Login

russian armor

Map pool and vetos for match making...

10 Nov 2019, 09:56 AM

Why cant relic make all maps past and present available in the pool, and allow us unlimited vetos to filter out maps WE dont like. Instead of forcing your decisions down our throats?

Am i right?
10 Nov 2019, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 09:56 AMmrgame2

Am i right?

No.

Unlimited vetoes would mean that a lot players just ban every map except their 1-3 favorite maps. And that is not the idea or concept behind automatch. If you only wanna play your favorite maps then create a custom lobby, easy.

Not to mention that automatch is the "more competitive" part of coh2 and most of the past maps that got removed were far from competitive.
10 Nov 2019, 12:00 PM

Westwall haters. BRinG iT BaCK!! :*(
10 Nov 2019, 12:11 PM

Vetoes are hardcoded to be a certain percentage of available maps. The amount can not be changed. Introducing a ton of maps would mean forcing a lot of [bad or hated] maps down peoples' throats.
10 Nov 2019, 12:12 PM

Why cant relic make all maps past and present available in the pool, and allow us unlimited vetos to filter out maps WE dont like. Instead of forcing your decisions down our throats?

Am i right?

The veto system has limited vetoes because it's more effective that way.

If every map is vetoed (which can happen in 4v4) the matchmaker chooses from the set of maps with the fewest vetoes.

The more vetoes everyone has, the less they're worth and the more likely they are to be ignored.
10 Nov 2019, 12:13 PM

So at least its a technical limitations.

Hope coh3 don't have this limit. Its about democracy, freedom to love maps, maga.

Imo if u veto too much and can't find games, naturally you will unveto some. Human live natural selection, perfectly self balancing
10 Nov 2019, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 12:13 PMmrgame2

Hope coh3 don't have this limit. Its about democracy, freedom to love maps, maga.

Imo if u veto too much and can't find games, naturally you will unveto some. Human live natural selection

Veto limits are pretty standard and aren't going anywhere because the veto system needs them to work well.
10 Nov 2019, 12:48 PM

Imo if u veto too much and can't find games, naturally you will unveto some. Human live natural selection, perfectly self balancing

Lots of people can be stubborn, I'd gladly wait for over an hour if it means I get to play Minsk Pocket every match.
13 Nov 2019, 18:35 PM

Vetoes are hardcoded to be a certain percentage of available maps. The amount can not be changed. Introducing a ton of maps would mean forcing a lot of [bad or hated] maps down peoples' throats.

Is it seriously something hardcoded in the game itself?

Wow.
14 Nov 2019, 10:59 AM

Certain maps favour certain factions and dcotriner more.

People would just veto every map except for the 1 or 2 which worked for their strats.

I play mainly 3v3/4v4 with my brother and the only maps we veto are Hill 400 and Whiteball express as they're pretty awful in our opinion.
15 Nov 2019, 05:26 AM

Map choice is determined after you find a Mach based on both players vetoes

So unvetoing maps doesn’t find you more games sadly.
15 Nov 2019, 06:48 AM

That's interesting. Does it explain why no bloody matter what when I play with friends it's always red ball?
15 Nov 2019, 18:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Is it seriously something hardcoded in the game itself?

Wow.

yes it is!

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2019, 10:59 AMGrim
Certain maps favour certain factions and dcotriner more.

People would just veto every map except for the 1 or 2 which worked for their strats.

I play mainly 3v3/4v4 with my brother and the only maps we veto are Hill 400 and Whiteball express as they're pretty awful in our opinion.

Are you main allies player?^^

this!

That's interesting. Does it explain why no bloody matter what when I play with friends it's always red ball?

just RNG
15 Nov 2019, 22:38 PM

Are you main allies player?^^

We play a fairly even mix although we don't veto anything when we play as axis.

Ettlebruck station is another veto when playing allies tbh.

On some maps playing against a combo of MG42s and sturmpios simply isn't worth the hassle.
16 Nov 2019, 00:14 AM

Am i right?

Cant agree more,I quit half games because i dont like some maps.There are 14 maps and I just play 6,so I give victories for free.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★