Login

russian armor

UI for Inf. disappear ingame

26 Nov 2019, 20:24 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I need your help!
As many people already heared, on some maps it can happens that your Inf has no UI anymore, which can cost you the squad, because you can't retread. And yes its not only on Vilshanka.

What I know is:
- Vilshanka (long time already)
- Liene forest (since mappatch)
- Eindhoven (since mappatch)
- Oka river (had it in past few time, but since mappatch never heared again)

This is atm for collecting informations for me and some people, who are willing to help me. This thread does NOT mean that Relic knows how to fix it or that it can get fixed or will get fixed.
But the more infos we have the higher are the chances....

What I want from you

When you play the game and get this error do following steps.

1. Save the replay and save the ingametime, when it happens

2. Upload the replay on org with name: @Sturmpanther UI bug

3. Write in the replay thread

a) which map

b) which player

c) WHEN it happens on WHICH unit

P.S Every bullshit, which is not direct helpfull will get invisbled
ddd
26 Nov 2019, 20:33 PM

You can retreat the squad, just click on empty building and back on squad and its fixed.
26 Nov 2019, 20:36 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2019, 20:33 PMddd
You can retreat the squad, just click on empty building and back on squad and its fixed.

That is correct and helps in most cases, but not in ALL!

Also this is NOT an solution for the future tho^^. Searching for the error.
Pip
26 Nov 2019, 21:00 PM

That is correct and helps in most cases, but not in ALL!

Also this is NOT an solution for the future tho^^. Searching for the error.

The other problem with this workaround is that it ceases to function if there are no garrisons left on the map. Unless it works with trenches, bunkers, and similar structures. And/or it ceases to happen when all structures are gone
27 Nov 2019, 00:18 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Remember when I said almost two years ago that this would get worse and effect more and more maps with each patch? And nobody listened as they were too worried about saying it happened only on Vilshanka, when, even at that time, it happened on other maps as well? I remember.

It has effected the following maps so far from my memory:

Vilshanka
Angoville
Arnhem
Oka
Lienne
Eind
Steppes
Elst
Xroads
Ettlebruck
Vaux

and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

OH and it also does not effect just infantry. It will effect vehicles and other units as well. It will also in some cases swap abilities of the units effected. For example, there was a screen shot of in game of an AT GUN with a stukka barrage abilities and handbreak, but no abilities for the stukka.
27 Nov 2019, 06:50 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2019, 00:18 AMTric

Vilshanka
Angoville
Arnhem
Oka
Lienne
Eind
Steppes
Elst
Xroads
Ettlebruck
Vaux

Thanks for providing a list of the maps. The purpose of this thread is to collect some replays of the actual bug occurring. Initial results seem to indicate that the bug does reappear in a replay.

The bug appeared on a King Tiger on Vilshanka on the first try yesterday. Interestingly enough the upgrades were visible but the 4x4 grid was completely empty. I'm particularly interested in what kind of variants of this bug are occurring (infantry vs. vehicles, are upgrades visible, "swapped" UI panels between units) and when they occur (are they always bugged immediately after entering the map).
27 Nov 2019, 11:38 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

OH and it also does not effect just infantry. It will effect vehicles and other units as well. It will also in some cases swap abilities of the units effected. For example, there was a screen shot of in game of an AT GUN with a s

That is correct. It can happens on Vehicles too.

Also fullagree about the swichting UI from different units.

But most of the times its just, that the Ui disappears. But ofc any replay with any bugs of this are more than welcome!

27 Nov 2019, 13:43 PM

It will also in some cases swap abilities of the units effected. For example, there was a screen shot of in game of an AT GUN with a stukka barrage abilities and handbreak, but no abilities for the stukka.

50cal with bazooka upgrade, frag and smoke nade... nerf please :snfPeter:

(Note that this is an older picture from BEFORE the recent mappatch)
27 Nov 2019, 14:51 PM

Uploading replays seems to be not possible at the moment ?
27 Nov 2019, 17:58 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2019, 06:24 AMCresc

I never had that bug happen in any other map but Vilshanka.

Very well thought out and super helpful post, I'm sure in the quest to finally find a fix for this bug this will be the post that we all reference as the break through, as you the sole arbiter of information on this topic have said that you have only experienced the bug on one map, therefore we must infer that the bug only happens on that map, despite screenshots and other evidence across these and other forums.

Thanks for providing a list of the maps. The purpose of this thread is to collect some replays of the actual bug occurring. Initial results seem to indicate that the bug does reappear in a replay.

The bug appeared on a King Tiger on Vilshanka on the first try yesterday. Interestingly enough the upgrades were visible but the 4x4 grid was completely empty. I'm particularly interested in what kind of variants of this bug are occurring (infantry vs. vehicles, are upgrades visible, "swapped" UI panels between units) and when they occur (are they always bugged immediately after entering the map).

From what I've seen throughout the patches, the unit is MOST LIKELY TO BUG on retreat, this is when the unit is no longer selectable and when it finally is there is no UI. There could be multiple things that cause this potentially, but I would wager either distance on the retreat path, or how often the retreat path is interrupted after the retreat has been sent to the server. What I mean by this is if you send a tank across the longest map possible and then put something in its path (another tank) it will literally drive right into it and stop, same thing used to happen with infantry on very long retreat paths. They would get blocked and just... stop retreating in the middle of the map, as the path that was initially drawn was no longer possible.

Now the swapping of the units abilities I would GUESS that it could possibly have something to do with connection to the servers and perhaps mixing up selecting between units? This seems to be by far the strangest one.

Also keep in mind that list is from memory, and across multiple patches, so some I haven't seen any complaining on some of these in a long time, and then other one offs I have forgotten.

More relevant however was a bug that was discussed and I shared with a bunch of people when I noticed it.

There are NEW SCAR FILES in the uploads that differ from the versions that I have sent personally to Relic, complete with their own code. Now this code shouldn't effect anything from what I've seen. However it leads me to believe that their compiler might be messed up, or being improperly used, as there is no reason for the code to be different than the versions that we have sent, which could very possibly lead to these bugs.

All in all though? I don't actually think its the maps themselves, but more so how they are loaded in game, it could potentially just be whatever ID that is tied to them is causing some sort of error in the backend. As with each patch and each new map/version, the bug spreads across more maps. Like how certain maps just won't load, or stalingrad finds itself back into the pool. That could be a good place to start checking on WHY that is happening in the first place, as it might be the cause of these maps featuring the bug.

All in all though, I'm just Easter Egging and any of these or none of these could be the cause.

Also I'm really curious on how you are replicating the bug?

50cal with bazooka upgrade, frag and smoke nade... nerf please :snfPeter:

(Note that this is an older picture from BEFORE the recent mappatch)

You are gonna get sturmpanther'd cause of your hacks young man, the gall to post this here when he is even in the thread! :megusta:
27 Nov 2019, 18:01 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2019, 14:51 PMLoxley
Uploading replays seems to be not possible at the moment ?

yes its bugged.
So pls give me the replay via discord.

you can find me here easy
https://discord.gg/zFcT2u
27 Nov 2019, 18:26 PM

Looking thru different versions of the maps from before the patch and post patch, there are files in the live maps that were not part of the original files sent for update. These files are usually not important files. things like high res version of minimap (which is never used) or a LUA file that describes some audio settings.

But these files indicate that the NEW files are being copied over OLD files.

Issues that could arise:
- A file cant be overwritten for some reason. Maybe the file is locked on the server or corrupted somehow. Then you will have a map compiled with wrong versions of files. Most likely this cant happen without the person copying the files from getting an error message.
- A file may get included in the new map, such as an old LUA audio settings file, that was not defined in the other files? Maybe this confuses the code somehow?

These examples are most likely not the culprit, but thought we should post them in case they help someone understand something we have not looked at yet.
2 Dec 2019, 23:48 PM

Damnit I forgot to save the replay, but I had a game tonight on Eindhoven 2v2 where my t34/76 lost its UI

It was driving near the castle type area around the southern fuel when i noticed it. It had just finished getting repaired about 20 seconds earlier, and I'm almost certain the icons were still there when i sent it over to the fuel

That's about as much as i can remember. It was a long match so by the end i just forgot to save it, my bad
3 Dec 2019, 11:30 AM

There is also a similar and possibly related bug. (I see it's mentioned already but I will provide my scenarios :))

All my units abilities were mixed up, showing abilities from other units and some just swapped places. This happened after I used the "lock-down" ability on the kv-1 and has also happened while toggling firing mode on the soviet call-in at M42.
ddd
4 Dec 2019, 21:36 PM

Replay

a) Vilshanka

b) Free KingKong

c) Tiger 22:00 (i was clicking on building to remove bug but it kept coming back after few seconds)
4 Dec 2019, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2019, 21:36 PMddd
Replay

a) Vilshanka

b) Free KingKong

c) Tiger 22:00 (i was clicking on building to remove bug but it kept coming back after few seconds)

ddd well done!
11 Dec 2019, 16:36 PM

11 Dec 2019, 17:29 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I was told that this was fixed, recently @sturmpanther can you confirm?

Or will it be fixed in an upcoming patch?
11 Dec 2019, 18:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2019, 17:29 PMTric
I was told that this was fixed, recently @sturmpanther can you confirm?

Or will it be fixed in an upcoming patch?

both time : Negative Sadly.

Atm its all in WIP and search phase. And as said: I or Relic never promised that there will be a solution for it. But atm we are looking into it again and try if we can find something, which would be fixable with our tools.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS