Login

russian armor

Thoughts on Comet? Bad or Meh?

30 Nov 2019, 13:47 PM

I have used it a bunch now and Im still confused if its good than it used to be. I think its not that good for its price. It will usually face off tigers and panthers and it will surely lose in soloing those tanks so you have to get another or give it support. Its like a 50/50 AT and AI with a mix of rng. Maybe its veterancy should be reworked? It has a ability to throw a grenade and a vet to passively grenade. I wanna know the thoughts of other people on it. Maybe im just using it wrong.
30 Nov 2019, 14:57 PM

Comet is fine as it is but all the heavy tanks are OP at the moment (other than KT). That makes the Comet look mediocre. I am pretty sure once the heavy tanks have been adjusted the Comet will be in a good spot.
30 Nov 2019, 17:13 PM

It's a panther with less points in AT and more in utility basicly. It's easier to make part of your army since is has abilities to support it. Anything less than a panther and it is king. Particularly Ost t3. Yes those units are cheaper but it's sort of the same philosophy as the panther making allied mediums obsolete. It doesn't solo win games anymore but tossing 1 into your build if you can doesn't hurt at all.
30 Nov 2019, 17:27 PM

Comet is a better panther. It can deal with tanks well and it is very good against infantry. A great tank plus you get it stock. You can support it with firefly if there is a lot of armour or buy a second one if there's lots of axis infantry around.
30 Nov 2019, 18:03 PM

It is OK but come roughly the same time with tiger, i mean not long before, give it little window to Shine.
30 Nov 2019, 18:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I like it. It's a decent AI tank that has a lot of beef and armor in comparison to standard mediums, and most importantly, it can chase tanks down. It works very nice as a support tank and can operate on its own as well.

I think my only complaint is the total cost + tech (Which also gives other bonuses) which can make it pretty expensive and slow to get for its relativly low shock value.
30 Nov 2019, 18:38 PM

The old Comet was absolute dogshit.

The new one's much better.
30 Nov 2019, 18:52 PM

I find Comet to be in decent sport right now, like it's actually worth getting now.
It's not all that great on its own, but as a 2nd/3rd vehicle it works well.
30 Nov 2019, 19:26 PM

I think it's solid now honestly. Hits infantry enough that I'm definitely satisfied with it and its got pretty good AT and survivability as well. It also has a lot of utilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★