Login

russian armor

USF AT grenades

23 Aug 2019, 11:31 AM

Why are they so bad? Axis players have no fear of rushing tanks. It seems that the crit rate is miniscule
23 Aug 2019, 11:43 AM

Crit rate is the same on all snares. The tank must be below 75% health once the damage of the snare is applied. No imba here mate
23 Aug 2019, 11:51 AM

Crit rate is the same on all snares. The tank must be below 75% health once the damage of the snare is applied. No imba here mate

Maybe it just feels like it because axis tanks have armour so high you will struggle to get it under that without an m36
23 Aug 2019, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 11:51 AMZugZug

Maybe it just feels like it because axis tanks have armour so high you will struggle to get it under that without an m36

Its irrelevant, armor or not, vs full health med, you need 2 nades/fausts.
23 Aug 2019, 15:30 PM

Mostly this - in addition, snares have a penetration value and might not penetrate front armor (IS2, JT, Ele, etc)
23 Aug 2019, 16:55 PM

The problem is not the crit rate. AT rifle grenades takes years to launch, (OKW Fusilers also suffered), and most Axis tanks get blitz after vet1 making the situation even worse. So in many cases, when this grenades hit the tank and crit the engine, that tank may well have drived miles away and leave the dead zone.
However, I don't think its a big issue because Jackson is the most efficient mobile TD.
23 Aug 2019, 16:59 PM

At the time USF and OKW came out I think they were trying to move away from very strong snares that Grens and Cons were using to slow down every vehicle in game. It made some sense to give rifles a longer animation and lower damage at snare, volks had no faust at the time.

Since that time snares have been nerfed to the 75% threshold, but USF still has very good handheld at in bazookas to compensate (especially on rangers)

ALso they have the benefit of not being bugged to miss ~5% of the time like fausts :snfQuinn:
23 Aug 2019, 17:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem is not the crit rate. AT rifle grenades takes years to launch, (OKW Fusilers also suffered), and most Axis tanks get blitz after vet1 making the situation even worse. So in many cases, when this grenades hit the tank and crit the engine, that tank may well have drived miles away and leave the dead zone.
However, I don't think its a big issue because Jackson is the most efficient mobile TD.

+1 on this. Riflemen AT nade could use an animation speed buff. I regularly check if the animation has bugged out or if it is still running after activating it.
Just two days ago I tried to snare a standing P4 when my Rifles where really next to the tank. The P4 was almost in the fog of war when it got snared.
It also puts your Rifles at risk since they need to stand still for so long
23 Aug 2019, 17:14 PM

+1 on this. Riflemen AT nade could use an animation speed buff. I regularly check if the animation has bugged out or if it is still running after activating it.
Just two days ago I tried to snare a standing P4 when my Rifles where really next to the tank. The P4 was almost in the fog of war when it got snared.

the molitov of snares...
23 Aug 2019, 17:14 PM

The long wait does lead to some strange animations - like the AT nade appearing as a guided missile that hits at a really long distance, and often not hitting until the target tank has backed up enough that it doesn't have to worry about AT guns.
23 Aug 2019, 17:16 PM

i don't understand why it takes so long tho

wouldn't it just be easier to copy the Soviet at nades and be done with it ? they are pretty responsive
23 Aug 2019, 17:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the molitov of snares...

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 17:14 PMGrumpy

The long wait does lead to some strange animations - like the AT nade appearing as a guided missile that hits at a really long distance, and often not hitting until the target tank has backed up enough that it doesn't have to worry about AT guns.

I think the problem also amplifies itself. The long animation means that the model shooting the AT rifle grenade is more likely to get killed in the meantime, which restarts the animation.
The P4 does have decent AI capability, especially with the pintle MG, so killing 2-3 models of a 5 man Riflemen squad is not that unlikely if there is a little bit infantry support.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★