Login

russian armor

USF urban assault

10 Oct 2019, 19:10 PM

Rangers with 3 elite zooks + global sprint.

Who thought this was a good idea?

On top of that Calliope spam and Jackson spam powered by pop cap abuse is just fucking madness.

WHY was this implemented?
10 Oct 2019, 19:40 PM

You do know that PGs+shrecks+global sprint is a thing since release?
Why aren't you complaining about that?
10 Oct 2019, 19:53 PM

Because PGs don't get 3 shrecks and aren't 5 man squads?
10 Oct 2019, 20:11 PM

Because PGs don't get 3 shrecks and aren't 5 man squads?

I'm not defending Urban Assault (because its BS and annoying) but I'm pretty sure that the two shrecks of the PG's do as much damage as the 3 bazookas, and are more likely to penetrate.

Even more annoying was having to play two automatch games last night against a "top 30" OKW player who had Urban Assault as one of his 3 OKW commanders. He used both Calliopes and Rangers in both matches, but couldn't buy zooks for his rangers. Rangers with Thompsons shred cons.
10 Oct 2019, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 20:11 PMGrumpy

I'm not defending Urban Assault (because its BS and annoying) but I'm pretty sure that the two shrecks of the PG's do as much damage as the 3 bazookas, and are more likely to penetrate.

Even more annoying was having to play two automatch games last night against a "top 30" OKW player who had Urban Assault as one of his 3 OKW commanders. He used both Calliopes and Rangers in both matches, but couldn't buy zooks for his rangers. Rangers with Thompsons shred cons.

shreks fire much slower and they come on 4 man squad, so much more easier to wipe. RN USF just have so many over performing units (jackson, riflemen etc.) that are difficult to nerf as the factions relies on them and on top of that, they have this nonsense
10 Oct 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 20:11 PMGrumpy

Elite Zooks are just as good as Shrecks are they not? I am not talking about the standard ones. I complain specifically about the elite ones.

Report the guy that abused commanders.

Urban Assault is really annoying in 2v2 at the moment. The RE rifle grenade is strong. The Rangers are strong. HE Sherman with dozer upgrade is flat out OP IMO. OKW and Ost P4 can't really hurt it due to the extra HP and armor. HE shells + phosphor ability have so much firepower to hurt your infantry and raketenwerfers. Then Calliope for the late game infantry wiping. Just a complete nightmare to play against. All of this wouldnt be such a big issue if USF couldn't abuse pop cap so easily. Try beating USF with double calliope double jackson a HE dozer sherman + zooka and bar blobs roaming around with your 100 Axis pop cap. It's almost impossible unless opponent completely messes up.
10 Oct 2019, 20:35 PM

Ok, so the Ranger and Paratrooper Zook compared to Pgren Shrecks.

Elite Zook
Damage 100
Reload 5.75
Accuracy 0.063/0.048/0.034
Pen 160/150/140

Time for a triple Zook Ranger squad to kill a P4 if every shot penetrates or miss: 11,5 seconds
Time for a triple Zook Ranger squad to kill a P4 if one shot bounces or miss: 11,5 seconds
Time for a triple Zook Ranger squad to kill a P4 if two shots bounce or miss: 11,5 seconds
Time for a triple Zook Ranger squad to kill a P4 if three shots bounce or miss: 17,25 seconds

Shreck
Damage 120
Reload 7.75
Accuracy 0.069/0.052/0.028
Pen 180/170/160

Time for a dual Shreck Pgren to kill a Sherman: 15,5 seconds
Time for a dual Shreck Pgren to kill a Sherman with 1 miss: 23,25 seconds
Time for a dual Shreck Pgren to kill a Sherman with 2 misses: 23,25 seconds
Time for a dual Shreck Pgren to kill a Sherman with 3 misses: 31 seconds
10 Oct 2019, 20:37 PM

Elite Zooks are just as good as Shrecks are they not? I am not talking about the standard ones. I complain specifically about the elite ones.

Report the guy that abused commanders.

Urban Assault is really annoying in 2v2 at the moment. The RE rifle grenade is strong. The Rangers are strong. HE Sherman with dozer upgrade is flat out OP IMO. OKW and Ost P4 can't really hurt it due to the extra HP and armor. HE shells + phosphor ability have so much firepower to hurt your infantry and raketenwerfers. Then Calliope for the late game infantry wiping. Just a complete nightmare to play against. All of this wouldnt be such a big issue if USF couldn't abuse pop cap so easily. Try beating USF with double calliope double jackson a HE dozer sherman + zooka and bar blobs roaming around with your 100 Axis pop cap. It's almost impossible unless opponent completely messes up.

Elite zooks are 100 damage versus 120 for the shrek, IIRC. I don't know what is the difference in penetration values or fire rates. They probably fire faster like Alphrum claims so the DPS could be the same or higher. I think only the paratroopers get the elite zooks but haven't played a lot of USF lately and am not sure. I've ran into the triple zook rangers a couple times and was surprised how fast they will mess up an OKW P4. That said, it doesn't really feel worse than having to deal with double shrek Panzerfusiliers as Soviet.

The rifle nade is more annoying than the rangers to me, as it is really good at denying the use of cover. The annoyance far exceeds the damage.

I posted the replay in the replay section. Not sure who to report it to.
10 Oct 2019, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 20:37 PMGrumpy

Elite zooks are 100 damage versus 120 for the shrek, IIRC. I don't know what is the difference in penetration values or fire rates. They probably fire faster like Alphrum claims so the DPS could be the same or higher. I think only the paratroopers get the elite zooks but haven't played a lot of USF lately and am not sure. I've ran into the triple zook rangers a couple times and was surprised how fast they will mess up an OKW P4. That said, it doesn't really feel worse than having to deal with double shrek Panzerfusiliers as Soviet.

The rifle nade is more annoying than the rangers to me, as it is really good at denying the use of cover. The annoyance far exceeds the damage.

I posted the replay in the replay section. Not sure who to report it to.

No, Rangers get the elite bazookas. It was changed when they introduced Urban Assault and changed Rangers in general.
10 Oct 2019, 20:41 PM

They also fire much more faster than Schrecks. One volley from a zook equipped ranger squad will take a Panzer IV down to just above half health.
10 Oct 2019, 20:58 PM

Ok, so the Ranger and Paratrooper Zook compared to Pgren Shrecks.

Interesting. I rarely play OST but can see how it would be a lot worse for OST than for an OKW P4.
10 Oct 2019, 21:05 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think this would be heavily fixed if it was given the valiant assualt treatment, where you cannot spring while in combat. Axis tank 3x MGs + any supporting troops would ensure the units would not sprint.
11 Oct 2019, 00:54 AM

I just want to add that cover to cover is not a global ability, it has an area of effect.
11 Oct 2019, 01:01 AM

3 pz gren can delete a cromwell in just 1 slavo (120×6). 2 rangers triple zook cant do the same with a P4 (100×6).
11 Oct 2019, 01:08 AM

I think this would be heavily fixed if it was given the valiant assualt treatment, where you cannot spring while in combat. Axis tank 3x MGs + any supporting troops would ensure the units would not sprint.

But this also crippled the whole ability, as far as i know, cover to cover just prove sprint, not any combat buff.

It is designed to allow user to out -manoeuvre, how can this can be achieved if anyone stop running the moment they see enemies.
11 Oct 2019, 01:22 AM

Honestly with all the bitching about ranger zooks that goes on they should probably get the 2 slot-item cap that most other squads get. Can still put elite zooks on them but not 3.

Personally I think elite bazookas in and of themself are also kind of weirdly implememted; i would have given them higher accuracy and pzshrek-level penetration instead of higher damage and slighy higher penetration. Instead of doing more damage per shot for some reason, theyd just do damage more consistently, which makes more sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★