Login

russian armor

OKW LEIG needs a nerf.

14 Sep 2019, 03:20 AM

Since the Bofors delete I'm not sure this unit's past buffs serve a purpose anymore. Damage and scatter should be brought down to a more sane level. I know the baby faction likes to have the fancy toys at discount prices but the whole point of the LEIG buffs was to deal with emplacements, the Bofors in particular.
14 Sep 2019, 03:40 AM

Literally complain that a set and forget, cheap 360 degree Supression/ai/light AT building that shoots down planes and can barrage targets, tank an entire sturmtiger rocket and still fight but can ALSO reduce incoming damage by 75%for a duration is too trash while saying other faction has fancy toys at low prices....
Do literally anything at all to support your bofors and it does work. It's an emplacement, it fortifies an area. It has to have a fucking counter. That counter is an immobile indirect unit plinking away.... Attack it! Counter attack, PUSH. this game isn't SUPPOSED to be tower defense. Don't whine when the enemy doesn't let you sit there and dig in to your hearts content. Even the fucking bots will take measures to counter you when you dig in for Christ's sake. The days of building sim city then making a meal until you have enough fuel to spam tanks is over. Emplacements are entirely optional PART of your army that are situational.

You can use a bofors to ensure your enemy needs to attack a flank with force to get through
You can't just plop it on the front and expect it to hold back the enemy like Rambo or something.
14 Sep 2019, 03:46 AM

Literally complain that a set and forget, cheap 360 degree Supression/ai/light AT building that shoots down planes and can barrage targets, tank an entire sturmtiger rocket and still fight but can ALSO reduce incoming damage by 75%for a duration is too trash while saying other faction has fancy toys at low prices....
Do literally anything at all to support your bofors and it does work. It's an emplacement, it fortifies an area. It has to have a fucking counter. That counter is an immobile indirect unit plinking away.... Attack it! Counter attack, PUSH. this game isn't SUPPOSED to be tower defense. Don't whine when the enemy doesn't let you sit there and dig in to your hearts content. Even the fucking bots will take measures to counter you when you dig in for Christ's sake. The days of building sim city then making a meal until you have enough fuel to spam tanks is over. Emplacements are entirely optional PART of your army that are situational.

You can use a bofors to ensure your enemy needs to attack a flank with force to get through
You can't just plop it on the front and expect it to hold back the enemy like Rambo or something.

You can rush the Bofors and burn it down with Volksgrens now, it's not hard, hell even before you could just shoot it with AT guns or Raketenwerfers. I rarely even built it before but now rarely is going to be never. It could at least be good at shooting down planes but it can't even do that (never could really).
14 Sep 2019, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 03:46 AMCODGUY

You can rush the Bofors and burn it down with Volksgrens now, it's not hard, hell even before you could just shoot it with AT guns or Raketenwerfers. I rarely even built it before but now rarely is going to be never. It could at least be good at shooting down planes but it can't even do that (never could really).

Try putting something between your bofors and the enemy it's there to help your army not be it.
A vickers, some Tommies... If the enemy is walking right up to your emplacements unopposed what you need for it to be "good" is not something that is balanced or fun. If the enemy is just plinking away with raks DO SOMETHING about it. It's got more health than a tank, it doesn't just disappear in a blink.
14 Sep 2019, 05:45 AM

The entire forum, except maybe Katitof (even he has his limits) is sick and tired of you.

That isn't my problem.

So anyway, I know the LEIG is not quite as good as the Pack Howitzer but it's pretty close, cheaper and spamable.
14 Sep 2019, 07:05 AM

Okw just keeps getting hammered with nerfs. I dont like them as faction but this is grtting a bit ridiculous. Leig is fine as it is. Its from powerlevel perspective just a mortar with more reach and scaling thanks to 5 vet but is more expensive as well
14 Sep 2019, 07:09 AM

The leig is a literal rockthrower. The pack howitzer is better in litterially every way, which is why i prefer to capture a pack rather than getting a leig.

I only buy the leig if i have to deal with emplacements.
14 Sep 2019, 07:32 AM

Leig is the only inderect-fire unit for whole OKW army exept 145fu 480mp stukazufuss AND is one of three reliable counters to BOFOR (other two is off-map smoke+lavanade and raketen from outside the range).

And that guy is trying to get it nerfed into oblivion.

THATS WHAT I CALL A PRO-GAMER MOVE
14 Sep 2019, 07:47 AM

Yeah I think the problems lie with its spammability. Allies really dont have anything to deal with them effectively like a stuka or werfer. Any allies indirect fire is very random. Katty scater is very bad, pack howies are expensive and painfully slow. UKF have literally no counter. Only the bad land matress. US have calliope and priest, but its an expensive counter. You can wipe 5 and 5 will come back. I think to address its problem its that it need to hit the field from the border. Being deployed from the medic building adds to its spammability. The closer its to the front adds to the frustration. In opposition to a pack howi. You kill one and the player has to drag another one from across the map.
14 Sep 2019, 08:11 AM

UKF have literally no counter. Only the bad land matress. US have calliope and priest, but its an expensive counter.

*laughs in counter-battery fire, mortar pits, infiltration commandos for UKF and t0 mortars USF*

All it does to counter LEiG for brits is just a little bit more micro for your mortar pits, cause it does outrange all german counterparts (now you can even tear them down to relocate).

As Armadillo already said, do not let it just sit there and melt your emplacements away, counter-attack it with infantry, tanks, offmaps, whathever you have at your disposal. Zero input on defence means zero input on attack.

I might be a little bit obvious to brit gameplay, cause still do not bought them, but i did played a lot versus them, so no offense here.

But I would like to agree with deployment of LEiGs from medtruck. It really does make it so much faster to produce and put it into work than pakhowie, so i would trade it for *simular* performance and off-border deploy.
14 Sep 2019, 08:31 AM

Okw leig is a more expensive Soviet mortar
14 Sep 2019, 09:01 AM

I play with my mate, he play USF, get 1-2 mortar early then go captain and have pack howi to counter axis indirect spam, i built bofor, AT and upgun tommy to protec him from blob until he have his own upgun rifleman/ranger. We sort it out most of the time.
14 Sep 2019, 12:48 PM

Try use smoke barrage and flamenade spam ?
Did you know bofos have "Attack Ground" mode.

14 Sep 2019, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 05:45 AMCODGUY

So anyway, I know the LEIG is not quite as good as the Pack Howitzer but it's pretty close, cheaper and spamable.

What?! The pak Howy is waaayy better than leig, it's not even close

You have to be a special level of biased to think otherwise. The pak Howy auto attack is stronger, and it's utility is also better with it's barrage abilities
14 Sep 2019, 15:51 PM

*laughs in counter-battery fire, mortar pits, infiltration commandos for UKF and t0 mortars USF*

All it does to counter LEiG for brits is just a little bit more micro for your mortar pits, cause it does outrange all german counterparts (now you can even tear them down to relocate).

As Armadillo already said, do not let it just sit there and melt your emplacements away, counter-attack it with infantry, tanks, offmaps, whathever you have at your disposal. Zero input on defence means zero input on attack.

I might be a little bit obvious to brit gameplay, cause still do not bought them, but i did played a lot versus them, so no offense here.

But I would like to agree with deployment of LEiGs from medtruck. It really does make it so much faster to produce and put it into work than pakhowie, so i would trade it for *simular* performance and off-border deploy.

counter battery come with 1 commander and all the play stile of this commander turn around emplacement, infiltration commando are super crap since they spawn as 3 instead of 5 gamon is on cd like any other infiltration unit and need a building to spawn close to them also you have 90% chance that the leig spam just live around the flaktruck so you need a either arty or a tank to stop them. for mortar pit you will give all hope to rng that the pit will kill the leig fast because since mortar pit dont move he will get it 99% of the time if the opponent know that spliting is 2 leig make him sure that he always hit the ukf emplacement
14 Sep 2019, 16:03 PM

I trust codguy, he’a an okw expert up there at level 4.
14 Sep 2019, 16:29 PM

I think LEIG's are mostly okay as they are. The only start to get abusive when it's double LEIG plus a IR halftrack. They're OKW's only counter to mortar spam or mortar pits. They're not that great against dynamic opponents. I've had several matches since the patch where I've faced up to four mortars or two Soviet mortars and two mortar pits. Your only counter to that is LEIG's unless you want to delay armor by 3-5 minutes.

Even with double LEIG and the IR halftrack, the problem is more the IR halftrack than the LEIG's. It's banned for good reason in all tournaments.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS