like you know:

- 5 vet lvl
- decrewable tanks
- free map place able tech structures
- 6 model squads
- emplacements
-

etc etc

-OKW got forking tech(unless game is very long, you're missing out of some tech units), lacks snipers, has moderate team weapons.
-USF has no early game flexibility.
-Ost also has couple of 6 man squads
-ost has bunkers allowing you to create forward healing and/or reinforcement base at will at cheap cost
-etc

Lack of massive gaps in stock equipment or not being forced to choose X or Y set of units due to forking tech and ability to answer and get counter to literally any unit before opponent builds it is there since forever, but you're going to ignore it.

Its easy to not see unique traits of your faction, if you FUCKING IGNORE THEM ALL WHOLE TIME.
11 Feb 2020, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 11:01 AMKatitof

-OKW got forking tech(unless game is very long, you're missing out of some tech units), lacks snipers, has moderate team weapons.
-USF has no early game flexibility.
-Ost also has couple of 6 man squads
-ost has bunkers allowing you to create forward healing and/or reinforcement base at will at cheap cost
-etc

Lack of massive gaps in stock equipment or not being forced to choose X or Y set of units due to forking tech and ability to answer and get counter to literally any unit before opponent builds it is there since forever, but you're going to ignore it.

Its easy to not see unique traits of your faction, if you FUCKING IGNORE THEM ALL WHOLE TIME.

you dont even understand thing, when you get example which could understand 7 old kids.

i talk about Unique. Do you understand this?

- bunkers arent a unique since okw can build them too. show me the vet5 ranks on other factions..or decrewable tanks.
- snipers can be build by UKF and Sov too...no unique

all u talk is bs and has nothing to do with an unique faction bonus. and no..4models squads arent a "bonus"

can you please understand what UNIQUE means?

11 Feb 2020, 11:11 AM

you dont even understand thing, when you get example which could understand 7 old kids.

i talk about Unique. Do you understand this?

- bunkers arent a unique since okw can build them too. show me the vet5 ranks on other factions..or decrewable tanks.

Can OKW make reinforcement bunkers?
Healing bunkers?

- snipers can be build by UKF and Sov too...no unique

Soviets can't have ATG and sniper at the same time.
UKF got a whole plethora of different early game problems that ost doesn't.

all u talk is bs and has nothing to do with an unique faction bonus. and no..4models squads arent a "bonus"

T4 is your fucking unique faction bonus as it offers multiple premium vehicles, but you're too thick-skulled to comprehend that.

Early game reinfocement/scouting/healing transport is most fucking unique early game unit, you're still going to ignore that.

Ost has infantry that's better and faster when near vehicles at vet1, that's pretty fucking unique.

can you please understand what UNIQUE means?

Can you stop ignoring what's unique, just because it doesn't fit your expectations?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★