Login

russian armor

Relief Infantry and Rapid Consription need rework?

16 Sep 2019, 21:18 PM

60 munitions - reinforce and repair times reduced and infantry sprint while out of combat. 30s duration

Oh jeez I know it's self indulgent to theory craft on what could replace these abilities but what if we had it as a toggle-able ability like what it used to be like for the OKW?

As in, another way for this to work is by having this ability reduce manpower cost to reinforce, but so long as it is active, it will reduce income of other resources. Maybe -2 fuel and - 5 ammo per tick?
16 Sep 2019, 21:46 PM

IMHO it better make that ability give discount to reinforce your troops that was damaged when ability is on and highly speedup time of reinforce. It will give player some "free" MP due to discount and possibility to faster return squads into battle.
16 Sep 2019, 22:01 PM

This should be default since the DLC factions get their own kinds of benefits in
USF tech and provides a unit free
, OKW late game KT
and UKF Sim City Bofors and emplacements etc.

SU and WEHR should have something as a stand out unit, ability or for teching too. Just an idea and I will suggest it.

Maybe SU can benefit from having 4 SVT as upgrade available T0 for Conscripts though it may require you to research one nade tech in order to unlock it, Penals can have a PPSH upgrade for more AI optional, Cons can be combined with 7 man with weapon upgrade T3 or T4.

WEHR can benefit with Gren having an additional optional weapon purchase, the 2 G43 or 1 G43 Sniper Rifle like JLI. Available only when you get BP2. Pzgrens have by default optional upgrade to G43.

Would definitely make them distinctive from the rest
19 Sep 2019, 22:26 PM

My thought on the useless abilities of Relief Infantry and Rapid Conscription have not changed so I will repost those:

''Rapid Conscription goes against game design of keeping units alive and me and my friends rarely use it. I also never see it used in pro games. I think can be replaced with various abilities depending on the commander. For example: For Mother Russia, Weapon Crate Drop, Commissar squad or maybe a custom ability where you trade muni for Manpower. The possibilities are endless since at lot of different abilities could be argued to fit the commanders.''

''Relief Infantry is a ability that goes against game design of keeping units alive and I never see used. Can be replaced with a variety of abilities like Osttruppen Squad, Ostruppen Reserves, Assault Grenadiers or Veteran Squad Leaders.''

If feel it's best to swap abilities. This is a fast way to get commanders competitive into the meta again without having abilities that need months of testing and might be OP and destroy the balance that we are so close to achieving or UP and basically be wasted time.
19 Sep 2019, 22:28 PM

I like the concept of these abilities, but I don't think that they fit very well into the current game.
I would prefer an easy solution by replacing it with direct call ins of Osttruppen and AT Conscripts/Partisans (AT or SMG), respectively.
Vippers idea is interesting but might cause too many issues regarding exploits, balance and bugs.

+1
19 Sep 2019, 22:40 PM

I would prefer them as a 150 muni activated ability which allows you to reinforce squads at 75% of the original cost for 5-7 minutes.
19 Sep 2019, 22:51 PM

I'm not a fan of Relief Infantry either. I've never felt the pressing need to get vet 0 Osttruppen at 6 CP before an attack where I'd expect to lose around 15 models (that's 5 gren squads brought down to 1 men..)

Maybe replace it with For The Fatherland from OKW's Overwatch? Also not used that much, while it's actually a solid ability.

Otherwise reduce the CP requirement for both abilities to 4 and for Relief Infantry, lower the price to 70 munitions and limit the maximum number of Osttruppen replacements to 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★