Login

russian armor

What do you expect for the next patch?

23 Jan 2020, 11:54 AM

What would you like me to do with the next patch? What changes would you like to see?
23 Jan 2020, 12:00 PM

Are you talking about the next balance patch? If so:

- nerf for all heavy tanks except KT and Croc/AVRE

- nerf for Scott, Pak Howitzer, Jackson

- nerf for SVT Cons

- nerf for 7 man Conscripts

- change the design of the OKW IR HT

- change of cool down on Sexton and Priest (it's too long now considering their price)

23 Jan 2020, 12:01 PM

I hope they finally fix the B4’s target size bug.

I also want:
1) Cromwell buff/redesign and a light vehicle added to Platoon CP
2) Ostheer Pioneer single panzershrek upgrade package
3) Jackson armour nerf
4) Sturmtiger buff
5) 7man cons slight nerf
6) Changes to Ostheer T4 and its units

There’s also a pet peeve of mine where I want the heavy fortifications ability on the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine replaced with 0CP 5-man Luft Pioneers with 5 kar98s that have great repair speed and can build heavy fortifications and sandbags.
23 Jan 2020, 12:26 PM

rip usf
you forgot to mention ambulance nerf
23 Jan 2020, 12:52 PM

Ostheer T4 buffs or the faction is dead after the inevitable heavy tank nerfs. Ostheer is on life support in the lategame as it is and this life support is the Tiger. Kind of a shame for the supposed lategame faction to not be able to compete lategame.
23 Jan 2020, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2020, 12:52 PMButcher
Ostheer T4 buffs or the faction is dead after the inevitable heavy tank nerfs. Ostheer is on life support in the lategame as it is and this life support is the Tiger. Kind of a shame for the supposed lategame faction to not be able to compete lategame.

Ele+Brummbär+Panzerwerfer+Spotting Scopes would like to have a word with you. And the no late-game thing has more to do with the power level of Jackson, Scott, Rifle blobs on the USF side and the overall power level of Soviet late game than with Ostheer late game being bad. Try playing OKW without Tiger against a meta Soviet doctrine that includes IS2/ISU. It's next to impossible as well if the Soviet player is good enough to not get outplayed constantly. On equal skill levels the Soviet player has a big advantage and all the tournaments haven shown that time and time again. If the Axis (including OKW) player doesn't have a substantial lead he usually loses to 375 armour IS2 + SU85+ Shocks/IL2 loiter (depending on doctrine) + T70 recon+ Katy combo and now 7 Man/SVT Conscripts are another big issue because they are just WAY better than Grens and Volks.
23 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM

I hope they finally fix the B4’s target size bug.
There’s also a pet peeve of mine where I want the heavy fortifications ability on the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine replaced with 0CP 5-man Luft Pioneers with 5 kar98s that have great repair speed and can build heavy fortifications and sandbags.

Look at you wanting the LGF from coh1.
23 Jan 2020, 14:06 PM

Look at you wanting the LGF from coh1.

FUCK YEAH
23 Jan 2020, 14:10 PM

Mod team should concern to comander balance
A commander without a heavy tank can hardly beat a commander with a heavy tank.

23 Jan 2020, 14:38 PM

Ok, so lets sum it up, ost struggles against heavies, mainly IS-2 and will die when it is nerfed, correct?
23 Jan 2020, 14:47 PM

+1
23 Jan 2020, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2020, 14:38 PMKatitof

Ok, so lets sum it up, ost struggles against heavies, mainly IS-2 and will die when it is nerfed, correct?
Lategame isnt just heavies.

Ost lategame struggles against 60 range tds and against infantry due to shorter field presence of the smaller squads. This has to be compensated by tanks. The T4 roster however is underwhelming even when not fighting heavy tanks. Brumm cant tank shots or fight at sufficient range, Panther does not hit. That leaves you wit t3 aka no compensation for your fragile squads.
23 Jan 2020, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2020, 15:23 PMButcher
Lategame isnt just heavies.

Ost lategame struggles against 60 range tds and against infantry due to shorter field presence of the smaller squads. This has to be compensated by tanks. The T4 roster however is underwhelming even when not fighting heavy tanks. Brumm cant tank shots or fight at sufficient range, Panther does not hit. That leaves you wit t3 aka no compensation for your fragile squads.

True well said
23 Jan 2020, 18:11 PM

- Soviet airborne AT-strafe nerf

- UKF infantry section RA nerf reverted

- USF butterfly bombing run price and cool down increased

- M20 build time nerf partially reverted

- Cromwell MG buff

- Sturmtiger buff
23 Jan 2020, 18:16 PM
24 Jan 2020, 10:46 AM

- nerf for all heavy tanks except KT and Croc/AVRE

- nerf for SVT Cons

- nerf for 7 man Conscripts

- change the design of the OKW IR HT

- change of cool down on Sexton and Priest (it's too long now considering their price)

I don't feel SVT cons deserve a nerf. It's similar to airborne lmgs, they are good and a lot better than other units... But the doctrine lacks a lot in other areas without armor options.

If it had a is2 at the end like grand offensive OK, but it doesn't. Cons could use a change to the arguably better late game 7man upgrade however. The only downside that has compared to svts is timing.
25 Jan 2020, 04:27 AM

- Fallschirmjaeger camo bouns nerf
26 Jan 2020, 18:02 PM

I would like to see a Bren Carrier be buildable from the Glider HQ. Only makes sense, really. It's a glider that is meant to accomodate vehicles and the Commandos need a way to get around defences or have fire support.

1v1 Players might not see the point but 3v3 and 4v4 will. Imagine pushing very far from your base with Chaos all over the battlefield. Your infantry are trying to hold the line against the Wehrmacht but are in desperate need of Fire Support. The Home base is simply too far away to safely get a Bren Carrier where you need it to go without catching stray AT rounds, artillery and roaming vehicles. Solution? Have an HQ Glider build you one instead and bypass the journey there!

It would certainly make up for the loss of a Airlanding Orricer and make the Glider stand out from it's basic counterpart. British Infantry really need those Bren Carriers for effective support. This makes that support more readily available.
26 Jan 2020, 22:02 PM

What I would like to see for a new patch

General:
For the love of god. Please bring this in
https://www.coh2.org/topic/103511/visual-and-ui-fixes-for-winter-patch
https://www.coh2.org/topic/59339/improved-portraits-for-eastern-factions
In general commanders tweaked/reworked

Fixes:
+ Vehicle turrets will not recenter when decrewed/abandoned
+ HMG autoreload when out of combat and make a button for force reload (also clip/magazine weaponry)
+ Put Away Minesweeper ability added to all squads which can upgrade with a minesweeper

Ostheer
+ S-mines are no longer built as a mine field with warning signs and built as one small group
+ Panzerwerfer will now turn to face a target when using its MG
+ Panzerwerfer MG42 damage also increased to match LMG42
+"Field Medical Kit" changed to "Model 24 Grenade". Allows the Grenadier squad to throw a single Model 24 allowing the squad to have some sort of self-defense against units that close in.
+ SdKfz 251 can always lay down Riegelmine

OKW
+ Kübelwagen vet 1 bonus changed to Crew Repair (Detection ability no longer requires vet) and vet 3 bonus changed
+ SdKfz221 buildable and upgradeable to 223 to secure sectors
+ MG34 HMG Team
- Adjusted the MG-34 veterancy to match other units in the OKW's rework of Veterancy 4 and 5.
-Veterancy 4 now provides +6 sight.
-Veterancy 5 grants 'Sustained Fire'. Drastically improves durst length by 50%, burst rate of fire by 25%, and redced reload time by 75%. 15 munitions and 15 second duration.

Soviets
+ Partisan squads can build PMD-6 anti-personnel mines
+ Partisan squads now gain a fifth member at vet 2
+ TM-35 anti-tank mine is now only triggered by vehicles.
+ POMZ Flare Trip Mine can now be constructed normally by Combat Engineers
+ Combat Engineers vet 1 ability changed to faster construction rate
+ T70 nerf so that AOE is less deadly to bunched up squads.
+ M-42 Anti-Tank Gun
Significant improvements through abilities to make it more useable and unique and closer to a Raketenwerfer than the larger anti-tank guns.
-Can retreat.
-Gun health standardized with other basic team weapons.
+ KV-2
Improved the weapon on the KV-2 to make the tank more viable against armour by adding deflection damage. No longer losess sight when in siege mode as it is an unnecessary penalty when the tank loses all movement and gains received accuracy penalties. Reduced the time the KV-2 requires to set-up and redeploy due to its slow nature.
-"Capture Point" replaced with "Tracking".
-Sight penalty removed from siege mode.
-Reload of direct fire from 10-12 seconds to 9.
-Deals 40% deflection damage for both weapons.
-Set-up time from 10 to 8. Pack up from 5 to 4.
-Rear armour from 180 to 120.

Brits
+ Valentine main gun damage increased
Reduced its population and veterancy requirements as this is a support tank with only moderate combat effectiveness which made it difficult to gain veterancy. Damage has been increased to improve combat performance, but its ability to crush has been removed while retaining its fast rotation.
+ Add a projectile to AEC Treadbreaker
+ PIAT Launcher projectile speed and acceleration increased
Valentine Tank
Reduced its population and veterancy requirements as this is a support tank with only moderate combat effectiveness which made it difficult to gain veterancy. Increase Damage to improve combat performance, but its ability to crush been removed while retaining its fast rotation.

US
+ M10 Flanking Speed ability no longer requires vet 2

27 Jan 2020, 04:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2020, 11:54 AMSunTzu
What would you like me to do with the next patch? What changes would you like to see?

Can we improve king tiger speed a little? At the moment it has a hard time chasing a sherman with a damaged engine. The feel of that tank is really boring. For 720 mp 230fuel give me something worth it.

I would like improve speed
Reduce health for balance purpose.

His frontal armor should make most med tank shot bounce to accomodate for his lower health
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 24
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %