Login

russian armor

Buff overnerfed Sniper

21 Nov 2019, 09:01 AM

Permanently Banned
At its current form the sniper is a waste of ressources.
Needs urgent fix.
Reduce Pop from 9 to 7.
And add a sniper to make it 2 per squad.

The sniper is one of the weakest I have ever seen in my experience with world war games.
And its micro intense. Nobody needs such a micro intense, vulnerable, weak, overpriced and lonely unit.
And who had this funny idea to raise the pop to tank level?!

Most of the time if u combine snipers they shoot at the same model. So for 2 sniper shots at the same time u only get 1 kill. That is another point why they are so ineffective and reason why the squad should be at least 2 men big.

The sniper is a disgrace to all serious ww2 fans!
21 Nov 2019, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sniper is fine and can bleed your opponent hard if microed well. Just look at high level play.

If it's ineffective for you, you're not microing it correctly. Don't buy it if you can't use it properly, but that is the same for every other unit
21 Nov 2019, 09:49 AM

Permanently Banned
the pop is too high, that's my main complain. Just reduce its pop!
21 Nov 2019, 11:29 AM

This might sound like a stupid git gud argument, but this is my opinion to your complaint.

Micro intense = Agree on, but I think it is because it would become too powerful if it was micro easy.

Most of the time if u combine snipers they shoot at the same model = It is only most of the time if you do not time it. What I usually do is that I select combined sniper team, then press tab to select one of them to aim at the target and then 1-2 seconds later press tab again to use the other sniper to aim at the same target. This will make it so that it will ALWAYS 100% kill 2 modules right after each other. One could say it is an inefficient way to do it, but that was how I managed around the "sometime" shots. The ONLY time I have experienced this method not working is if the enemy has moved his unit away from the sniper team's range, which they then will reposition themselves and restart their aiming time at the same time, which leads back to the "sometime" shots.

Pop cap being 9 = I mean, have you tried to meet a 2-4 man sniper team. It bleeds like hell especially if you are fighting british snipers because the second you rush the snipers with light vehichles, and AEC will usually be ready for you. I would say 9 pop is balanced.

Just my opinion.

21 Nov 2019, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2019, 09:01 AMRitter
At its current form the sniper is a waste of ressources.
Needs urgent fix.
Reduce Pop from 9 to 7.
And add a sniper to make it 2 per squad.

The sniper is one of the weakest I have ever seen in my experience with world war games.
And its micro intense. Nobody needs such a micro intense, vulnerable, weak, overpriced and lonely unit.
And who had this funny idea to raise the pop to tank level?!

Most of the time if u combine snipers they shoot at the same model. So for 2 sniper shots at the same time u only get 1 kill. That is another point why they are so ineffective and reason why the squad should be at least 2 men big.

The sniper is a disgrace to all serious ww2 fans!

1. no
2. playercard pls
21 Nov 2019, 18:26 PM

Big popcap is there for reason. Fighting against snipers is already quite infuriating experience in most cases and i sure as hell dont want more of it. Snipers are really strong already, as strong recon and ability to win you squad to squad level fights just by poking few shot.
21 Nov 2019, 18:37 PM

21 Nov 2019, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
So because u dont like it u want to keep it weak. That's a strong argument... :S
21 Nov 2019, 21:58 PM

Agree reduce population
22 Nov 2019, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2019, 21:18 PMRitter
So because u dont like it u want to keep it weak. That's a strong argument... :S

So, just because you have no idea how to use it, you want to buffit? That's a strong argument... See? We can do it too.
22 Nov 2019, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2019, 21:18 PMRitter

I think you'll find that a lot more people than him don't like snipers

You'll find way more people in favor of outright removing them than you will who want them buffed
22 Nov 2019, 03:23 AM

Permanently Banned
22 Nov 2019, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2019, 03:23 AMRitter
they r babies

Lol says the guy whining that they aren't good enough
22 Nov 2019, 04:51 AM

Lol says the guy whining that they aren't good enough

And countless other things as well...
22 Nov 2019, 07:12 AM

Permanently Banned
I was wrong about the sniper. It should actually be 5-6 pop.
It needs to be taken into consideration that it's just 1 man not a 4 man squad.
22 Nov 2019, 08:22 AM

Population is a representation of impact. High impact units take up a larger portion of your army. And snipers are high impact units. More so than most singular squads, thus the higher pop.
22 Nov 2019, 11:38 AM

for the love of god, don't buff snipers in any way
22 Nov 2019, 13:09 PM

I don't see not even the smallest effort from OP to show why buffing snipers is a good idea.
22 Nov 2019, 15:36 PM

Buff snipers so hard they vanish from the game forever

Replace with pathfinder squads

Problem solved
22 Nov 2019, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Buff snipers so hard they vanish from the game forever

Replace with pathfinder squads

Problem solved

comments like this are evidence that many of you have a hate towards snipers and are thus bias who wants to see this unit removed or nerfed. Just bc u dont know how to counter it doesnt mean it should be weak and removed. Thats really weak. To the opposite, these units should be buffed to remove players like u from the coh2 world.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★