Login

russian armor

Easy USF fix

30 Sep 2019, 10:10 AM

- change starting fuel to 10. (same as OKW)

- make officers cost 280MP instead of the ridiculous 200 MP.

- partially revert Riflemen buff from last patch.

- remove veterancy penetration bonus from Jackson so it has the same penetration as Firefly. Keep HVAP as it is now. With current insane penetration of Jackson HVAP is meaningless and hurts more than it helps (because of the slower reload speed)
30 Sep 2019, 10:41 AM

> USF Win rate drop to 37%
30 Sep 2019, 11:50 AM

> USF Fanboys will spam this forums to death
30 Sep 2019, 11:51 AM

I'd use a different approach:

- Add a 20-30 second buildtime to the M20.

- Delay the soft AT in Lieutenant tech by either moving the .50 cal AP rounds to vet 1 OR locking the M20 crew zook behind veterancy.

These changes would make the M20's timing a bit less oppressive, giving Axis factions room to breath and time to prepare counters for the M20/Stuart combo, because currently I feel Axis is very limited in what build order they can follow to counter USF's light vehicle meta.
30 Sep 2019, 12:03 PM

30 Sep 2019, 12:09 PM

Why would changing the starting resources slightly and making officers 80MP more expensive turn USF from OP to 37% win-rate? Are you out of your mind? The penetration changes from Jackson would only really impact Tigers and KTs.

The only way someone can think USF is balanced in this patch is if they are exclusively playing 3v3 and 4v4 everyone semi-decent in 1v1 and 2v2 knows balance is stupid at the moment. (UKF borderline useless now too, so not just USF issue)
30 Sep 2019, 12:17 PM

The only way someone can think USF is balanced in this patch is if they are exclusively playing 3v3 and 4v4 everyone semi-decent in 1v1 and 2v2 knows balance is stupid at the moment. (UKF borderline useless now too, so not just USF issue)

Played tons of high level 2v2s since the patch, had 0 issues as OKW.

And sorry but I dont agree with these nerfs at all, you can ask the top tier 1v1 players and most of them say that the powerspike of free LT and especially the fast M20 is the biggest threat in 1v1 atm.... and not the riflemen.

As others previously mentioned there would be a lot options to nerf M20 without hammering it too hard.

- increase the build time a lot or
- increase manpower cost or
- add a munition cost to the unit as well (crew has a zook)

etc etc
30 Sep 2019, 12:26 PM

Balance is a delicate thing. It doesn't take much to knock a unit (or faction) off the peg one way or the other.

Toning down USF needs to be done with care.

With Riflemen, we've got two options:
  • Riflemen are pretty meh, with the 200 MP Officer power spike making up the difference. This is what we had before, and USF play became about building as few Rifles as you could get away with.
  • Riflemen are good, and the Officer power spike is toned down accordingly.

Currently we have good Riflemen and the Officer power spike, which is a bit much. Cranking up the manpower on the Officer as you suggest tones down the power spike, but it also messes up the USF tech structure.

One possible solution is to make the Officer unit only worth 200 MP, then give it an upgrade that cranks it back up to its 300 MP power level.

Similarly, any changes to USF fuel income will mess up its carefully timed tech tree and undermine the teching rework.

The M20's a simple fix though: ditch the bazooka. That tier has the Lieutenant bazooka, .50 cal AP and the Stuart. It doesn't need an AT vehicle crew too.
30 Sep 2019, 12:27 PM

Why would changing the starting resources slightly and making officers 80MP more expensive turn USF from OP to 37% win-rate? Are you out of your mind? The penetration changes from Jackson would only really impact Tigers and KTs.

With that change, if you go 2 rifle then the gap is too big for the 3rd infantry squad, if you go 3 rifle then you will have too many infantry later on.
30 Sep 2019, 12:30 PM

With that change, if you go 2 rifle then the gap is too big for the 3rd infantry squad, if you go 3 rifle then you will have too many infantry later on.

Exactly. This was such a big issue that USF got a teching revamp mainly to fix it.

The teching costs can't go up without messing up timings. We'll need more creative solutions to the Officer power spike.
30 Sep 2019, 12:52 PM

I don't see how that messes with timings. You just build 3 Riflemen instead of 2 before going for LT or CPT tech. Right now it's normal to get 2 RM then LT then while the LT is under construction you get one more RM.
30 Sep 2019, 12:54 PM

I don't see how that messes with timings. You just build 3 Riflemen instead of 2 before going for LT or CPT tech. Right now it's normal to get 2 RM then LT then while the LT is under construction you get one more RM.

Tech revamp was made SPECIFICALLY to avoid forcing usf into 3 rifle builds and you want to reverse that?
30 Sep 2019, 12:58 PM

Played tons of high level 2v2s since the patch, had 0 issues as OKW.

And sorry but I dont agree with these nerfs at all, you can ask the top tier 1v1 players and most of them say that the powerspike of free LT and especially the fast M20 is the biggest threat in 1v1 atm.... and not the riflemen.

As others previously mentioned there would be a lot options to nerf M20 without hammering it too hard.

- increase the build time a lot or
- increase manpower cost or
- add a munition cost to the unit as well (crew has a zook)

etc etc

Fast M20 would be solved by lowering USF starting fuel. Making the officer more expensive would make it less of an MP advantage. Pretty simple. Riflemen are not OP when you look at them in a vacuum but together with all the other tools USF has in early and mid game they are just too good. M20, Stuart, Greyhound, 50 cal, Pak Howi, MHT on top of strong mainline infantry that easily beats Grenadiers and Volks is just too much. There needs to be some trade-off between either strong support weapons or strong LVs or strong mainline infantry. Instead USF has the best of everything and a free squad thrown in for good measure. It's just stupid.
30 Sep 2019, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 12:54 PMKatitof

Tech revamp was made SPECIFICALLY to avoid forcing usf into 3 rifle builds and you want to reverse that?

I don't understand this at all. OKW and UKF are forced into at least 3 Volks/Sections and no one has a problem with it either. So why does USF need to be the special snowflake faction again?? And now don't tell me because OKW can spam Kübels and Sturms and UKF can spam Vickers and UC. I am talking about useful build orders. And if a USF player really doesn't want to build Riflemen for whatever reason he can still get Assault Engineers, Pathfinders, IR Pathfinders, WC51, Cav Riflemen etc etc
30 Sep 2019, 13:11 PM

- Remove bazooka from M20 crew.
- LT and Captain are made into 4 men squads. Can reinforce to 5 once Major comes around.
- Double the build time of the LV upgrade for LT to unlock M20&Stuart, as well as the Captain’s to unlock Pack&AAHT.
30 Sep 2019, 13:34 PM

First I'm not a USF fanboy so buzz off, next his solution is dumb, issue right now is lieutenant to M20 to stuart is too fast : so you either increase build time in either or all of those, or nerf tech cost by 10 fuel and/or some mp.
30 Sep 2019, 13:35 PM

Do the same they did with Luchs for OKW when that arrived too early. Increase tech build time and M20/Stuart buildtime. Problem solved.
30 Sep 2019, 13:45 PM

I don't understand this at all. OKW and UKF are forced into at least 3 Volks/Sections and no one has a problem with it either

When was last time you've played USF?
Its perfectly viable to fast tech after 2nd rifle now, allowing for support weapons use.

So why does USF need to be the special snowflake faction again?? And now don't tell me because OKW can spam Kübels and Sturms and UKF can spam Vickers and UC. I am talking about useful build orders. And if a USF player really doesn't want to build Riflemen for whatever reason he can still get Assault Engineers, Pathfinders, IR Pathfinders, WC51, Cav Riflemen etc etc

Because, contrarty to EVERY SINGLE OTHER FACTION IN THE WHOLE GAME, USF does not have ANY alternative to rifles out of the gate or within first minute.

Doctrinal options are not relevant to this.

In case you were in a coma for past 4 years, balance progressed in a way that doctrines are only supplements, not something you have to relay on for faction to be competitive or have diversity.
30 Sep 2019, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 13:45 PMKatitof

When was last time you've played USF?
Its perfectly viable to fast tech after 2nd rifle now, allowing for support weapons use.

Because, contrarty to EVERY SINGLE OTHER FACTION IN THE WHOLE GAME, USF does not have ANY alternative to rifles out of the gate or within first minute.

Doctrinal options are not relevant to this.

In case you were in a coma for past 4 years, balance progressed in a way that doctrines are only supplements, not something you have to relay on for faction to be competitive or have diversity.

Learn to read I just wrote 2 RM before LT tech is standard.

UKF and OKW need to build 3 mainline infantry units too. Making USF OP just for diversity is a retarded idea. Especially because of how many units USF have on their hands doctrinally. Not sure why you pretend doctrines don't exist. Doctrines are just what you use for diversity.
30 Sep 2019, 14:05 PM

3 rifles is still the way to go before tech tho. I would suggest to reduce the cost of both lt and cpt to 200mp 30fu and the reesearch time from 70 to 40 sec. Then add the extra time and fuel cost to the platoon and company post upgrade (from 20fu and 20 sec to 25 fu and 50-60 sec).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★