Thread: (H)MG34 11 Apr 2020, 16:21 PM
Well, I wouldn't have any idea where to acquire one. If you live in the US, you probably have the best chance at that.
The MG 42 follows the same principle, but was not factory delivered in the same way. There were 1200 and 1500rpm versions of the MG 42 delivered to units. Theoretically, you could also exchange the spring and increase/decrease the firing rate just as you could on the MG 34.
There was also the MG213, which was a 20mm aircraft cannon with a cadence of 1000 rounds per minute. It also existed as 30mm.
Germans were nuts.
Looks like germans tried to just fire quickly enough, thinking it does the job. Don't think they ever thought about actually being able to produce it in the same or more quantities than the Allies to do the job done. Why would they ever need these "versions" of MG34 and MG42?
PLS do not quote and respond to post as if they where addressed to you, when they are not. I did not say that you did not have an argument. I was responding to a specific non constructive post from another user (and my response was in a manner I would rather avoid).
The problem with that is that is based on the same concept of unit that can counter everything from range 60 and in the long run investing in an M36 will continue to be better option than investing in m10 because it will be able to handle every enemy units better and from longer range.
One should be looking at solution that allow rooms for all units and not a single unit that is better vs all vehicles.
It's not that I thought it's addressed to me. It's that you said that IF I HAVE an argument-say it.
Alright. Less accuracy on mediums and light tanks. Fine now?
I am sorry but I do not have the time to teach you the basics of the game and derail a thread in process.
If in your opinion M36 should have 100% chance to hit and penetrate a Panther a max range feel to support your theory with arguments instead of doing mental gymnastics in your "crusade" to prove my every post as wrong.
I have an argument. It's supposed to be a tank that you need a side-tech after like Major and is supposed to be costly, very, and pretty fragile, but used mostly only when you got Big Cats on the field, like KT in 2v2 or something like that. While at that same building you will have a cheaper TD, that can sometimes take on Panthers (again, with support) in case you don't have that situation.
Imagine it's like Su-76 is your only TD, and you need to pay extra for Su-85, that will hunt Big Cats. Like that.
Now what is the point of even having armor in the Panther if it going to be hit and penetrated with 100% probability at range 60 by a cheaper TD?
Now what it the point in building anything else since USF infantry can handle axis infatry?
1. What are you talking about, again? I said that the M36 is supposed to penetrate the smallest of the Big Cats at all times, the Panther, not the M10 being able to penetrate it at 100% of the time.
Again, M10=small, fragile, fast TD that can take on Mediums mostly and SOMETIMES Panthers, requires support against most foes, since it's easy to kill it. M36=good vs everything, but most often better against Big Cats, rather than Mediums, and requires only AI support.
2. That's a theme for a completely different forum. Don't be CODGUY but Axis version here for now, alroight m8?
I may have said something that has already been pointed out and agreed with because my mind can't get so much information at the time (balance threads are gonna kill me one day). Bear with me, please.
1. Yes. I think it should have Fuel price increased to 100, and MP to stay at 300 or even lowered a bit to 290, while its Penetration would be buffed a bit to be effective against stock PIV, Ostwind and Stug at all times, and OKW PIV at most times. I barely remember how exactly it penetrates, so you can correct me, but the last time I used it (as Brits actually) against a Panther it penetrated like 90% of the time. Could use some armour or health reduction if needed for the sake of being used in some sort of synergy. Would help to indicate the big difference between the M10 and M36 in that case. M10=effective at pretty much everything, but is more like a mobile Stug, so needs support; M36=effective at absolutely everything (well, maybe except like some mediums, idk) and needs support only against infantry.
2. M36 just needs to be unlocked at the same time Big Cats get out of their cages, but still, be not healthy, not very well armoured and rely on speed, (at this thing it wouldn't differ so much from M10 if it's added) AND punch. Maybe something like 100% penetration of Panther and a bit lowered on Bigger Cats, something like that.
I would suggest it take a certain upgrade path rather than adding to the cost of having it at all times, the path could be around 100MP-30Fuel to 120MP-40Fuel, while the cost of the unit itself could get a little decrease in MP cost, around 20, and remain the cost in fuel.
3. Well, I want it to be stock, just upgrade path, so yee.
And if I was mistaken in any of that, please tell me and I will correct myself. If I just repeated everyone before me-I apologize, I didn't have enough of that brainpower that day.
Thread: (H)MG34 10 Apr 2020, 21:45 PM
1800 rpm MG34!!!
Where can i see that in action?
Would also be nice if MG42 was also able to do the same, I would even pay to see that on both, no kidding.
Lowering the cost would be a bad idea. Triple Dshka with Quad AA is extremely oppressive and should not be encouraged.
If this unit goes well with T1, which is already pretty costly, then lowering the cost is good enough, especially if it's just 10MP or like that.
I mean, if it goes into T2 build instead of the Maxim, it also wouldn't hurt nor heal.
I agree with absolutely everyone on how good the Dushka is, but there is one point I still don't understand-the cost.
While it has a VERY small arc, fast set up, sprint, which allows to relocate extremely fast, and extreme suppression, as well as damage, it's good. It's doctrinal and costs...300MP? That's the only thing I don't understand.
All these things before make it reasonable for what it gives, I mean being doctrinal and having a small arc, also having a retreating bug, which I've never personally encountered, thus do not know about, but I think that the unit is already pretty micro intensive. Oh, and not only the arc not wide, but also not long, so that too.
I think it's cost, and only when you order an entire MG team, not a drop, should be lowered to at least 280-290, that's it.
I wished to create several things:
1) A squad with a combo of both Pioneers of Wehr and Sturms of OKW, successful, but then I added an upgrade of Volks STG44s and my idea was to give them to the Pioneer models, so that the full squad regains STGs, and especially after tests that it has better mid-range firepower, but for some reason, only the Sturms models get them. I had tests, and sometimes a Pioneer model may get 1, but only 1 Model out of 2.
2) A combo of Volks and Ostruppen models in a squad-4 Ostruppen models and 1 Volk model, and I wish to give him a Volk STG44 (basically copy of a CoH1 Volks squad), did the same actions to combine models in Pios-Sturms combo, doesn't work.
3) I created a unit, consisting out of 3 Panzergrens models, based off the Obersoldaten (models combo and 0 Obers models, 3 PZGs models) and put them into T0 (Main HQ) instead of the MG34-doesn't work entirely, even with giving them a new name and stuff.
4) How do I combine upgrades? Like a Flamer+Shreck upgrade into 1?
5) How do I combine the Veterancy upgrades? And how to, for example, make a Volks' flame grenade open for them not from an sWS truck, but from a Vet 1, as well as a lower RA?
Allow him to wipe full health 6 man squads by looking at them, a rifle shot does damage equal to destroy a KT.