Login

russian armor

Guards underperform

15 Dec 2019, 01:00 AM

Wish you could attack ground with ptrs specifically for the ptac scenarios. After your button has been cancelled it would be nice if you could least give them a fuck you pair of shots

Notchnically a projectile weapon though so I guess it you can't do it cause there's no scatter. Would be cool if coh3 put scatter on more things
15 Dec 2019, 04:37 AM

TBH, I agree, and I think the UC repair nerf in particular was stupid and unnecessary considering it can't even be repaired by normal means in the early game, but I will say that Panzer Tactician being doctrinal sort of (and I do mean "sort of") justifies it being such an easy counter to the button ability, which if I am being honest I don't believe I've ever really tried to seriously use.

Button is doctrinal too.
It requires a specific unit as well as a special upgrade, and then a per use cost greater than ptac. You jump through the same hoops (picking a doctrine) then more hoops (possibly changing your BO to incorporate guards) then spend more (buying the dp28s) waiting for the upgrade to complete (just having the cp is not sufficient) and then finally paying more per pop. That's hardly acceptable realistically...
15 Dec 2019, 12:59 PM

Are you comparing the PTRS power versus Tigeres and Elefants?

Remove the LMG requirement and the ability is fine, or not?.
15 Dec 2019, 13:26 PM

Are you comparing the PTRS power versus Tigeres and Elefants?

No. Price has to come down in any case. 40 munitions is too much for a ability for which you need to go close to the tank and risk your squad.
15 Dec 2019, 13:28 PM

Guards are squishy as well. Especially airborne guards. Idk why. I always notice when my men under rocket artillery conscripts most of the time survive but guards straight out vanish.
15 Dec 2019, 13:38 PM

No. Price has to come down in any case. 40 munitions is too much for a ability for which you need to go close to the tank and risk your squad.

But it is an extreme good ability. Without panzer-taktics it is gg for the vehilce (if you have a AT-gun).

If 40mun is too much for that ability, I don't undestand the community anymore. xDD

e.g. if you remove the LMG requirement you save much muni because you don't have to upgrade.
15 Dec 2019, 13:40 PM

Nonsense. Getting within 20 range of a tank in the middle of a firefight while you’re a 6man squad isn’t anything special.
15 Dec 2019, 14:36 PM

But it is an extreme good ability. Without panzer-taktics it is gg for the vehilce (if you have a AT-gun).

If 40mun is too much for that ability, I don't undestand the community anymore. xDD

e.g. if you remove the LMG requirement you save much muni because you don't have to upgrade.

What is the cost of Pak stun shot ability?
15 Dec 2019, 14:42 PM

What is the cost of Pak stun shot ability?

Should be same price, but you need Vet1 and the stun-effects are weaker for extra pen.
19 Dec 2019, 13:22 PM

Permanently Banned
underperform is a bit overrated. They r actually useless.
19 Dec 2019, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 13:22 PMRitter
underperform is a bit overrated. They r actually useless.

Luvnest disagrees.
19 Dec 2019, 14:14 PM

Luvnest disagrees.

+1 LUL
19 Dec 2019, 17:37 PM

Upgraded guards hold their own against anything axis can field at range, all else equal, except for lmg obers or upgraded falls. Which is great for an anti armor squad. Most units have to give up significant dps to pick up handheld AT, guards' PTRS get boosted anti infantry damage mods instead. I believe they come out significantly earlier than upgraded obers/falls.

AT grenades are probably better as a general vehicle snare, but cons aren't doing any damage to vehicles in the meantime. Button also has no health threshold to snare.

The vision debuff on button basically guarantees solo enemy vehicles can't dive past them for a squad wipe or to hunt tank destroyers.

I like to keep them with a penal ptrs squad so the penals can run up and satchel without risk against unsupported medium armor that ptrs wouldn't normally threaten much. The satchel is effectively guaranteed engine damage on even the heaviest tanks, unlike an AT nade (or if not, a volley or two of 4xptrs deflections should fix that).
19 Dec 2019, 19:55 PM

Permanently Banned

I like to keep them with a penal ptrs squad so the penals can run up and satchel without risk against unsupported medium armor that ptrs wouldn't normally threaten much. The satchel is effectively guaranteed engine damage on even the heaviest tanks, unlike an AT nade (or if not, a volley or two of 4xptrs deflections should fix that).

too much micro
19 Dec 2019, 21:31 PM

The LMG is what they use to do the "buttoning" so that would be kind of awkward

The Panzer tacician scenario is the only thing that makes button seem not worth it. To me thats a ptac problem, guards are one of the best squads in the game, and button is super useful. Extra useful in team games, but good no matter what you're playing

PanzerTac should still cancel button btw, it should just be a little more expensive or changed in form somehow
19 Dec 2019, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 17:37 PMRisuga
Upgraded guards hold their own against anything axis can field at range, all else equal, except for lmg obers or upgraded falls. Which is great for an anti armor squad. Most units have to give up significant dps to pick up handheld AT, guards' PTRS get boosted anti infantry damage mods instead. I believe they come out significantly earlier than upgraded obers/falls.

AT grenades are probably better as a general vehicle snare, but cons aren't doing any damage to vehicles in the meantime. Button also has no health threshold to snare.

The vision debuff on button basically guarantees solo enemy vehicles can't dive past them for a squad wipe or to hunt tank destroyers.

You just spent 85 munitions. Add in 60 ammo for ptrs 75 ammo for dp upgrades of guards. So for the first tank u spent 220 ammo. After that for the same micro you always spend 85 munitions. And still a pz4 will limp away after a satchel. So in short its a gamble unless you have support around. Get 2 zis guns. They work better than this.
19 Dec 2019, 22:31 PM

The LMG is what they use to do the "buttoning" so that would be kind of awkward

The Panzer tacician scenario is the only thing that makes button seem not worth it. To me thats a ptac problem, guards are one of the best squads in the game, and button is super useful. Extra useful in team games, but good no matter what you're playing

PanzerTac should still cancel button btw, it should just be a little more expensive or changed in form somehow

I agree. Just like bren carrier repair cost increase this matter should be looked into as well.
19 Dec 2019, 22:41 PM

The LMG is what they use to do the "buttoning"

Overwork it for PTRS. Finished.
19 Dec 2019, 22:56 PM

Overwork it for PTRS. Finished.

I'm not saying it would be difficult, I'm saying that doesn't make sense for what the ability is
20 Dec 2019, 02:22 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS