Login

russian armor

I was right on basically everything.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
13 Jan 2020, 10:12 AM

If you count only the finals, and you assume that both players are equally skilled, you would't neccesairly expect a 50% win rate for both factions.

If player A and B are playing a mirror match, and player A wins game 1, loses game 2, wins game 3 etc. Then you can say that player A and B are equally skilled. But in this game, factions switch, so now suddenly this win-loss pattern between player A and B translate in a 100% winrate for 1 faction.

There is no statistical reason to expect them to switch winners every game.

Also the reason I pointed out the finals for their abnormally high allied win rate was because it was shown how strong the Soviet faction is atm.

Good job detective u got me i prefer 4v4 mod for true Heroes

Nothing wrong with that, just gets tiring when you’re being sarcastic to people who state the Brummbar needs a buff on every single thread it’s brought up on when you only play 4v4. Either add a disclaimer or turn it down a few notches.
13 Jan 2020, 10:21 AM

There is no statistical reason to expect them to switch winners every game.

There is no reason why this wouldn't have been a possible outcome when there are two players of equal skill either...
13 Jan 2020, 10:24 AM

There is no reason why this wouldn't have been a possible outcome when there are two players of equal skill either...

A possible outcome, not the expected one you base your theory on balance on.
13 Jan 2020, 10:47 AM

A possible outcome, not the expected one you base your theory on balance on.

That's impossible to say with such a small sample size. It's like saying you would't expect a single dice roll to be a 6 and therefor if you throw a 6 it must mean the dice is loaded.
13 Jan 2020, 10:52 AM

That's impossible to say with such a small sample size. It's like saying you would't expect a single dice roll to be a 6 and therefor if you throw a 6 it must mean the dice is loaded.

The dice allegory doesn’t work because you can get six different combos instead of two and the dice being loaded is less possible than a coh2 faction being unbalanced.

A better allegory is you and me racing with two groups of cars, either two Ferrari models or two Lamborghini models. There’s no reason to expect us to switch winners every race and if all Lamborghini models win in all 5 races then it’s reasonable to think there might be something more to it.
13 Jan 2020, 11:23 AM

USF was more picked and had higher WR% by a small margin in the last 1v1 tourney. At least according to Siphon X' stats. Not sure why people to this day think Soviets did best in that tournament.

https://www.coh2.org/news/102660/world-championship-match-stats
13 Jan 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 08:43 AMKatitof
This thread name would be better only if vipper wrote it as it suits his personality perfectly.

I don't agree with everything Vipper says, but at least he actually tries to reduce drama hes involved in.
Take your petty crap to DMs or into a match and leave it there. I'm not the only one who's tired of your spat.
13 Jan 2020, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 12:12 PMSerrith

I don't agree with everything Vipper says, but at least he actually tries to reduce drama hes involved in.
Take your petty crap to DMs or into a match and leave it there. I'm not the only one who's tired of your spat.
I'm quite sure Ritter is either katitof or hector alt account to create more dramma
13 Jan 2020, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 12:12 PMSerrith

The thing is Vipper's style of posting just invites this sort of response. If Katitof doesn't respond to him it's someone else and every time the threat gets derailed. I have decided to just ignore whatever Vipper says so this sort of thing doesn't happen but I guess a lot of people just haven't learned that lesson yet.
13 Jan 2020, 13:00 PM

The thing is Vipper's style of posting just invites this sort of response. If Katitof doesn't respond to him it's someone else and every time the threat gets derailed. I have decided to just ignore whatever Vipper says so this sort of thing doesn't happen but I guess a lot of people just haven't learned that lesson yet.
but he litteraly didn't post in this thread , u are Just supporting katitof for the sake of not getting kicked out of the ally fan boy secret club
13 Jan 2020, 13:02 PM

but he litteraly didn't post in this thread , u are Just supporting katitof for the sake of not getting kicked out of the ally fan boy secret club

I didn't say he posted in this thread. I just said Vipper's style of posting generally leads to threads getting derailed because 90% of the time at least one person can't resist getting into endless discussions with him. It's not just Katitof doing it.
13 Jan 2020, 13:04 PM

I didn't even get time to turn up to the party before the thread went to shit?

Damn. I feel like I missed out on watching a train wreck.

Oh well.

For the record - no, you are not right.
13 Jan 2020, 13:26 PM

I didn't even get time to turn up to the party before the thread went to shit?

Damn. I feel like I missed out on watching a train wreck.

Oh well.

For the record - no, you are not right.

You can't go to shit if you started there.

Tbh, the fairly equal screaming at the balance team from both camps of fanboys is pretty solid evidence they're doing a good job.

Most of the game's balance issues these days are fairly minor things. Fallschirmjager having snares. Heavy tanks being too good. SOV's late game endurance being a little too good relatively. A few units like the SU-76 being useable but on the weak side. Heavies being just a bit too viable.

None of these things break the game.

I MEANT it as a rant. I just wanted to let all the haters know that I was RIGHT.

I think you should join the Steam forums.

You'd fit right in.
ddd
13 Jan 2020, 14:06 PM

USF had 50% winrate against OST and OKW and rifle buffs were the only reason why this faction was played in tournament at all. Stop being wehraboo.

13 Jan 2020, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2020, 14:06 PMddd
USF had 50% winrate against OST and OKW and rifle buffs were the only reason why this faction was played in tournament at all. Stop being wehraboo.

???? I hope u do know we have real data right ? 50% in ur dream
13 Jan 2020, 14:26 PM

I didn't say he posted in this thread. I just said Vipper's style of posting generally leads to threads getting derailed because 90% of the time at least one person can't resist getting into endless discussions with him. It's not just Katitof doing it.
dude
he literary din't post here and katitof called him out and this point i would call it bullying and u are blaming vipper for not posting here ?

get real and out of the katitof club
13 Jan 2020, 14:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

/locked for obvious reasons
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W