Login

russian armor

Demo charges

4 Jan 2020, 20:41 PM

Why do they only decrew and not kill LEFH guns?
4 Jan 2020, 21:13 PM

They dont? Well thats pure BS
4 Jan 2020, 21:28 PM

Why should they? Use two. You need a win-button?
4 Jan 2020, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2020, 20:41 PMLatch
Why do they only decrew and not kill LEFH guns?

Because arty pieces have OHK protection if they are crewed and explosive hits them to prevent stuka instawiping that considerable investment primarily.
4 Jan 2020, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because arty pieces have OHK protection if they are crewed and explosive hits them to prevent stuka instawiping that considerable investment primarily.

As far as I know those 200 mun offmaps destroy a heavy howitzer instantly.
4 Jan 2020, 21:52 PM

As far as I know those 200 mun offmaps destroy a heavy howitzer instantly.

Multiple shots, one decrews, following kill.
4 Jan 2020, 22:07 PM

So kill the crew then detonate and that will 1 hit? I am sure I've dont that before and it hasnt killed the weapon.
4 Jan 2020, 22:19 PM

Multiple shots, one decrews, following kill.

Most call-in abilities insta-kill e.g. Gustav. The only reason to use it.

But demo-charge? For that price and building-speed? Sure you have to be there, but insta-kill? That would be too much.
4 Jan 2020, 23:18 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Paratrooper demos used to not be able to 1-shot LEFHs even when decrewed from full HP. I assume this is the same issue it was just only applied to paratroopers and not commandos (who I assume you're talking about).

If commando demos aren't on CD though when they drop from glider or infiltrate they should be.
4 Jan 2020, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2020, 22:07 PMLatch

So kill the crew then detonate and that will 1 hit? I am sure I've dont that before and it hasnt killed the weapon.

I'd have to check what damage does demo do atm as its less then potent after it was soft removed from the game, but if that attempt at killing howi took it down to "1 hp", then it should.
5 Jan 2020, 00:01 AM

Paratrooper demos used to not be able to 1-shot LEFHs even when decrewed from full HP. I assume this is the same issue it was just only applied to paratroopers and not commandos (who I assume you're talking about).

If commando demos aren't on CD though when they drop from glider or infiltrate they should be.

Gliders are not on cool down infiltration are, same as their nades which I immagine is an over sight? and OFC I mean mandos :P
5 Jan 2020, 01:05 AM

I'm not sure a demo needs to be on cooldown for normal commandos. There is loads of warning that it's coming plus the animation of laying the demo. The nade probably should be but I don't see the point on putting it on the demo aside from making them clunky to use if dropped behind the lines vs on it.
6 Jan 2020, 23:40 PM

If commandos get a demo cd on deployment I assume you are also for falls having nades on cd when they land?
7 Jan 2020, 00:04 AM

Most call-in abilities insta-kill e.g. Gustav. The only reason to use it.

But demo-charge? For that price and building-speed? Sure you have to be there, but insta-kill? That would be too much.

Having to be there is a huge deal. Having an expensive squad like 100m behind enemy lines in the lategame, even with camouflage, is no small feat and a decent risk and then you have to actually lay the demo in full sight of the enemy, and then successfully hide or retreat to avoid losing a nearly 400mp squad in exchange. If that's easily done then there was an issue with where the LefH was placed, especially when one out of two axis factions have access to a free super-bofors as their T4 building.
7 Jan 2020, 09:41 AM

Having to be there is a huge deal. Having an expensive squad like 100m behind enemy lines in the lategame, even with camouflage, is no small feat and a decent risk and then you have to actually lay the demo in full sight of the enemy, and then successfully hide or retreat to avoid losing a nearly 400mp squad in exchange. If that's easily done then there was an issue with where the LefH was placed, especially when one out of two axis factions have access to a free super-bofors as their T4 building.

I don't see it like that, very few player repair their support weaopons. Hit it with something and the demo with insta-kill it. Or simpler -> You know how to do it? Put the mine, then shoot the crew and then wait, your enemy can't do anything. It is trolling, a joke ability I am fine with. Simply use it right and it is OP, even without a win-button.

Making it a fuk would be more than OP for such an easy ablity. The logic of that is like Sturmtruppen can't mine a flagg if not connected, or Goliath is an easy-kill by small-armes.

7 Jan 2020, 15:10 PM

I don't see it like that, very few player repair their support weaopons. Hit it with something and the demo with insta-kill it. Or simpler -> You know how to do it? Put the mine, then shoot the crew and then wait, your enemy can't do anything. It is trolling, a joke ability I am fine with. Simply use it right and it is OP, even without a win-button.

Making it a fuk would be more than OP for such an easy ablity. The logic of that is like Sturmtruppen can't mine a flagg if not connected, or Goliath is an easy-kill by small-armes.

What? You do realise that to actually get a demo charge onto an LEFH can be no easy task right? Its a hell of a lot easier to 1 click with abilities. The only thing I would say is broken is that mandos demos are not on CD with glider drop, but its not exactly subtle and the planting time isnt instant.

Goliath should 1hk arty pieces too including Preists and Sextons (Which I think it does anyway?)...
8 Jan 2020, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2020, 15:10 PMLatch

What? You do realise that to actually get a demo charge onto an LEFH can be no easy task right? Its a hell of a lot easier to 1 click with abilities. The only thing I would say is broken is that mandos demos are not on CD with glider drop, but its not exactly subtle and the planting time isnt instant.

Goliath should 1hk arty pieces too including Preists and Sextons (Which I think it does anyway?)...

Normally you see no protectors for Artys, maybe the OKW-base. With luck you can set the bomb with ease. You can kill the crew is secounds with gun-fire, decrewed supportweapon will be a fuk. I can't see the problem.

Goliath is better, because it is way more difficult to use it. And for that it is still UP versus vehicles. But that is an other story.
8 Jan 2020, 21:41 PM

Normally you see no protectors for Artys, maybe the OKW-base. With luck you can set the bomb with ease. You can kill the crew is secounds with gun-fire, decrewed supportweapon will be a fuk. I can't see the problem.

Goliath is better, because it is way more difficult to use it. And for that it is still UP versus vehicles. But that is an other story.

Yes but you still need to get a squad to the arty, that is likley right outside their base, kill the crew, plant the demo and hopefully get out alive. The depth and cost are absolutely justification for being able to OHK a big gun. That's quite literally the purpose of these abilities on these units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment