Login

russian armor

The Great OKW commander balancing

PAGES (9)down
23 Dec 2019, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 03:29 AMmrgame2

How would this help Ost? If anything, it makes Ost even trickier late game

The anonying allies LV are characterised by how hard for Ost to hit them under a good player. Faust is worse snare imo, because of long load times and line of sight.

In mid-late games, Ost vehicles need more active invovlement. Putting additional status is a negative.

In the mid-late, a snared tank is usually a dead tank.

In the light vehicle phase, Ostheer has no light tank hunter. That means they usually rely on PGrens and Pak 40s to take out light vehicles.

Engine damaged light vehicles can still outrun AT guns, making it pretty difficult for Ost to finish them off without a lucky teller.
23 Dec 2019, 12:30 PM

Gasp, how dare an opponent have nearly twice the manpower invested in troops as well as be on the defensive and have good odds against my übermensch?! Heresy!

That’s not my point. The problem is the economy is too good, so while you’re fighting a 4 cons, 1 guard army, your opponent goes 7 man cons on all 4 squads and soon within 5-10 mins has enough savings in mp to roll out a zis, a maxim, a mortar and tanks. If you don’t believe me check the last replay I uploaded. Your opponent floats plenty of mp while you’re stuck with barely enough mp to get tanks out,

Hence why I proposed removing the xp gain and lower reinforcement cost of 7 man cons, to make late game trading more even.
23 Dec 2019, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 12:28 PMKatitof

Soo, that's about 600+ fuel and 3000 manpower(rounded) vs 290 fuel and 2000 manpower(rounded).

And you think that's economy?
Perhaps not suiciding 3-4 squads and not letting opponent capture your fuel and holding it for the whole time might be issue here and not the economy?

It’s the mp, not the fuel. Fuel is easy to determine if you’re ahead or not, while mp is different. Just take a look at my last replay uploaded and you’ll see what I mean. Opponent went 6 cons and had the mp savings from 7man cons to roll out support weapons and tanks despite equal kills.

At any rate, all I said was make 7 man cons a bit less mp efficient, which is a sentiment a lot of people share. Not sure why I’m being singled out here.
23 Dec 2019, 12:36 PM

It’s the mp, not the fuel. Fuel is easy to determine if you’re ahead or not, while mp is different. Just take a look at my last replay uploaded and you’ll see what I mean. Opponent went 6 cons and had the mp savings from 7man cons to roll out support weapons and tanks despite equal kills.

At any rate, all I said was make 7 man cons a bit less mp efficient, which is a sentiment a lot of people share. Not sure why I’m being singled out here.

Soviets don't have higher mp then any other faction.
7 man cons are designed to win attrition war in small arms combat, but by that time you should have indirect fire support raining on them as well.

You are overestimating 7 man con attrition and simply not killing enough yourself if you think its possible to save over 1k mp over OKW with their dps of vetted obers or falls supported by stuka or ISG.
23 Dec 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 12:36 PMKatitof

Soviets don't have higher mp then any other faction.
7 man cons are designed to win attrition war in small arms combat, but by that time you should have indirect fire support raining on them as well.

You are overestimating 7 man con attrition and simply not killing enough yourself.

My point is they are too cost efficient and equal kills leads to the soviet player having a better economy as a result. This efficiency needs to be slightly toned down, as stated for the past few months by almost everyone.

Again, I’m not saying something new here,
23 Dec 2019, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 12:28 PMLago

In the mid-late, a snared tank is usually a dead tank.

In the light vehicle phase, Ostheer has no light tank hunter. That means they usually rely on PGrens and Pak 40s to take out light vehicles.

Engine damaged light vehicles can still outrun AT guns, making it pretty difficult for Ost to finish them off without a lucky teller.

In this case, tone down the LV. Maybe increase the vet requirements.

Or decrease their moving accuracy due to their speed. I dont see why Luch is 0.3 while Allies range from 0.5 to 0.75

A snared tank can still make it out. A critical engine on top is a dead sentence against 60Td. I mean it is also harder to get snared if you stay further away.

Double snared is simply bad for Axis, especially Wehr.
23 Dec 2019, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 10:10 AMVipper

The problem is that now the best strategy is to get a heavy tank narrowing the number of commanders used.

It more a diversity issue than balance issue. Either this vehicles become stock or they should become less attractive.

Imo make Axis T4 units come back to life, then they no need to fall back to Tiger always.

Sov could ignore IS2 and go for KV1 KV8 ISU, no problem
Ukf can go for Croc or not, no problem
I dont think Allies part have changed.

Only IS2 is too sweet now with the shortened timing and realisation Axis have little counter.
23 Dec 2019, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 14:11 PMmrgame2
Imo make Axis T4 units come back to life, then they no need to fall back to Tiger always.

Sov could ignore IS2 and go for KV1 KV8 ISU, no problem
Ukf can go for Croc or not, no problem
I dont think Allies part have changed.

Only IS2 is too sweet now with the shortened timing and realisation Axis have little counter.

Mess with the Panther and you mess with the balance of non-heavy tank combat. The Brummbar and Panzerwerfer are irrelevant to the heavy tank problem.

The solution to the heavy tank problem is to either to send them back to CP13 or to make their best counter not another heavy.
23 Dec 2019, 18:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2019, 20:19 PMLago

For axis, volume is the answer. Multiple stugs, multiple AT guns, even multiple pumas if you wanted to. Obviously allies have high pen TDs for their side. The reason why its hard to find "a unit" axis has to counter heavies is because the answer is multiple units.
23 Dec 2019, 18:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2019, 20:26 PMVipper

Again, countering heavies is not the command panthers role or what it excels at. Its aggressively hunting and killing mediums. If mediums were more favored, the medium hunter (the panther) would also be more favored. Also, the command panther has been retuned (cost decrease) to be more of a command alternative to the panther. Even if the c panther absolutely annihilatd heavies, spec ops still wouldnt be any more preferable because the panther would do the job just as well without requiring a doctrine. Like you said, you dont have a lot of vehicles to benefit from the aura in 1v1s, so why choose the command panther over the regular panther?
23 Dec 2019, 18:15 PM

For axis, volume is the answer. Multiple stugs, multiple AT guns, even multiple pumas if you wanted to. Obviously allies have high pen TDs for their side. The reason why its hard to find "a unit" axis has to counter heavies is because the answer is multiple units.

Sadly pop cap is a b**ch.
23 Dec 2019, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My point is they are too cost efficient and equal kills leads to the soviet player having a better economy as a result. This efficiency needs to be slightly toned down, as stated for the past few months by almost everyone.

Again, I’m not saying something new here,

You should never be on equal number of kills against soviets. That means the soviet is trading far better than you.

PD: unless he is spamming Guards/Shocks/Penals.
23 Dec 2019, 18:33 PM

This is actually great advise. I second this.
23 Dec 2019, 18:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Sadly pop cap is a b**ch.

Sorry, I dont really see your point. Heavies are 20+ pop cap each. Allied TDs are 14+ each. Double AT gun and double stug fall in a similar ball park. Heavies and their counters are pop cap heavy, yes.
23 Dec 2019, 18:59 PM

Those armour nerfs must be pretty hefty if Pumas are to be a heavy counter.
23 Dec 2019, 19:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 18:59 PMLago

Well, no amount of armor nerfing is going to help L2P issues.
23 Dec 2019, 19:11 PM

Well, no amount of armor nerfing is going to help L2P issues.

oof

But in all seriousness, Pumas against a Pershing? How does that work? It sounds like a recipe for lots of shell bouncing and exploded Pumas.
23 Dec 2019, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 18:59 PMLago

HEATgasm
23 Dec 2019, 19:15 PM

HEATgasm

If the answer is HEAT then Pumas aren't a counter. Not unless something crazy like HEAT becoming nondoctrinal happens.

EDIT: So I went and tested it out and... wow.

Not gonna lie, I was not expecting two bog standard Vet 0 Pumas to take out a Pershing from the front.

The IS-2's a different story, but it's getting its armour cut.
23 Dec 2019, 20:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2019, 19:15 PMLago

If the answer is HEAT then Pumas aren't a counter. Not unless something crazy like HEAT becoming nondoctrinal happens.

EDIT: So I went and tested it out and... wow.

Not gonna lie, I was not expecting two bog standard Vet 0 Pumas to take out a Pershing from the front.

The IS-2's a different story, but it's getting its armour cut.

2-3 pumas can approach from the front and swarm an is2 anyway. Its traverse and mobility just isnt good enough.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS