Login

russian armor

Brummbar too potent against mediums

29 Sep 2019, 03:00 AM

mini isu 152 non doctrinal. ultimate manpower killer. bangs atguns all inf. shoots over shit easily. squad wipes and makes units have to retreat within seconds of encounter and still penetrates most allies tank like butter. and trying to dodge those shots are laughable unless your reversing already far. its to potent

BUT BUT BUT the Churchill is too good against AT guns!
29 Sep 2019, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 03:00 AMCODGUY

BUT BUT BUT the Churchill is too good against AT guns!

The churchill is a separate issue and yes it was too good against AT guns.

That said, the brummbar could definitely stand to have the penetration of its main gun reduced. Something like 90/60/30 (roughly similar to ISU) would be alright. I don't see why the brummbar should be able to offer the kind of support it's currently capable of against mediums. And even with reduced penetration, it still would have the deflection damage maintaining some consistent dps albeit reduced against tanks.
29 Sep 2019, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 07:54 AMSerrith

The churchill is a separate issue and yes it was too good against AT guns.

That said, the brummbar could definitely stand to have the penetration of its main gun reduced. Something like 90/60/30 (roughly similar to ISU) would be alright. I don't see why the brummbar should be able to offer the kind of support it's currently capable of against mediums. And even with reduced penetration, it still would have the deflection damage maintaining some consistent dps albeit reduced against tanks.

The ISU analogy is completely of the mark. Brumbar does not have AP rounds nor does it out-range most stock TDs by 20, it is actually out-ranged by most stock TDs by 25.

I one is looking for super heavy analogy closet thing is probably the KV-2 in tank mod and that has Weapon penetration of 170/150/140 and 120 deflection damage.
29 Sep 2019, 08:57 AM

Leave the Brummbär alone. It already got nerfed hard often enough
29 Sep 2019, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 03:32 AMrqd
It is strange that a non-doc heavy tank which excels at killing infantry has better penertration stats than a t-34-76. Is it intended? I mean, doctrinal 105 Sherman has only 35 pen.

If your tanks get killed by a brummbar you need to L2P this game.
29 Sep 2019, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If your tanks get killed by a brummbar you need to L2P this game.

That is a bad argument.
In a tank battle where it's sometimes just better to sit and exchange blows, a Brummbär should not be able to keep your medium moving and force reduced accuracy that way.
But the more realistic scenario is that a Brummbär could engage snared mediums and pen with at least 2/3 chance.
29 Sep 2019, 09:48 AM

That is a bad argument.
In a tank battle where it's sometimes just better to sit and exchange blows, a Brummbär should not be able to keep your medium moving and force reduced accuracy that way.
But the more realistic scenario is that a Brummbär could engage snared mediums and pen with at least 2/3 chance.

I do not see the problem of allied stock mediums have a not so tough time vs Brumbar when PzIV will lose to Churchill and Kv-1 even if it manages to flank them.
29 Sep 2019, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 09:48 AMVipper

I do not see the problem of allied stock mediums have a not so tough time vs Brumbar when PzIV is lose to Churchill and Kv-2 even if it manages to flank them.

Could you please rephrase it because I'm not sure what you mean. Also I don't see what P4, KV2 and Churchill have to do in this discussion since they are completely different units with different purpose.
29 Sep 2019, 10:18 AM

Could you please rephrase it because I'm not sure what you mean. Also I don't see what P4, KV2 and Churchill have to do in this discussion since they are completely different units with different purpose.

Brumbar is an heavy assault gun and it server a similar purpose with infatry support tanks(like Churchill/KV-1). It spear heads attacks vs fortified positions.

PzIV will a much harder time dealing with Kv-1 and Churchill than 34/76,Sherman,Cromwell has to deal with Brumbar while in worse cost ratio.

If one want to deal with a brumbar one can simply build a SU-85/M36 or a FF and snipe from the safety of 25 more range.

So I do not really the problem in allied stock mediums being a soft counter to Brumbar.
29 Sep 2019, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 10:18 AMVipper

Brumbar is an heavy assault gun and it server a similar purpose with infatry support tanks(like Churchill/KV-1). It spear heads attacks vs fortified positions.

PzIV will a much harder time dealing with Kv-1 and Churchill than 34/76,Sherman,Cromwell has to deal with Brumbar while in worse cost ratio.

If one want to deal with a brumbar one can simply build a SU-85/M36 or a FF and snipe from the safety of 25 more range.

So I do not really the problem in allied stock mediums being a soft counter to Brumbar.

Alright, then we assume very different roles for the Brummbär.
I see it as OSTs specialized anti infantry vehicle for the late game (as opposed to the AT specialized Panther), meant to burst down enemy key units (mostly AT gun or MG) in a few shots before withdrawing. I don't think that it's sturdy enough to keep fighting. The Brummbär has enough durability to frontally charge the enemy and get a couple of shots off, but that's it. KV-1 and Churchill are meant to soak damage and shield the real damage dealers in the backline while dealing damage more over time to infantry and medium tanks.
I don't think that the comparison to a P4/KV-1 matchup is fair, since KV-1 is an allrounder. Brummbär is definetely an AI vehicle.
29 Sep 2019, 10:53 AM

Alright, then we assume very different roles for the Brummbär.
I see it as OSTs specialized anti infantry vehicle for the late game (as opposed to the AT specialized Panther), meant to burst down enemy key units (mostly AT gun or MG) in a few shots before withdrawing. I don't think that it's sturdy enough to keep fighting. The Brummbär has enough durability to frontally charge the enemy and get a couple of shots off, but that's it. KV-1 and Churchill are meant to soak damage and shield the real damage dealers in the backline while dealing damage more over time to infantry and medium tanks.
I don't think that the comparison to a P4/KV-1 matchup is fair, since KV-1 is an allrounder. Brummbär is definetely an AI vehicle.

Brumbar actually is easy pray to allied TDs that have very high chance to this and penetrate even from range 60. So no it actually does not have enough durability to "frontally charge and fire 2 shots".

And Again I would rather face a brumbar with any allied medium than a Churchill/KV-2 with PzIV.

Brumbar is expensive with high tech cost and comes late. Any more nerf and the units will simply not be cost efficient. People will simply built wefer instead.
rqd
29 Sep 2019, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 10:53 AMVipper

Any more nerf and the units will simply not be cost efficient. People will simply built wefer instead.

I bet that if brummbar main gun penertration nerfed to 90/60/30 and cost of fuel decreased by 5 there will be even more people building it. Afer all it is still very effective vs inf. and weapon teams.
29 Sep 2019, 11:53 AM

Yes beside the 60 td, you cannot charge forward with brumbar. 99% of time when you move and shoot it, the shot will land right in front of it. It is basically useless on the move

Not sure is intended or a bug with its projectile gun. It is counted as fired before it moves, hence the drastically reduced range
29 Sep 2019, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 11:18 AMrqd

I bet that if brummbar main gun penertration nerfed to 90/60/30 and cost of fuel decreased by 5 there will be even more people building it. Afer all it is still very effective vs inf. and weapon teams.

What logic is this?
Major stats reduction for 5 fuel less? And people will use it more?
Same logic as jackson balance nerf of 5 fuel? Same thing as buffing maxim so people will spam less?

Besides why is your med tank getting hit by brumbar?

I think brumbar can be more effective against allies blob. Right now i enjoy using ostwind more. Brumbar rng aoe and slowness make it more susceptible to 60 td.
rqd
29 Sep 2019, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 11:57 AMmrgame2

I think brumbar can be more effective against allies blob. Right now i enjoy using ostwind more. Brumbar rng aoe and slowness make it more susceptible to 60 td.

You should try holding fire and use attack ground instead of auto fire, it can be really rewarding. Need a lot micro though.

That kind of nerf is acceptable because no one gets a brummbar to fight mediums. Brummbar is performing the same role as soviet kv8, it doesn't need to have some penertration like this. Now it has good chance taking down snared mediums and that seems confusing to me.

I do think after they nerfed the range and armour of brummbar, it should at least have 960 hp like panther. But no better penertration than t-34, the deflection damage is enough to let grens to snare the flanking medium.
29 Sep 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 15:28 PMrqd

You should try holding fire and use attack ground instead of auto fire, it can be really rewarding. Need a lot micro though.

That kind of nerf is acceptable because no one gets a brummbar to fight mediums. Brummbar is performing the same role as soviet kv8, it doesn't need to have some penertration like this. Now it has good chance taking down snared mediums and that seems confusing to me.

I do think after they nerfed the range and armour of brummbar, it should at least have 960 hp like panther. But no better penertration than t-34, the deflection damage is enough to let grens to snare the flanking medium.

Kv-8 actually has an AT gun and gun beat a PzIV:

KV-8
-45mm penetration from 50/50/50 to 140/80/60
-45mm AOE from 2.5 to 0.5
-45mm AOE distance from 0.625/0.9375/1.25 to 0.15/0.2/0.25
rqd
29 Sep 2019, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 15:59 PMVipper

Kv-8 actually has an AT gun and gun beat a PzIV:

KV-8
-45mm penetration from 50/50/50 to 140/80/60
-45mm AOE from 2.5 to 0.5
-45mm AOE distance from 0.625/0.9375/1.25 to 0.15/0.2/0.25

This gun...no it won't damage p4 unless they run into each other... it is effective against lights but not a panzer 4...
29 Sep 2019, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 16:06 PMrqd

This gun...no it won't damage p4 unless they run into each other... it is effective against lights but not a panzer 4...

Well, its effective against "ullumulu manouver", but that's just using R key instead of A when engaging armor.
29 Sep 2019, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 16:06 PMrqd

That is an inaccurate claim

Problem is PzIV can damage KV-8 either

Chance of penetration
PzIV vs KV 8 42%
KV-8 vs PzIV 33%
less than 10% more chances to penetrate.

given that KV-8 has 960 vs 640 the KV-8 can beat the PzIV even at max range. You can actually test is cheat MOD.
29 Sep 2019, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 16:32 PMVipper

That is an inaccurate claim

Problem is PzIV can damage KV-8 either

Chance of penetration
PzIV vs KV 8 42%
KV-8 vs PzIV 33%
less than 10% more chances to penetrate.

given that KV-8 has 960 vs 640 the KV-8 can beat the PzIV even at max range. You can actually test is cheat MOD.

How much damage KV-8 cannon deals again?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★