3v3 and 4v4's
I'll make a video later today about all the things I've talked about in this thread.
Edit: Video added to OP
Profile of Applejack
Post History of Applejack
Thread: Ettelbruck station unbalance - team games22 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM
In: COH2 Balance
Thread: Ettelbruck station unbalance - team games22 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM
Oct Edit! - Some of the problems in this post has been addressed. Sega has responded to some imbalances by removing the green cover by the left munitions point, removing some fence near the top of the bottom munitions point (for easier rotation to the central VP) and removing debris from the top left capture point (as well as removing the choke so the left side can retake their point easily). Not sure if spawn points were increased/reduced for any side yet though.
I play a lot of team games and this map bugs me a lot. Seems like a coin flip for who wins this match. Because the right side has a huge advantage over the left side.
To name a few problems:
- The left side is very vulnerable to flanking and their forward points are very open towards the enemy leading to an easy decap and destruction of caches.
- They have one point of entry to the top point whereas the right side has two points of entry.
- The right side has a choke point near middle where they can camp and watch top and bottom safely. While the left side has a significantly harder to defend choke and the left side cannot watch mid and bot from the same position (more running distance). Mortars on the right side are easier to defend than the same on the left side.
- The left side has two buildings near middle at full HP which are very dangerous when enemy infantry (right side's troops) garrison into them. These two buildings overwatch the point that behind them which helps the right side contain the left side. While the right side does not have the mirrored buildings but instead has an alley way which is much less dangerous and can be easily defended.
- At the southern point, between the southern VP and the left munitions there is green cover for an MG to be placed that can watch the entire munitions point as well as the choke.
- Also the spawns seem to favour the right side. Right side units spawn more very close to their top neutral point. The left side has to move their units down a bit, through a choke to get to theirs.
- Fuel points could use some mirroring as well. The left side's fuel is covered by buildings but the right side's fuel points are not covered. Meaning right side's units can shoot as soon as they can see them but the left side must move around some buildings.
Just a couple complaints I have with this map.
tl;dr Ettelbruck Station unbalanced in team games
In: COH2 Balance
Thread: Dealing with volley fire18 Jul 2014, 04:57 AM
Best way to deal with volley fire?
Cry about it and have Relic nerf it to the ground. They might as well remove volley fire from the game.
Thread: Road to Kharkov unbalanced?18 Jul 2014, 02:59 AM
Sides are not much of an issue on this map. Its which team that can dig in the resources in the early game. That team will have a much easier time winning.
I wouldn't say the map is unbalanced in terms of position but OKW does have a significant advantage here because of their early medic truck and stormpios. Stormpios can destroy everything in garrisons simply because their DPS is insane at close ranges. They are also a very strong early game power house unit which helps them take the resources earlier on.
I don't want to turn this into a huge QQ post about stormpios but thats my opinion. That map favours Axis more than Allies. Its a lot harder to recover from a mistake that is punished by a single stormpio squad than any other single squad that the Allies have (and don't argue assault engineers because they are worse than stormpios in every aspect except cost and deployment time).
(I thought I was writing a post about Faceoff at Rostif but this post turned out to be an 'in general' complaint about OKW)
Thread: 4vs4/3vs3 strategies18 Jul 2014, 02:50 AM
Team games? Play Axis, specifically OKW. You mentioned strategies for Ostheer so I will give you some.
Build caches. They provide a bonus income for your entire team so its much more significant in 3v3's and 4v4's than 1v1's.
Late game is all about armour micro and gren shrek balls. You want to have your grens with shreks protecting your armour and your armour doing most of the heavy work. Together they are a very unstoppable force aside from callins and artillery. Preserve your armour as best as you can.
Thread: Lienne Forest15 Jul 2014, 10:18 AM
14 Jul 2014, 19:36 PMDzuari
There is a rather high munitions price tag on the strategy you suggested there. If I could pull that off it would be great but if I fail then I'm down a crap ton of munitions.
I think the main problem with this map is the river in the middle. Its hard for Allies to chase retreating enemy armour because they will slow down to cross the river, allowing ample time for Axis tanks to retreat to safety.
As an Allies player, I will always have that map vetoed when playing team games. Its simply too Axis favoured.
Thread: Veteran Riflemen Company15 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM
I really wish I had the Rifle Commander. Its probably the best USF commander at the moment.
Easy 8's are great too since you don't have to choose ammo with them. They're everything a USF Sherman is supposed to be with an slightly increased fuel cost.
Thread: Fighting Positions15 Jul 2014, 10:12 AM
The squad dies if the enemy can get an explosive in the fighting position. Grenade, mortar etc. I've always been scared to put anything more than an REU inside there, haha.
Also for anyone thats interested, the rifle grenade does exactly half the damage of a normal grenade. Which is pretty nice considering that it costs no munitions for that rifle grenade to be shot, albeit randomly.
Thread: Anyone know any hard counters to King Tiger?9 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM
If they can get a king tiger out, you should be able to get a couple medium tanks out. Assuming you have a couple T-34s or Shermans, send them in but surround him so he has to turn his turret to reaim also send your infantry in to soak in some fire.
I usually move one of my tanks behind the KT to block him so he can't reverse out. That usually seals its fate.
Thread: Rifle Company: How is it?9 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM
I don't have it but I play with a couple people who do. E8s are great and are a completely solid upgrade to the normal Sherman as you don't need to select ammo for it, it does cost slightly more fuel but it performs marginally better. I've noticed that you do have to get a normal sherman out before you can get an E8 out as the E8 comes rather late.
As for white phosphorus. I've seen some massive destruction with this combined with incendiary artillery on OKW medical buildings. Destroying up to 7+ squads of infantry. White phosphorus will never kill a unit, only bring it down to 1hp iirc. Which makes it good for smoking a place up and bringing riflemen in the rear of those units and picking them off.
In: COH2 Gameplay
Latest replays uploaded by Applejack
Ladders Top 10