Login

russian armor

Is the Brummbar perfectly fine?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
14 Jan 2020, 02:18 AM

Which the last tournament proved wrong as even said skilled players avoided tier 4 like the plague

Well you don't need t4 to call in a tiger (non-ACE variant), just bp3. Probably has something to do with it. Tiger was built more often than all t4 units combined

You're also not gonna build a brumbarr when heavy tanks are dominating the meta. A) Tiger kills infantry more reliably, while also being great against tanks B) brum won't help you fight against an IS2/Pershing

That leaves out the fact that the Brum is probably best against the Brits, who nobody used. I think its strongest against them of the 3 because:
A) they don't have a heavy in the same "class" as the other 4 factions
B) fewer snares than US and Sovs.
C) They are BY FAR the most static of the 3 allied factions
D) the Firefly is the easiest to counter of the 3 allied TDs (D is my personal opinion, so I could be wrong)
14 Jan 2020, 12:56 PM

u forgot that ukf have crit sniper, best at gun stats and piats , if u want even AEC has it has decent pen (like puma)

while yes they do have a more static game play that is only in the early game, late game they have 2 very mobile tanks and generally a more mobile style similar to osther
14 Jan 2020, 13:37 PM

I play team games, but brumbar is non existent here cause of the mass TD spam

word! why get brumbar when you get rocket arty.
Brumbar is sitting ducks against at least 4 60TD aiming at it.

Brumbar is far from potent in team games because of case mate and low range and slow ass.

IF anything, it works best in 1v1 or 2v2 since 1 or 2 60TD gives it more time to escape reposition.
14 Jan 2020, 13:46 PM

That is another problem with current implementation of Super heavies:
A Tiger can do the job of both a Brumbar and Panther adequately.

As long as thing remain like that there will be little reason to invest into T4
14 Jan 2020, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:46 PMVipper
That is another problem with current implementation of Super heavies:
A Tiger can do the job of both a Brumbar and Panther adequately.

As long as thing remain like that there will be little reason to invest into T4

I dont think is problem with super heavies.

It is problem with perf/cost for wehr T4.

Allies still go T4 with their super heavies.

IF anything super heavies is Axis late game band aid, especially for Wehr.
14 Jan 2020, 14:05 PM

u forgot that ukf have crit sniper, best at gun stats and piats , if u want even AEC has it has decent pen (like puma)

Didn't forget anything, I wasn't listing every single source of AT.... You know that the sniper can't engine crit the Brumbarr right? Only light vehicles? Even if it could, conscripts and Riflemen everywhere will still mean more snares

AEC/Puma are great, if you're relying on them to kill Brum/Dozer in team games, then that's not gonna go well for you.

And wrong, they do not have the best AT gun. US M1 is much better, ESPECIALLY against Brum. You can extend the range and have better pen, costs Muni sure but it's by far better than the 6 lber

TDs are the main thing that's going to be fighting it, and SU85 and Jackson are both better than Firefly

while yes they do have a more static game play that is only in the early game, late game they have 2 very mobile tanks and generally a more mobile style similar to osther

Brumbarr doesn't counter tanks... If your brumbarr is soloing a Comet you did something wrong. BTW everyone has mobile tanks... Is the panther slow? Jackson? T34/85 or 76?

And an SU85 kicks it's ass, but is not that mobile. You don't need great mobility to kill a casemate

Brits infantry is static the entire game, which is what the brumbarr is shooting at. No one's saying it dominates them, it's just better against them than USF or Sovs. It's really not that controversial of a statement....
14 Jan 2020, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:51 PMmrgame2

First of all, only 1 allied faction got T4, which is equivalent of ost T3.

Secondly, ost T4 already got discount, you're not getting it at T3 cost.
14 Jan 2020, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 14:09 PMKatitof

First of all, only 1 allied faction got T4, which is equivalent of ost T3.

Secondly, ost T4 already got discount, you're not getting it at T3 cost.

which faction is that?

T4 is T4, no matter what faction.

Wehr reaching T4, ok. But building the structure and building the units. Not ok.
14 Jan 2020, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 14:12 PMmrgame2

which faction is that?

I'll let you take 3 guesses before doing a shocking reveal.
Next part might give you a small hint.

T4 is T4, no matter what faction.

Ok, lets movt T70 to soviet T2, where the lights should be, T34 to soviet T3, where med tanks should be and slap some KV tanks into T4, because they should be there, following your logic that's their rightful place.

Now, that you are done being stupid, kindly go in game and go count tech buildings for each faction, remembering that HQ is T0.
14 Jan 2020, 14:24 PM

snip
I précised by saying STATS at gun that is a fact

the sniper stun the brumbar as it's an assault gun , which is very powerful (was removed in all unit even the pak 40 has a nerfed version of the stun)

piat RE squad are a 5 men 2 piat with snare engineer squad, so on that part we are clear

yes brummabr does not counter tanks but late game u move with ur tanks as they dictate the game late, in late game they are as much mobile as osther , cc at squad (piat re, pgreen) and a moving lmg inf (IS, green), a very mobile tank (blitz p4 , Cromwell) and a mobile main battle tank (panther , comet)

14 Jan 2020, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:51 PMmrgame2

Actually it is:
If you go T4 you can either get a Panther to deal with IS-2/Pershing/Croc or a Brumbar to deal with infatry.

A Tiger can deal S-2/Pershing/Croc and with infatry. So there is little reason to go for the T4 option as long as Tigers (and other super heavies) come with good commander abilities.
14 Jan 2020, 14:31 PM

I précised by saying STATS at gun that is a fact

With AP rounds activated the m1 has better Stats. You're wrong

the sniper stun the brumbar as it's an assault gun , which is very powerful (was removed in all unit even the pak 40 has a nerfed version of the stun)

It's a turret jam, not a stun. The pak40 crit is completely different

piat RE squad are a 5 men 2 piat with snare engineer squad, so on that part we are clear

Jesus Christ yes. All I'm saying is conscripts and Riflemen are going to be more numerous than fucking Royal engineers. Zooks on Riflemen have snare, ptrs penals have snare, guards have snare....

yes brummabr does not counter tanks but late game u move with ur tanks as they dictate the game late, in late game they are as much mobile as osther

Can you please fucking read? I'm comparing them to USF and Sov, they are MUCH more static than USF and Sovs

I am comparing the performance of the 3 allies against the Brum......
14 Jan 2020, 14:43 PM

Which the last tournament proved wrong as even said skilled players avoided tier 4 like the plague

Oh please. The tournament proved absolutely nothing because of its incredibly low sample size. Furthermore it's no secret Ostheer T4 isn't very viable in high level 1v1s, but that also has to do a lot with an awkward transition, research times, high tech costs, and the Panther and Panzerwerfer not being too effective for that type of gamemode too, more so than just the Brummbar's performance.

The Brummbar is a good unit in teamgames, quite excellent in the hands of a good player, because fights are concentrated so its lower mobility and casemate nature aren't as much of an issue. In 1v1s with infantry usually spread out all over the map, a cheaper faster medium that basically does the same job (force off infantry) is obviously preferable. The Brummbar is mostly a breakthrough unit, for which there is hardly any use in high level 1v1s where fights are dynamic and spread out rather than static and concentrated.

Ostheer T4 is in quite a difficult position though. It's meta in (higher level) teamgames and all of its unit are very good in those modes. It's lacking in 1v1 though. But any straight up buffs to T4 itself or T4 units would risk throwing the current teamgames balance (which imo is pretty good, except a few hiccups) off. We are looking at some changes, but they have to be very well thought out.
14 Jan 2020, 15:19 PM

With AP rounds activated the m1 has better Stats. You're wrong

It's a turret jam, not a stun. The pak40 crit is completely different

Jesus Christ yes. All I'm saying is conscripts and Riflemen are going to be more numerous than fucking Royal engineers. Zooks on Riflemen have snare, ptrs penals have snare, guards have snare....

Can you please fucking read? I'm comparing them to USF and Sov, they are MUCH more static than USF and Sovs

I am comparing the performance of the 3 allies against the Brum......
again i said stats , if not i would not have specified if i considered abilities too

again with sniper u are wrong
Name: "Critical Shot"
Duration: None
Cost: 30 Munitions
British sniper will damage the engine of a light vehicle.
British sniper will stun turretless vehicles.
British sniper will turret lock the enemy's vehicle.

14 Jan 2020, 15:46 PM

The Brummbar is a good unit in teamgames, quite excellent in the hands of a good player, because fights are concentrated and its lower mobility and casemate nature aren't much of an issue.

I remember pre-range nerf every team game you will see elephant plus Brumbar combo and it will be impossible to come back late game in any fashion.
14 Jan 2020, 15:55 PM

Make the barrage vet 0 and free, decrease standard firing range to 25. Have it function kinda like a mortar on steroids.
That's actually a fing brilliant idea. If the barrage is free then it could perform more like scot on steroid and be devastating up close.
14 Jan 2020, 16:41 PM

again i said stats , if not i would not have specified if i considered abilities too

So you're considering abilities for a sniper, but not for a fucking AT gun while we're talking about the brumbarr? What kind of nonsense logic is that?

It's an ability with no vet 1 requirement you would always use when fighting the Brumbarr. The m1 is by far the best AT gun in the game

You're welcome to say the default fire of the 6 lber is better. That's irrelevant, it's not difficult to spend 30 Muni to toggle on AP rounds

again with sniper u are wrong
Name: "Critical Shot"
Duration: None
Cost: 30 Munitions
British sniper will damage the engine of a light vehicle.
British sniper will stun turretless vehicles.
British sniper will turret lock the enemy's vehicle.

My mistake. Doesn't change a thing about my point, which is that snares are still way more common on USF and Soviets. You're still not responding to my argument, just randomly pointing shit out

Again no one is saying the brumbarr dominates the British. It is better against them than it is against Soviets or USF. You haven't even mentioned US or Soviets while quoting me, so you have yet to even address my argument...
14 Jan 2020, 17:08 PM

Again no one is saying the brumbarr dominates the British. It is better against them than it is against Soviets or USF. You haven't even mentioned US or Soviets while quoting me, so you have yet to even address my argument...

im not contradicting i never said they were as mobile as usf or su, i simply said they are not as stakict and helpless as u make them to be , and any buff to brumbar ,which we didn't see in the tournament, would delete the ukf form the game
14 Jan 2020, 17:10 PM

i simply said they are not as stakict and helpless as u make them to be , and any buff to brumbar ,which we didn't see in the tournament, would delete the ukf form the game

I haven't said anything like this so learn how to read

I only said they are worse against the Brum than USF or Soviets. That's it

I literally said I'm okay with buffing the brumbarr......
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS