Login

russian armor

A good strategy that works against falls spam

25 Nov 2019, 15:44 PM

Hi, I'm a new player (level 7 ish so very very low). Any good strats that work against falls spam. I'd like advice on what to focus on what to watch out for. Ohh.. and if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry.
25 Nov 2019, 16:57 PM

Always plant mines, any vehicle will be helpfull, but you always should remember about their fausts and stealth. Falls like all elite infantry in game very costly for reinforce. In late use katy, scotch or centaur to bleed them. You could use sniper as well, but it very risky and hard-micro choice (but very strong if you play carefully). Soviet M5 quad could help to stop advancig blob.
In fact, if you play as soviets the most good doc gainst them the Counterattack commander with B4 and Mama Russia. You use Mama Russia and bleed falls.
25 Nov 2019, 18:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

level 7 ish so very very low

Well, somewhat off-topic, but: Level 7 actually means: "Slightly above average" with respect to ladder rank, so ;)

25 Nov 2019, 19:30 PM

Generally suppression works well because Falls spammers just a-move them in a blob - just don't leave a maxim by itself because it'll get deathlooped by the blob you'll want something spotting for it and/or drawing fire away from it. M5 with Quad upgrade is pretty good in the midgame too if you're good with keeping it alive. Additionally Falls spam is very manpower expensive so if you can force them to take a lot of damage from mortars/T70 and the like then you'll eventually bleed them dry.

Key is to really not take bad engagements where you let them focus fire down individual units. Just let them A move into your units behind green cover and then pick them apart with suppression and indirect fire.
25 Nov 2019, 20:05 PM

Shocks and suppression is usually the best course of action in the midgame. If you can suppress the blob following it up with some shocks will force him to retreat, and in the lategame any high explosives from vehicles like t34s, katys, or IS2.
25 Nov 2019, 21:10 PM

Generally suppression works well because Falls spammers just a-move them in a blob - just don't leave a maxim by itself because it'll get deathlooped by the blob you'll want something spotting for it and/or drawing fire away from it. M5 with Quad upgrade is pretty good in the midgame too if you're good with keeping it alive. Additionally Falls spam is very manpower expensive so if you can force them to take a lot of damage from mortars/T70 and the like then you'll eventually bleed them dry.

Key is to really not take bad engagements where you let them focus fire down individual units. Just let them A move into your units behind green cover and then pick them apart with suppression and indirect fire.
what do I do about the puma?? Keep it behind at gun???
25 Nov 2019, 21:28 PM

Plant mines, they will stop puma and bleed falls. Falls 4 man squad, 1 mine always kill 2 mens. If you have shock use smoke grenades to deny they long-range dps. If you have guards or penals with ptrs, just don't push and secure your M5 or T-70 from Puma. Try to use sniper in early game, if you don't afraid high micro tasks.
Falls spam cruel and strong, especially with Daddy Faterland ability, but crucial thing to stop it - suppresion and AOE. Sneaky demo in bush could deal enough damage to demoralize blobber.
25 Nov 2019, 21:56 PM

Mines get useless the minute they bring the minesweeper in the next blob wave
25 Nov 2019, 23:03 PM

Hi, I'm a new player (level 7 ish so very very low). Any good strats that work against falls spam. I'd like advice on what to focus on what to watch out for. Ohh.. and if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry.

faction? mode?
26 Nov 2019, 08:09 AM

faction? mode?
This is the red army section so i thought it was obvious. 1v1 level 7, 2v2 is level 11.
27 Nov 2019, 16:51 PM

what do I do about the puma?? Keep it behind at gun???

As long as you keep Conscripts around for AT Nade you can effectively zone Puma away - ideally you won't be too aggressive with the M5 since you'll be using it for crowd control if you opponent is somewhat telegraphing his avenues of attack. As long as you don't overextend it then Puma shouldn't be able to chase it down.
6 Dec 2019, 13:30 PM

Falls are pretty great

If you want to counter them, i'd with with Shock troops.
But...

4 conscripts with SVTs will shread. And even if you lose models, it will cost them more.
9 Dec 2019, 23:53 PM

Any good strats that work against falls spam. I'd like advice on what to focus on what to watch out for.

Hey Zero Zero Ni,

Falls spam can be easily countered. You need to cut the parachute supplies of the enemy.
If you can manage that, there will be no Fallschirmjäger the whole game.
These guys simply can´t spawn then. Its a common strategy at high level play, which is really efficient and counters that OKW doctine almost completely.

Good luck next game and...

have a good day <444>3
9 Dec 2019, 23:55 PM

Falls are pretty great

If you want to counter them, i'd with with Shock troops.
But...

4 conscripts with SVTs will shread. And even if you lose models, it will cost them more.

What about 8 conscript squads? Can I rightclick their base then? :)

Have a good day <444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight