with dealy in one week, i've opened the thread about fixes, which can be done with gamefiles. I will post here only stuff, which connected with touched in any way units/abilities etc.
Edit: Artillery standartisation touching not only affected in the patchnote abilities/units. Shells abilities standartisation also affecting M* Greyhound, which wasn't touched in this patchnote.
Partisans first strike bonus
Doesn't have any indicator, unlike Ostheer or UKF variants
Possible icon for it
Minesweeper upgrade for Combat Engineers
Now it have additional repair rate bonus, and mainly the same with OKW variant (minesweeper, wirecut and increased repair rate)
IS-2 HE Shell
This variant will bring it in line with other Shell abilities
Defensive doctrine order of abilities
Order in a mess and not match with preview of the commander. Don't look on fixed icons, they are taken from QoL thread.
Minesweeper upgrade for Pioneers
Same as Combat Engineers
StuG HEAT shell
The most obvious solution here is give it HEAT icon
Ostheer First Strike Bonus
Has indicator, but using incorrect icon for it.
Ostheer spotting scopes
USF and UKF Medics
Something need to be done with THREE abilities with medical supplies on them.
Falls first strike bonus
Same as partisans
OKW Ople Blitz aura indicator
Should get icon, which better exaplining it's effect (icreased reload speed for abilities)
Infantry Section Healing Aura Ability(and commisar's too)
I suggest to change icon on variant from USF ambulance and medics, because ability working as an aura. ->
Soviets and UKF using old variant, should be changed. ->
Text strings issues
Same rule - only touched units/abilities and etc.
1. Panzergrenadiers don't have requirements string for G43, when squad doesn't have enough slot items.
2. Shocktroops call-in ability in the main menu using description string from guards.
3. Volksgrenadiers M24 Grenades (fragmentation and incendiary) using same string for yellow text.
4. Volksgrenadiers vet 4 and vet 5 descriptions is all out of whack.
5. Flamehetzer doesn't have freestanding white and yellow strings for commander ability.
6. Sturmtiger, in the main menu, using incorrect string for call-in description.
7. King Tiger using incorrect string for call-in white description.
8. Requirement for using guards vet 1 ability using string from veterancy 1 description.
9. KV-2 string "effective vs" (yellow text about choosed unit) and IL-2 Sturmovik Attacks yellow text using the same string #11020682.
10. German bunker doesn't have yellow text at all.
12. AVRE and AT infantry section using the same string for call-ins yellow description (click to dispatch). String 11082826 13. Tiger using the same string with Tiger Ace for vet 2 description.
14. StuG III G using the same string for name and white description with Elefant and other owners of TWP users.
15. Falls vet 4 and volks vet 5 using one string for both.
16. Infantry section's deafult cover bonus and improved cover bonus using one string for their indicator on unit's portrait.
17. Requirement for using obersoldaten vet 4 ability using string from veterancy 4 description.
18. Command Tiger and Artillery officer inspiration abilities using one string for vehicles indicator on unit's portrait.
Shell icons standartisation
Conscript sergant 3D Model adjust
Current model doesn't have winter variant, it's not the optimal choice. But, there is exist unused model of capeless guards. Even more, it looks mainly like sergant model.
List is not final, i will update it with future itterations.
Very good changes there. I don't think I replied before, but I agree that the Repair Kit and DShK icons are much too saturated.
Nice changes for the Tigers, too.
I was thinking, though- a lot of other commander abilities that affect a certain squad have the squad's icon in the upper right corner (like Defensive Operations). So, here's an idea for the Conscript Repair Kit-
This is a rough mockup. It uses an alternate version of the repair icon (like Defensive Operations). The wrench's head behind the Conscript icon looked bad.
Two years ago i published several concepts in QoL thread, and one of them was very close to your idea. iirc there was a concept, based on royal sappers upgrade (with Vicker K) too. In the end, i decided to stick with current variant. it is clear enough and say everything you need to know about ability.
In the end, defensive operations has symbol like this due to limits of repair ability (infantry section can't repair vehicles)
Version from 7th august 2019
- Updated yellow description for near by all abilities in the game. Now they should give proper information about effect and duration.
- Text for indicators on top-left portraits corner (where it was possible) was adjusted like it was done with veterancy description.
- Yellow text for abilities, connected with shells, was adjusted. Not it also gives information about AOE, damage, penetration and range.
- Number of small fixes.
Версия от 7 августа
- Обновлено желтое описание для почти всех способностей в игре. Теперь оно должно давать исчерпывающую информацию о получаемых бонусах и эффектах. Теперь не обязательно наводиться на индикатор эффекта в левом верхнем углу портрета для получения нужных данных.
- Текст для индикаторов эффектов (где это было возможно), был оформлен в виде списка, как это было сделано ранее с описанием ветеранств.
- Способности, связанные с использованием особых снарядов, теперь имеют в описании такие данные как дальность стрельбы, бронепробитие, область поражения и урон.
- Ряд небольших исправлений.
Special thanks to Harold and SneakEye for help in preparation of this update. Their help was really huge!
Особая благодарность Harold'у и SneakEye'у за их помощь в подготовке этого обновления. Их помощь была поистине огромной!
42. USF M3 HT vet 1 ability and USF M1 At Gun vet 1 ability using one string for their yellow text description 11079720.
43. WC51 and M3 HT using one string for indicator text (on top left corner of the portrait) 11079721.
44. Volksgrenadiers's frag and incendiary grenades using one string for yellow description 11069516.
Spotted a big mess with DP-28 upgrades. If you pick up one DP-28 somewhere, you will get three variants of DP-28 upgrades:
1. Single DP-28 upgrade. Doesn't have name of the upgrade.
2. Another one single DP-28 upgrade (but with text about two DP-28). Doesn't have name of the upgrade as well.
3. Three DP-28 upgrade (locked due to occupied weapon slot).
On the good side, these "twins" using separated strings for each, unlike upgrades for Guards
And some small issues with UI indicators.
1. Panzergrenadier's mark target using incorrect icon for portrait indicator.
2. Tank hunter ambush tactics (variant for tanks and tank destoryers) using incorrect icon for portrait indicator.