Login

russian armor

Paratroopers are way better than Rangers.

4 Jan 2020, 17:55 PM

no one use 3 BAR ranger

u should play more and learn to play coh2

True never seen 3x bar ranges. I'm pretty sure can learn to play coh2 better m8.
4 Jan 2020, 17:59 PM

Rangers' strength is their stats, not their abilities.

They're a simple, uncomplicated, very powerful squad. They don't need gimmicks.
4 Jan 2020, 18:04 PM

Codguy post a replay of you using Rangers and tell us why they’re underpowered with examples from said replay.
4 Jan 2020, 18:37 PM

Rangers got nerfed like once lmao.

And a small one at that. They only lost their damage reduction against explosions. Against small arms it was compensated by lower RA to keep durability the same as it was.
4 Jan 2020, 19:04 PM

Y'all aren't taking this seriously just because it's a codguy thread but he's right this time. Rangers are overnerfed and no longer cost/effective. They're simply not what you expect from a 350MP, 3CP doctrinal infantry that requires minimum 90 munitions.

Comparing them to Paras is out of question of course, Paras are balanced with their doctrines being not-so-powerful. So, buffing them to Para-levels is a terrible idea.

What I suggest is, instead of directly buffing them, give them a bit of utility like smoke/white phosphorus/sprint/moving camo etc. If they're supposed to be the versatile infantry that can choose from 3 options, giving them more utility shouldn't be a problem. I'd like to see a sprint ability but I'd prefer not to deal with sprinting triple-zook Rangers so, I suggest giving them a smoke grenade or moving camo to make them better against support weapons. This should also make the Vet1 bonus better by indirectly buffing it.

Edit: Now that I think about it again, it's possible to lock Sprint ability behind the Thompson upgrade. And giving them stock camo isn't a good idea. So, Sprint or Smoke would be better.

Rangers are great for what they are. Don't compare them to paras, compare them to rifles. Compared to rifles you lose the snare, but gain a weapon slot and a much smaller target size. What's more the Thompson upgrade which is absolutely amazing and if I recall they have a cooked frag meaning a better nade as well. Utility would make them toooo much. Sprint native on them would be unbearably strong. Dropping a point of the pop cap could be OK, but because of USF's crew mechanic it isn't as high impact as it would seem at first.

Furthermore, being available in the Great commanders they are in, making them a par with paras would really take the piss out of airborne. Do you want a Pershing heavy tank, rocket arty and WP and molitovs or air drop team weapons and an AT loiter that can be hard countered by a base building for OKW or a VERY meta AI vehicle for Ost? Hmmm.
4 Jan 2020, 20:44 PM

I don't think they need to be on par with Paratroopers exactly or necessarily need anything added. Honestly I just think their pop should be like 9 or maybe even 8. There is no reason why this unit should be 10 pop, they aren't THAT good that they should eat up so much pop.
4 Jan 2020, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2020, 20:44 PMCODGUY
I don't think they need to be on par with Paratroopers exactly or necessarily need anything added. Honestly I just think their pop should be like 9 or maybe even 8. There is no reason why this unit should be 10 pop, they aren't THAT good that they should eat up so much pop.

They probably could get away with being one pop less. They're a CP3 elite infantry squad.

It'd make about as much difference as changing their price by 10 MP either way.
4 Jan 2020, 23:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

They should match ober pop
4 Jan 2020, 23:45 PM

They should match ober pop

Why? Does OKW cheat the pop cap?
5 Jan 2020, 00:09 AM

Codguy post a replay of you using Rangers and tell us why they’re underpowered with examples from said replay.

This.

OP starts a lot of "X is OP" and "Y is UP" threads, but has yet to upload a single replay, despite being asked almost every single time. The community is generally very helpful, and would likely give pointers/advice on why certain units seem strong/weak in OP's use case, but multiple offers to do so have been ignored.
5 Jan 2020, 00:33 AM

This.

OP starts a lot of "X is OP" and "Y is UP" threads, but has yet to upload a single replay, despite being asked almost every single time. The community is generally very helpful, and would likely give pointers/advice on why certain units seem strong/weak in OP's use case, but multiple offers to do so have been ignored.

That's because the entirety of usf is UP. obviously.
5 Jan 2020, 04:28 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Why? Does OKW cheat the pop cap?

true, but I'm just refering to how they're relatively close in power.
5 Jan 2020, 07:32 AM

Buff rangers, then complaint paras UP.
Buff paras, then buff rangers because UP.
Repeat until the universe goes blackout.

And that is how powercreep is done
5 Jan 2020, 15:32 PM

Obers are like vet3 grens. I
m pretty sure 3x Bar Rangers beat obers at every range.

The mg34 on the obers has almost as much dps as the entire ranger squad +3 BARs combined, and each ober k98 has roughly the same long range dps as a BAR. I'm not sure how rangers win this at long range...
5 Jan 2020, 16:11 PM

The mg34 on the obers has almost as much dps as the entire ranger squad +3 BARs combined, and each ober k98 has roughly the same long range dps as a BAR. I'm not sure how rangers win this at long range...

Hmmm... Not exactly ober kar's have a dps of ~3.2 where each bar has ~4.5. Though lmg 34 dose have more dps than 3 bar combined (14.2 vs 13.5). why don't you do a test and find out what happens.
5 Jan 2020, 16:51 PM

Hmmm... Not exactly ober kar's have a dps of ~3.2 where each bar has ~4.5. Though lmg 34 dose have more dps than 3 bar combined (14.2 vs 13.5). why don't you do a test and find out what happens.

Again, at what range?

Your DPS numbers are rendered meaningless because DPS varies with distance.
5 Jan 2020, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2020, 16:51 PMLago

Again, at what range?

The DPS numbers tell you what range.... its obviously long.
5 Jan 2020, 20:29 PM

I dont know where these numbers come from, at no range does the Ober k98 do 3.2 dps. Its lowest dps is 3.77 and that is the max range. In fact there isnt a noticeable dps difference between it and a BAR up until about range 11. At ranges 30-34 its virtually identical in dps to BAR.
6 Jan 2020, 04:30 AM

I dont know where these numbers come from, at no range does the Ober k98 do 3.2 dps. Its lowest dps is 3.77 and that is the max range. In fact there isnt a noticeable dps difference between it and a BAR up until about range 11. At ranges 30-34 its virtually identical in dps to BAR.

Well, i'll run some scripts and see if thats the case or not later.
6 Jan 2020, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2020, 16:51 PMLago

Again, at what range?

We were talking about long range m8, so there was no need to specify we both know the context.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight