Login

russian armor

USF med truck needs to be replaced

6 Dec 2019, 18:59 PM

I have seen the med truck talked about, by the usual players who want their cake and eat it too.

That's weird because I've seen it talked about before too and just about everyone seems willing to trade the mobility to make it immobile and not die in 1 shot (the idea you just wrote has been given about 600 times on this forum)

Stop sensationalizing every single complaint someone makes about allies

Put it someplace you can protect it if the enemy is diving it enough to make a thread about it. I swear some players don't want any counter play at all in this game. They want all the reward and none of the risk.

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't see why we can't just give the ambo an option to become a structure for more HP. Irreversible decision of course

In-base healing isn't something that everyone else has to worry about "counterplay" for, meanwhile they all have stock on-the-field healing options as well (except Soviets)
6 Dec 2019, 19:05 PM

So if I'm reading this right...
*ahem*
"if the enemy knows you don't have any counters they can exploit the fact that you didn't make, nor are making, any counters" is that what I read? What's next? "if I don't cap the victory points, the enemy does and my vps tick down and I don't think that's fair"?

I'll answer that even though it's painfully obvious, but you're missing the point.
They don't know what you have or not, sometimes they just YOLO their way in to take out the med trucks because everybody in 1v1 knows it's going to be there waiting at the front entrance and that they can kill it with one shot and get away.

So again, if it wasn't a problem why is it that easy and why does everybody do it?

If I want to destroy the ostheer's med bunker do I have to make a commitment and take the risk? Yes, and so I will just do it when I'm certain that I can stay there for the time it takes to destroy it.
The same with OKW.

In 1v1 you will see the USF base getting dived on absolutely 2/3 of the time, there is no risk, it's easy and fast, and that's why they all do it.
It's also pretty dumb to just tell us to move the truck when I see he is coming, you think we don't do that?
If it was this simple it wouldn't be a problem.
6 Dec 2019, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:05 PMCresc

I'll answer that even though it's painfully obvious, but you're missing the point.
They don't know what you have or not, sometimes they just YOLO their way in to take out the med trucks because everybody in 1v1 knows it's going to be there waiting at the front entrance and that they can kill it with one shot and get away.

So again, if it wasn't a problem why is it that easy and why does everybody do it?

If I want to destroy the ostheer's med bunker do I have to make a commitment and take the risk? Yes, and so I will just do it when I'm certain that I can stay there for the time it takes to destroy it.
The same with OKW.

In 1v1 you will see the USF base getting dived on absolutely 2/3 of the time, there is no risk, it's easy and fast, and that's why they all do it.
It's also pretty dumb to just tell us to move the truck when I see he is coming, you think we don't do that?
If it was this simple it wouldn't be a problem.

Cut the bullshit. The ambulance allows healing and reinforcement across the map, combined with a free mobile retreat point, which nobody else has as such an effortless combo. Making the ambulance more durable would make no sense, as it offers way more already than Ostheer bunkers and OKW trucks.
6 Dec 2019, 19:38 PM

Cut the bullshit. The ambulance allows healing and reinforcement across the map, combined with a free mobile retreat point, which nobody else has as such an effortless combo. Making the ambulance more durable would make no sense, as it offers way more already than Ostheer bunkers and OKW trucks.

Why don't you cut the bullshit then?

USF doesn't have riflemen with medkits, doesn't get healing at vet 3, and doesn't get healing from any other infantry...

Wanna talk about healing across the map? I think you're talking about OKW or Ostheer.
Remember, I could destroy the med bunker or OKW's tier 1 and they can still heal.

Did I forget to mention Volks healing themselves at vet 5?
6 Dec 2019, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:38 PMCresc

Why don't you cut the bullshit then?

USF doesn't have riflemen with medkits, doesn't get healing at vet 3, and doesn't get healing from any other infantry...

Wanna talk about healing across the map? I think you're talking about OKW or Ostheer.

Yeah poor USF doesn’t have to pay muni to heal, they just need to drive their vehicle out of their base.

Learn to read: Cut The Bullshit
6 Dec 2019, 19:40 PM

Button to deploy it permanently, removing the capability to decrew.
It now gains the same HP as a bunker and removes popcap.

Alternative: USF base could had a little less "stupid" design and more space to put units around.

I like your first idea. I think they looked at the second and had problems with it being buggy. The current base design looks like there should be an elephant in the middle of the circus tents.
6 Dec 2019, 19:42 PM

Yeah poor USF doesn’t have to pay muni to heal, they just need to drive their vehicle out of their base.

Learn to read: Cut The Bullshit

Please, stop embarassing yourself further.
You wanted to talk about the ability to heal "across the map" Axis has more than enough means to heal.

And that was the initial idea.
You mean to tell me it really matters to pay 25 or 45(for 3 med kits medkits no less) to heal your squad? It's still something at least.
Once you kill the med truck say in late game, good luck replacing it with all the pressure and bleeding.
6 Dec 2019, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:42 PMCresc

Please, stop embarassing yourself further.
You wanted to talk about the ability to heal "across the map" Axis has more than enough means to heal.

And that was the initial idea.
You mean to tell me it really matters to pay 25 or 45(for 3 med kits medkits no less) to heal your squad? It's still something at least.
Once you kill the med truck say in late game, good luck replacing it with all the pressure and bleeding.

Yes having to soft retreat, deploy a medkit for 3 seconds, then hope nobody shoots your squad stopping it from healing, then getting a 251 or command bunker to reinforce, is better than driving your ambulance outside your base, healing and reinforcing, then going back to base.

You are not a clown, you are not the entire circus, you’re a global phenomenon. Keep entertaining people.
6 Dec 2019, 19:47 PM

so what? you want it to be free?
Or better yet, why not give the same to USF?
Maybe RE can actually be good at something instead of just dying, and drop healing crates for 45 muni.

I'll take it, tell you what, you get this done, and I guarantee you that you will never again see somebody building a med truck.
6 Dec 2019, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 18:04 PMCresc

Ambulance cost 250/10
222 is 200/30
HT is 200/30

Again how it is that "sacrificing a 222 or a halftrack is more than a good trade" since the unit killed cost only 50 manpower more the unit lost and only 1/3 of the fuel?
6 Dec 2019, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 22:32 PMVipper

Ambulance cost 250/10
222 is 200/30
HT is 200/30

Again how it is that "sacrificing a 222 or a halftrack is more than a good trade" since the unit killed cost only 50 manpower more the unit lost and only 1/3 of the fuel?

Listen, I already explained that, but since you don't seem to understand how a 1v1 game works, I'll just ask you your playercard, this argument of one unit costs more than another means nothing.
ddd
6 Dec 2019, 23:26 PM

There was already thread about this where every player other than wehraboos agreed something should be done about this but balance team members shut the idea down.
6 Dec 2019, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 22:32 PMVipper

Ambulance cost 250/10
222 is 200/30
HT is 200/30

Umm.......... because you HAVE TO REBUILD that ambulance, making you spend 500mp and 20fu on healing alone in total, while 222 is not going to be rebuild and it already most likely had some kills on infantry, more then paying for itself?

Also, possible additional attrition due to temporary lack of healing?

For someone pretending to be so extremely smart about CoH stuff, you really can't see obvious stuff.
6 Dec 2019, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 22:46 PMCresc

Listen, I already explained that, but since you don't seem to understand how a 1v1 game works, I'll just ask you your playercard, this argument of one unit costs more than another means nothing.

No you have not explained, you simply wrote irrelevant things. Sacrificing a unit that cost about the same MP and triple fuel to kill an ambulance that can easily be replace is simply not "more than a good trade."

It is an average trade at best.

May playcard is completely irrelevant to what is worth trading or not.
7 Dec 2019, 00:05 AM

Permanently Banned

That's weird because I've seen it talked about before too and just about everyone seems willing to trade the mobility to make it immobile and not die in 1 shot (the idea you just wrote has been given about 600 times on this forum)

Stop sensationalizing every single complaint someone makes about allies

Ohhhhh, look who I've triggered again.......
7 Dec 2019, 00:13 AM

Umm.......... because you HAVE TO REBUILD that ambulance, making you spend 500mp and 20fu on healing alone in total, while 222 is not going to be rebuild and it already most likely had some kills on infantry, more then paying for itself?

Allow me to explain some basic to you, "More than a good trade" is when you exchange something less expensive for something more expensive.

According to your theory "More than a good trade" is giving 25 euros to buy a 20 euro bill. I suggest you try it and see how rich you will become.

For someone pretending to be so extremely smart about CoH stuff, you really can't see obvious stuff.

For someone who does not play the game you pretend to be very good at it so why don't you provide a replay of you wining game as Ostheer vs USF continuously sacrificing 222 to kill USF ambulances and thus getting the upper hand. (I have to warn thou you will have to install the game first.)

Now PSL go troll to another place.
7 Dec 2019, 00:13 AM

Button to deploy it permanently, removing the capability to decrew.
It now gains the same HP as a bunker and removes popcap.

+1
I think someone mentioned something like this before, but either way, it's a good idea.

Right now the Ambulance is balanced around risk:reward. You get an incredibly rewarding unit; mobile AoE healing and reinforcement, with the possibility of it being combined with an FRP, with the risk of it being incredibly fragile and fairly expensive. Giving the option to remove most of the risk (fragile) for most of the reward (mobile) seems fair.

7 Dec 2019, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 23:35 PMVipper

No you have not explained, you simply wrote irrelevant things. Sacrificing a unit that cost about the same MP and triple fuel to kill an ambulance that can easily be replace is simply not "more than a good trade."

It is an average trade at best.

May playcard is completely irrelevant to what is worth trading or not.

If anything I explain is irrelevant then I can't help you.
Just know that this game is more complex and subtle than "this cost more so this worth more"

It's like the army of wehraboos crybabies who tell you a panzer 4 costs more than a Sherman so it shouldn't kill it...
7 Dec 2019, 00:57 AM

It's ALL about the attrition.

No healing = infantry bleeds more = lose more engagement = lose map control = bleed more mp trying to reinforce them(if you have any)

It's the same with any other faction.
7 Dec 2019, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 18:49 PMGrumpy

The size of the USF base combined with the range of medics and different retreat paths would make this almost impossible to implement.

The ambulance's long pack up time and slow speed make it too vulnerable. Even when you see something diving, you often can't save it. Also, most of the time, it isn't a trade for a Puma. The Puma dives in, destroys the ambulance, and leaves in a cloud of smoke.

It doesn't even have to be a Puma. I traded a Panther for a Pershing, Jackson, Katy, Major, and two ambulances in this video. Clearly the Panther is UP and needs buffs.

I love how people like you are blatantly dishonest about what happened in the course of a game, and then unwittingly your pridepost video actually proves that you're talking out of your ass. A jp4 + P4 + TWO PANTHERS beat a low health Pershing and a Jackson. Wow Axis OP CONFIRMED!

Also, the USF player started moving his Jackson when the Panther was within 15 range. Not that it matters when a lone Jackson has to fight 5 times its cost in Axis armour by itself. It was a good double team on the USF player, no doubt, but your statement is complete rubbish. My T34-85 "traded for a KT, P4, rak, and Volks squad", clearly the T34-85 is UP. But yeah just like you I'm going to pretend that I didn't use mark target, a Katy barrage to clear/damage the support, 2 X T34-85s with Guards for button and an SU85 providing half the damage output.

A 100% won game in which your opponents have literally no armour or AT at all, and your team has an advantage of about 700 to 900 fuel in vehicles, is certainly proof that Axis vehicles can roam around Allied bases killing everything indiscriminately.

For what it's worth I do agree that the med truck is too vulnerable and slow to escape from dives. I like elchino's suggestion of having the option to make it an Ost med bunker.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 736
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L