Login

russian armor

New OKW Commander

22 Oct 2019, 16:43 PM

How about a new OKW commander ?

Here is my proposal:

Tankhunter Doctrine

2CP Zeal
All units will fight brave until the end. The more a squad looses the more powerfull it gets

4CP Flak 8.8
The mighty Flak 8.8 can be deployed on the field by sturmpioneers

6CP APCR Rounds
All tanks can use APCR rounds by using munition for a limited time

8CP Jagdpanther
Jagdpanther can be called in with a 8.8 caliber and stealth bonus mode

12CP Henchel Air Combat Patrol
Henchel with antitank guns patrol an area

22 Oct 2019, 16:51 PM

Great, now create an advanced modding tool and you can make this commander.
22 Oct 2019, 17:17 PM

Would be cool, the biggest barrier would be adding the 88 and Jagdpanther as they require models.
22 Oct 2019, 17:20 PM

Would be cool, the biggest barrier would be adding the 88 and Jagdpanther as they require models.

could be imported from coh1 ?
22 Oct 2019, 17:27 PM

That's just whishful thinking doctrine, not tank hunter.

A real one would look like this:

Panzerjager Doctrine

0CP Panzerfusiliers

0CP Sturmpioneers panzerfaust package (gives Sturmpioneers snares)

1CP Holzmine 42 (10 muni mine for LV 5 second stun, Medium/heavy 3 second stun)

5CP Jagdpanzer 38t (260mp 60 fuel built at BGHQ)

10CP JU87G Stuka AT strafe
22 Oct 2019, 17:42 PM

could be imported from coh1 ?

I think relic said they wont import any models form coh1
22 Oct 2019, 17:53 PM

I think relic said they wont import any models form coh1

I would like to hear the answer from the Relic manager to a simple question: will we get modding tools or not. Because without them there is no development.
22 Oct 2019, 18:39 PM

I would like to hear the answer from the Relic manager to a simple question: will we get modding tools or not

That ship has sailed long ago. CoH2 will never get modding tools at this stage.
22 Oct 2019, 18:51 PM

That ship has sailed long ago. CoH2 will never get modding tools at this stage.

Then the game can be called officially dead. Because the content - maintains interest in the game. And the game has not received large content for more than three years. Balance? After last large content, the game has been balancing for three years and the balanced wars are still ongoing, this does not support interest in the game.
Well, this is a great sorrow for me. Because CoH2 could be a good modding platform as the first part. Huge potential was poured into the toilet.
22 Oct 2019, 19:33 PM

I don't understand why people are so adamant about adding units like the Jagdpanther, Hetzer etc. to this game when OKW already has Puma, JP4, Panther and JT?
22 Oct 2019, 19:37 PM

Then the game can be called officially dead

I mean, what did you expect? The game is six years old. Of course Relic isn't going to release anything new at this point. And releasing mod tools would require a huge effort with very little gains for them.

After last large content, the game has been balancing for three years and the balanced wars are still ongoing, this does not support interest in the game.

I'd beg to differ, making the game as balanced as possible makes it more fun to play and keeps players playing.

This is supported by the player numbers on Steam (https://steamcharts.com/app/231430) that show that the number of average players is still as high as it was three years ago, and has made a resurgence last year with the free give away without any new content dropping (besides the new commanders). The estimated total amount of active players must still be around 200.000-300.000 which is quite a huge amount for such an old title in a less popular genre.
22 Oct 2019, 19:43 PM

I would like to hear the answer from the Relic manager to a simple question: will we get modding tools or not. Because without them there is no development.

If you don't know the answer yet, imma post your picture under "denial" definition on wiki.

Then the game can be called officially dead. Because the content - maintains interest in the game. And the game has not received large content for more than three years. Balance? After last large content, the game has been balancing for three years and the balanced wars are still ongoing, this does not support interest in the game.
Well, this is a great sorrow for me. Because CoH2 could be a good modding platform as the first part. Huge potential was poured into the toilet.

Aaaactually given how competitive CoH2 is and how popular ranked games are compared to, well, any other RTS game out there, as long as balance patches and tweaks are coming, crowd is pleased.

Stable/growing CCU over the years only proves that.
22 Oct 2019, 19:48 PM

I mean, what did you expect? The game is six years old. Of course Relic isn't going to release anything new at this point. And releasing mod tools would require a huge effort with very little gains for them.

They could, however, restore what they removed.

When the game was released, it was possible to import and edit models. A.Soldier has plenty of screenshots of CoH 1 units being loaded into the game.

At some point Relic or SEGA disabled this without publically giving a reason. Were I to speculate, I'd assume it was to prevent mods competing with official DLC.

Turning it back on would vastly increase what modders are able to do with CoH 2.
22 Oct 2019, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2019, 19:48 PMLago
They could, however, restore what they removed.

If it was that easy, they would've done it by now. I don't know the full story, but in short, as far as I know, those tools haven't been updated in years, it would still take a huge effort to make them compatible with the current version of the game, and the devs that worked on the tools and/or the game aren't around anymore to explain what's what. It's not that they don't want to, it's simply that they can't, with the current resources available.
22 Oct 2019, 19:54 PM

I'd beg to differ, making the game as balanced as possible makes it more fun to play and keeps players playing.

This is supported by the player numbers on Steam (https://steamcharts.com/app/231430) that show that the number of average players is still as high as it was three years ago, and has made a resurgence last year with the free give away without any new content dropping (besides the new commanders). The estimated total amount of active players must still be around 200.000-300.000 which is quite a huge amount for such an old title in a less popular genre.

Does it? No, for the sake of balance, the mechanics were removed, the game became more primitive: the fractions became as identical as possible to each other. As a person playing even with the Alpha test, I can say this: at the start, the game was terribly balanced but more interesting than now.
22 Oct 2019, 20:07 PM

I agree with crecer perspective, "fairness" is often mistaken my plain game mechanics these days. I find this a sad solution of balance and it gets worse with 1-faction players opinions.

I understand that a the game is complex enough to give a headache to anyone daring to learn it, but its not the best solution just to remove features of a game even if those features were not hard tested before release.

Sometimes balance is not a static thing, but a dynamic one, that depends on players strategies, game mechanics, map features and in game opportunities.
22 Oct 2019, 20:13 PM

I remember those old maps. They were so cool. I wish they were many more maps on automatch. I don't need balanced maps. It's just so much fun to play and explore imo.
22 Oct 2019, 20:28 PM

If it was that easy, they would've done it by now. I don't know the full story, but in short, as far as I know, those tools haven't been updated in years, it would still take a huge effort to make them compatible with the current version of the game, and the devs that worked on the tools and/or the game aren't around anymore to explain what's what. It's not that they don't want to, it's simply that they can't, with the current resources available.

I was under the impression it was a toggle. If that's not the case, it'd explain a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment