Login

russian armor

The USF Major and Off map

4 Nov 2019, 10:49 AM

In recent patches the some of the USF off map got buffed:

Time On Target

240mm Artillery

M83 Cluster Mines

While the new tech design and new abilities have made USF have easier access to indirect fire support.

What makes these abilities even stronger is that fact that USF get stock recon planes with the Major that allows cheap targeting.

Imo given all these changes the USF should be look at.

Suggested changes:
Passive sprint changed into an active timed ability

Shared veterancy removed from all officer (non USF also) accept Major. Officers do enough damage to to gain veterancy on their own.

Major reckon planes removed, the ability makes USF off map to powerful

Major barrage removed, USF already have plenty of indirect fire options

Major now has access to binoculars an timed ability that lock him in place but gives him direction "focus sight" with 45-50 range.

Captain "supervise" move to Major, now can be used on ambulance and increase healing rate by 10% can be used only if the retreat point is not setup. Captain is front line unit and has little reason to be in rear.

Captain now start with AT rifle-grenade and has access to normal grenades, the unit is currently inferior to LT.

All officer have smoke grenades/grenades/barrage on shared CD.

The suggestions aim at:
Adjusting USF off map with removing the easy targeting from Major reckon

Solidifying major as a Support unit being useful without being in the front line

Increasing the utility of Captain compared to LT.
4 Nov 2019, 11:07 AM

Yeah, no.

USF without recon passes don't have any way to spot for their off maps like the OKW have flares and everyone else has plane loiters (or smoke bombs)

Recon pass + offmap has always and will always be the hard counter to static arty and that's as intended. Every army can do it (besides UKF because lol UKF.)
4 Nov 2019, 11:09 AM

This is a straight up nerf to anything that makes the Major unique. The major barely sees any play already apart from acting as a retreat point and the occasional recon. Perhaps on paper all of this looks powerful, but in any mode, casual or pro -play, they do not do much. What you request here is as good as deleting the unit from the game.

It is a clear no from me. What you want is Axis to have all the fun toys, but nerf if Allies have access to it. And your ideas just makes things even more difficult to use.

edit: I did not check OP's username when replying.
4 Nov 2019, 11:10 AM

USF with no recon is a hard pass.

All the other ideas just seem...convoluted.
4 Nov 2019, 11:14 AM

edit: I did not check OP's username when replying.

We've been hoodwinked again. Damn.
4 Nov 2019, 11:28 AM

Ok so since brits cant spot for targets either (royal arty recon flares reveal nothing beyond the first frontline) you basically wanna totally cripple allied recon tools? USF has only 1 doctrinal recon plane, meanwhile OKW spec ops user must click his mouse 2 times without a counter.

Soviet IL2 recon every match is a shit alternative
4 Nov 2019, 11:34 AM

Actually UKF can spot, not sure how the ability is called but it's the one that reveals the whole map by sending 4 or 5 recon planes in a straight line.

Edit: It's "Assault" in the Commando Regiment.

UKF also has the recon loiter from the command vehicle and the one from Tactical Support Regiment HQ.
4 Nov 2019, 11:36 AM

I mean, maybe if we remove recon+offmap combo from all other factions/commanders, and not just gimp one of them, because reasons, for consistency?
Then i'd still say no, go away.
4 Nov 2019, 11:36 AM

While UKF dont even have a specific location recon, take away recon from major basically blind those two faction and make counter static arty from axis event harder than it already be. Then everything is up to the sov recon in team game where LEFH 18 is dominating.

Also, a recon pass is totally counterable by AA, not something "2 click light up anywhere you want while enemies cant do anything" like that of OKW, which "cant be neft because the doc will dead without it"
4 Nov 2019, 11:40 AM

Actually UKF can spot, not sure how the ability is called but it's the one that reveals the whole map by sending 4 or 5 recon planes in a straight line.

"Assault" from commando regiment, but isn't a specific location recon and will be a waste if use for recon only.
ddd
4 Nov 2019, 11:45 AM

Great ideas vipper i see you are serious about improving usf faction. Keep it up.
4 Nov 2019, 11:53 AM

Yeah, no.

USF without recon passes don't have any way to spot for their off maps like the OKW have flares and everyone else has plane loiters (or smoke bombs)

Recon pass + offmap has always and will always be the hard counter to static arty and that's as intended. Every army can do it (besides UKF because lol UKF.)

all other faction need a special doc commander to get recon. USF get it nondoc...that the difference...
4 Nov 2019, 11:54 AM

This is a straight up nerf to anything that makes the Major unique.

that would be a great argue to any nerf (jagdtiger etc) to prevent any balancing. Nice try.
4 Nov 2019, 11:58 AM

all other faction need a special doc commander to get recon. USF get it nondoc...that the difference...

Well, UKF dont have any "specific location recon", OKW have uncountable recon, different enough ?
4 Nov 2019, 12:01 PM

Also, a recon pass is totally counterable by AA, not something "2 click light up anywhere you want while enemies cant do anything" like that of OKW, which "cant be neft because the doc will dead without it"

Have you tried to counter Qiuq Recon Run with AA? Especially once major gets vet 1?

Have you tried to counter P47 Recon loiter with AA?
4 Nov 2019, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2019, 12:01 PMVipper

Have you tried to counter Qiuq Recon Run with AA? Especially once major gets vet 1?

Have you tried to counter P47 Recon loiter with AA?

I have countless of game where my team cant touch arty in near enemies base sector whith any kind of recon we have. If they invest enough in AA, any recon loiter will be down in a couple of sec and with that little of a window, a recon-callin combo require precise teamwork. Meanwhile, with OKW's flare, such a combo is much easier, you can take the time since the flare last for quite long and wont go anywhere.
4 Nov 2019, 12:33 PM

I guess we should just remove the 7 or so docs OST has that can do the same.

Regarding UKF recon abilities, they do have recon available on the airlanding officer
4 Nov 2019, 12:41 PM

I have countless of game where my team cant touch arty in near enemies base sector whith any kind of recon we have. If they invest enough in AA, any recon loiter will be down in a couple of sec and with that little of a window, a recon-callin combo require precise teamwork. Meanwhile, with OKW's flare, such a combo is much easier, you can take the time since the flare last for quite long and wont go anywhere.

Tell you what, test in cheat mode how many AA units you need to stop a vet 1 major from providing vision to a certain area and come back with the result...

OKW flares are a separate issue and this is not the tread to talk a bout a doctrinal ability. If you wish to debate OKW flares you can start a separate thread about it.
4 Nov 2019, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2019, 12:33 PMMusti
I guess we should just remove the 7 or so docs OST has that can do the same.

Regarding UKF recon abilities, they do have recon available on the airlanding officer

Ostheer Recon planes like Soviet recon planes and USF recon planes take 1 ability slot. This is a stock option in a unit that comes with teching.

If you USF do not have enough doctrinal loiter planes then these abilities should be reintroduced to more commanders. Having that said arguing about doctrinal abilities is rather irrelevant in a thread about a stock ability.

As for the strong off map I have repeatedly argued that they should be removed from commander with super heavy access like Stuka/Elephant and Tiger/fragmentation.
4 Nov 2019, 13:00 PM

Vipper, this idea is really bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %