Login

russian armor

Rebalance The Stuart?

24 Aug 2019, 12:24 PM

The Stuart's one of those units Relic kept tuning up and down, oscillating between total trash and levels of generalist overpoweredness that made even the T-70 look a bit meh.

It's current state is, in a word, servicable. It's a okay light vehicle hunter with unimpressive but functional anti-infantry capability. It does the anti-vehicle damage of a T-70, but its high armour keeps it fairly safe from P2s and 222s. Its abilities are awkward, but it doesn't need them to do its job.

However, its scaling is terrible, and its current niche (halfway between an AEC and a T-70) just isn't that useful. You'd never build it if you had a choice between those three units.

Seeings as we're doing a full balance patch with a pretty open scope, could the Balance Team take a look at it? Maybe sidegrade it into something a little more useful?
24 Aug 2019, 13:00 PM

it's better in the at then the t 70 tho, u forget t 70 has 40 damage not 80

leaving aside u are comparing to the most overpowered LT of the game right now
24 Aug 2019, 13:06 PM

I'm mostly comparing to the AEC. I'm not suggesting turning the Stuart into another T-70.
24 Aug 2019, 13:10 PM

if i can make a sugestion:

remove the nerf to AI damage for main gun, reduce the penetration by a lot

then add an upgrade for it to have AEC gun profile
25 Aug 2019, 07:14 AM

Yeah, the stuart has a major scaling problem and lacks utility to makeup for its lackluster late game combat abilities.

Any changes though need to keep the Stuart's power roughly the same on arrival as now to prevent it from being too strong.
25 Aug 2019, 07:20 AM

I think the blinding shot could be changed to the canister shot from the m8, but it blinds if it hits a vehicle.

Another thing would be to give it overdrive at vet 2/3, so in late game it can overdrive and PBE shot mediums
Or, we could buff it’s hull MG to increase it’a AI damage, without making it a terminator (like the t34)
25 Aug 2019, 07:30 AM

Some better vet or abilities for scouting/spotting might be nice, and let it transition better into the lategame. It already gets sight range, but that could always be improved a bit, and/or an ability like infantry/vehicle awareness added. Maybe a target size reduction on vet as well, to marginally improve survivability.

I actually overall like the Stuart as it is, and probably wouldn't touch the main gun, although I do like the idea of buffing its MG dps a little bit to make it more consistent versus infantry.
25 Aug 2019, 14:38 PM

no need change
25 Aug 2019, 18:05 PM

what fucking game you guys play? Stuart is better than T70 in all regards, it does great damage to vehicles, it's way less of a RNG roulette vs infantry and now that ostwind is a thing again, the stuart can actually soft counter it.

not to mention the 2 very good abilities it has, nothing like flanking a tiger or elefant and destroying their engine
25 Aug 2019, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2019, 18:05 PMzerocoh
what fucking game you guys play? Stuart is better than T70 in all regards, it does great damage to vehicles, it's way less of a RNG roulette vs infantry

You're trolling right?

T70 is WAY more consistent against infantry than Stuart. Like it's not even close
25 Aug 2019, 19:53 PM

You can beat a 221,2,3, the luchs, any halftrack. The t70 also counters those units but is good vs infantry.

Stuart sacrifices AI but doesn't perform against any bigger units for being slightly better against those light vehicles. It doesn't really crush any of the above units particularly hard though.

It would be nice if the stuart was more useful vs mediums to help it scale so it can be more useful. I think people are chosing the greyhound over stuart b/c it is cheaper and does almost the same thing
25 Aug 2019, 21:06 PM

How about a slight rate of fire buff to help it win more decisively against the light vehicles it’s supposed to counter?

I like the idea of buffing the MGs it has too.

Only one though, both might be too much.

You could also give it a health buff, allowing it to survive better against mediums and the puma. That would also fit its niche as being the most “tanky” of the light vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
United Kingdom 165
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %