Login

russian armor

Decrew timer, or player owned timer for USF vehicles?

Is instant decrewing a gimmick that should be changed?
Option Distribution Votes
56%
44%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Oct 2019, 02:00 AM

It's really annoying and immersion breaking when without fail USF players decrew their vehicles to glitch out targeting. It is essentially a free smoke screen.

While decrewing is a part of the army I really don't think that it should be a common exploit.

Is it possible to either 1) add a timer that stops the vehicle for 2-3 seconds until the crew exits, or 2) add a timer to the vehicle itself that still makes it a valid target by the AI for 4-5 seconds while still instantly dropping the crew?
7 Oct 2019, 02:58 AM

just add the time delay, decrew doesnt add any skill and just cheeses the game
7 Oct 2019, 05:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

FYI: It currently has a 2 second delay if the vehicle was in combat in the last 8 seconds.
MMX
7 Oct 2019, 06:09 AM

honestly i think it's fine. sure it's arather gimmicky feature, but there is the 2 second delay upon exiting the vehicle, plus you can't reenter immediately either, leaving you at risk to lose the vehicle crew in the process. if anything, maybe the delay for reentry could be increased, or the vehile crew could get a noticable RA debuff for a couple of seconds after bailing out.
7 Oct 2019, 09:54 AM

Would have been nice and made sense for there to be crew exit and enter animations like in the USF trailer...
7 Oct 2019, 22:42 PM

Would have been nice and made sense for there to be crew exit and enter animations like in the USF trailer...

I would trade exit speed for animations if they automatically began repairs and then reentry.
7 Oct 2019, 22:56 PM

I would trade exit speed for animations if they automatically began repairs and then reentry.

Automatic repairs and then reentry is actually possible modder side right now even.

I asked Codiex on Steam, a well known CoH and CoH2 modder for a script that does exactly that a long time ago for a mod I was making but sadly have lost the files since it's been a while.

Would be a nice QoL change in my opinion as well.
8 Oct 2019, 09:12 AM

I'm assuming that there's not animations for all the vehicles?

Surely animation would be the ideal situation.
MMX
8 Oct 2019, 11:41 AM

would also remove some of the "cheesiness" the op mentioned as it would give a visual cue whenever the ability is used and enough time to aim manually
8 Oct 2019, 11:57 AM

I'd make the following changes:

Move the 2 second delay to before the crew hops out. That makes it harder to dodge shots with a decrew, and removes the irritating two second delay before you can queue a recrew order when repairing your tanks.

Apply an 8 second stun to any recrewed vehicle: it takes a crew a little time to get into their seats and start everything up.

That stops you hopping in and out in combat: you'll stun your tank.

2) add a timer to the vehicle itself that still makes it a valid target by the AI for 4-5 seconds while still instantly dropping the crew?

This is possible, but the vehicle won't be recrewable until it runs out. You'll also have to stun it to stop it autofiring.
8 Oct 2019, 14:56 PM

There's no animations for any of the vehicles in the game.

But as you can clearly see at 0:48 in this video:

The crew of the M20 jumps out of it, Relic sadly just used it for just cinematic purposes instead of actually implementing said or some sort of other similar animations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★