Login

russian armor

What are the problems of Soviets in 1v1?

8 Oct 2019, 11:07 AM

Wait penals scale bad all of a sudden? I rely on those bad asses most matches right up until the end!

Plus you can pick up a flammenwerfer or mg42 and then they become monsters.
8 Oct 2019, 11:33 AM

Wait penals scale bad all of a sudden? I rely on those bad asses most matches right up until the end!

They don't scale bad, but relaying exclusively on vet for scaling leaves them behind in late game, they don't scale as well as other infantries.

No amount of vet beats muni upgrades+vet on the long run. Conscripts being prime example here.
8 Oct 2019, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2019, 09:14 AMMaret
In fact, 120mm is just bigger version of regular mortar. It need different abilities. Not flare.
Like:
1. Timing Shells like USF mortar halftruck have.
2. Fire shells, like OKW firesturm have for leig.
3. Smoke shells

I think design where "bigger unit = stronger and slower version of smaller unit" - just stupid and lazy decision in game design. Units always must have different abilities. 120mm is doctrinal and should give to player different game experience.

The abilities don't bother me a lot. I really like the standard Soviet mortar and would like the 120 better if it had the same abilities. The problem is that they nerfed it down to the same damage rate as a standard mortar (per El Chino's testing) but left it with the high price and pop cap. TBH, I would rather see those adjusted than the unit buffed. The old 120 was too much.

8 Oct 2019, 15:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2019, 04:03 AMGrumpy

Let me put it this way. The best description for the 120mm is a "win more" kind of unit. It's a luxury unit.
It won't help you when you are losing. It has enough drawbacks to ever consider it a strictly better version of the 82mm mortar.

8 Oct 2019, 15:41 PM

They don't scale bad, but relaying exclusively on vet for scaling leaves them behind in late game, they don't scale as well as other infantries.

No amount of vet beats muni upgrades+vet on the long run. Conscripts being prime example here.

Hm I can agree with that. However, they are still fearsome for me when I come across them in the late game with their ptrs rifles and sticky satchells. They would be so awesome with DPs I guess.
8 Oct 2019, 15:41 PM

Yes!
8 Oct 2019, 17:26 PM

Some things I noticed

The Is2 is CP 10 even though all other Heavy tanks of its class is 9 cp. (Even the Overpowered Pershing)

The Su-76 only gets 140 damage at Vet 3. While the Puma gets 160 damage at Vet 3.

T/34 Ram is really buggy and really RNG based. T34/85 Ram is a useless ability because you never want to sacrifice the 130 fuel tank.

Soviets have doctrinal support weapons that are weirdly over priced for their performance.

B4 is a crutch. RNG cannon wins games better than any actual arty (Ml-20)

In comparison, Soviets have far less useable doctrines than any other faction.

8 Oct 2019, 17:48 PM

They turn into 6 man obers with the mg42, shits crazy. Cons also are amazing if they can manage to get their hands on any mg.

Still remember when the 2v2+ meta was UKF and SOV and the UKF player would drop double brens for cons and make them unbeatable.
8 Oct 2019, 18:22 PM

Some things I noticed

The Is2 is CP 10 even though all other Heavy tanks of its class is 9 cp. (Even the Overpowered Pershing)

The Su-76 only gets 140 damage at Vet 3. While the Puma gets 160 damage at Vet 3.

T/34 Ram is really buggy and really RNG based. T34/85 Ram is a useless ability because you never want to sacrifice the 130 fuel tank.

Soviets have doctrinal support weapons that are weirdly over priced for their performance.

The SU76 could use a small buff. When it was a lot better people would spam them.
The 120mm mortar and light AT gun are overpriced. I've tried the AT gun both against the computer and in an actual game. If was fine against the computer but terrible in game. Makes me wonder how it was tested.
I've also tried the B4. It's okay if you just shell their base until it gets vetted up. After that it's a lot better than people think. If you try to hit that tank that is being repaired (before it has vet), you could fire all game and not likely hit anything. Even at that, it still seems worse than a ML20.
8 Oct 2019, 19:35 PM

Hm I can agree with that. However, they are still fearsome for me when I come across them in the late game with their ptrs rifles and sticky satchells. They would be so awesome with DPs I guess.

If they have PTRS, they are AT squad and vet does literally nothing for them except a very tiny amount of received accuracy. In fact, I don't know if there is a squad scaling as badly in the whole game as PTRS penals.
9 Oct 2019, 03:40 AM

Some things I noticed

Popcap is related to the number of models crewing weapon I guess. Soviet support weapons are more durable thanks to that.
9 Oct 2019, 04:00 AM

Popcap is related to the number of models crewing weapon I guess. Soviet support weapons are more durable thanks to that.

Unfortunately that's false due to the unfixable Deathloop bug as well as higher RA for Soviet weapon crews.
9 Oct 2019, 04:12 AM

Unfortunately that's false due to the unfixable Deathloop bug as well as higher RA for Soviet weapon crews.

Ok. thanks. Good to know :)
9 Oct 2019, 07:55 AM

If they have PTRS, they are AT squad and vet does literally nothing for them except a very tiny amount of received accuracy. In fact, I don't know if there is a squad scaling as badly in the whole game as PTRS penals.

Lol.
9 Oct 2019, 10:02 AM

Well everyone laughed when I suggested they get piats/bazookas at T4 so I hope they enjoy this trash unit.
9 Oct 2019, 10:43 AM

Oh yeah, there are also some meme lords around who find PTRS penal AI dps to be "potent".
9 Oct 2019, 11:49 AM

on one hand, PF are the bests scalling infantry in the world

on the other penal have the worse scaling

both unit have almost the same vet and similar ai dps (g43 p fusi are a bit better at close range and on the move but cost more), and even with ptrs they still works well vs AI unlike pfusi with sherck (the penal ptrs have -40 acc but they gain it back with vet as they have 60% bonus, while still having 4 stv)

:luvDerp:
9 Oct 2019, 11:56 AM

tbh id argue that the best scaling infantry is the conscript...vet 3 + 7 man conscripts are capable of taking down anything... even obers have trouble against vet 3 7 man conscripts...

at vet 0 however the unit is utter trash and is crapped on hard by the lack of a machinegun... meaning the odds of surviving to lategame especially against okw is close to null unless you significantly outplay the opponent...

ostheer at least can be overwhelmed by opting to cover more ground instead of engaging them directly... just make sure to avoid that mg-42 at all cost... youre likely to win any engagement with grens so long as the MG-42 isnt involved thanks to the +1 squad you have (since u didnt spend MP on a machinegun)

9 Oct 2019, 12:05 PM

i was quoting what kat said in the pfusi thread
9 Oct 2019, 12:09 PM

on the other penal have the worse scaling

both unit have almost the same vet and similar ai dps (g43 p fusi are a bit better at close range and on the move but cost more), and even with ptrs they still works well vs AI unlike pfusi with sherck (the penal ptrs have -40 acc but they gain it back with vet as they have 60% bonus, while still having 4 stv)

:luvDerp:

read the whole post , not only thing u can take out of context

:snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 50
unknown 26
Germany 13
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias