Login

russian armor

OKW art flares at least should get an indicator in minimap

19 Aug 2019, 16:16 PM

If it remain uncoutable, one click anywhere, it should at least have a clear warning. This ability may be the most annoying thing in team game.
19 Aug 2019, 16:28 PM

How many posts are you going to make about thid topic? Imo easier way to balance it is to limit area it reveals and increase its cooldown so in teamgame you cant just spam it if you hoard a bunch of munitions.
19 Aug 2019, 18:35 PM

How many posts are you going to make about thid topic? Imo easier way to balance it is to limit area it reveals and increase its cooldown so in teamgame you cant just spam it if you hoard a bunch of munitions.

post again in hope of current patch will include this.
19 Aug 2019, 21:01 PM

Infiltration nades cost 5mu more (to be in line with cost) and the command panther is tied to tech like all heavies so the uncounterable recon is fine now. At least that's what I've been told
20 Aug 2019, 02:54 AM

It's silly to have this and an IR Halftrack built in. They should remove it and replace with the HT and add a different ability.
20 Aug 2019, 04:48 AM

Infiltration nades cost 5mu more (to be in line with cost) and the command panther is tied to tech like all heavies so the uncounterable recon is fine now. At least that's what I've been told

Lol at least only some of cheese will still be there

Can we also just talk about how silly it is that flares provide vision, for all factions? Especially when almost all of the maps are daytime?

I know i know, realism shmealism, but in this case its almost an indicator of why the ability is dumb
20 Aug 2019, 14:03 PM

just copy pasta the british one (front line territories only) and rename it "assault flare"
20 Aug 2019, 15:28 PM

How many years will it take for balance team to figure out that ability is absolutely broken in teamgames and makes static howitzers pointless waste of resources?
But hey, at least infiltration grenades cost 5 more munitions now.
20 Aug 2019, 16:04 PM

Can we also just talk about how silly it is that flares provide vision, for all factions? Especially when almost all of the maps are daytime?

I know i know, realism shmealism, but in this case its almost an indicator of why the ability is dumb

I think I would rather more prevalent grenade ability that has an animation and can be moved away from that an unchanged uncounterable recon as a means to fix the commander. As lists of things that Ive picked the commander wouldn't even have infiltration nades on the list. A no tech panther and easy recon the enemy can't do anything about however always were... In my team games its ALWAY on my card because of the flares and will remain there until such a time that it's balanced.
20 Aug 2019, 16:14 PM

I think I would rather more prevalent grenade ability that has an animation and can be moved away from that an unchanged uncounterable recon as a means to fix the commander. As lists of things that Ive picked the commander wouldn't even have infiltration nades on the list.

Yeah very much agreed. Flares should've been a priority
20 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

FLares should work exactly like riflemen flares, have to be used from volks. Def something needs changed tho legit map hacks all day every team game, howitzers useless, suprise attacks/ flanking manuevers useless. USF/brit fwd retreats useless. list goes on been broken forever.
20 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

The lamest thing is how easy of a fix it is. Make it a flare ability for infantry like rocket just suggested, or just swap it out entirely for a recon loiter. It's really simple

The only rationale i can imagine for keeping it is the "uniqueness" for lack of a better word. And choosing that over fair play is so stupid
20 Aug 2019, 20:43 PM

just copy pasta the british one (front line territories only) and rename it "assault flare"

^

Then we see which ability is more balanced. :snfPeter:
20 Aug 2019, 20:48 PM

you guys over exaggerating as usual. Making it seem like this thing can decide games and somehow magically destroy howitzers , if the flare which is one fkin doctrine btw, came with arty then it would be OP, but it doesn't. Yes maybe in coordinated teams it will seem OP but so does many other abilities and units seem OP in coordinated team games.

All factions have shared vision, regardless of unit or ability
20 Aug 2019, 20:49 PM

The lamest thing is how easy of a fix it is. Make it a flare ability for infantry like rocket just suggested, or just swap it out entirely for a recon loiter. It's really simple

The only rationale i can imagine for keeping it is the "uniqueness" for lack of a better word. And choosing that over fair play is so stupid

OK that SEEMS simple, but what if we increase the cost of radio silence by 5-10mu and fix it that way?
20 Aug 2019, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 20:48 PMAlphrum

All factions have shared vision, regardless of unit or ability

You completely missed the point, I wasn't talking about "shared vision" at all. You could not have read that more incorrectly

I said all flares are dumb, for all factions. If i fire a flare in real life, can that flare radio me and tell me the position of my enemies? No. That was my point. Idk what the hell you're talking about

Also no one is exaggerating, the ability is a complete joke. Cant imagine how anyone could defend it. Explain why it should be uncounterable, i would love to see you try
21 Aug 2019, 00:05 AM

You completely missed the point, I wasn't talking about "shared vision" at all. You could not have read that more incorrectly

I said all flares are dumb, for all factions. If i fire a flare in real life, can that flare radio me and tell me the position of my enemies? No. That was my point. Idk what the hell you're talking about

Also no one is exaggerating, the ability is a complete joke. Cant imagine how anyone could defend it. Explain why it should be uncounterable, i would love to see you try

This whole topic is about OKW flares so ofc i would assume you'd be talking about. yeah Ok, i misunderstood no need to cry like a little wus.

Calling this ability a "complete joke" or other people have said "absolutely broken" is a definition of a exaggeration. People making it seem like its some ground breaking ability which its not. Did i say it should be uncounterable? stop putting words in my mouth, right now ther are more pressing issues that needs to be balanced, maybe in the future if they start looking at rebalancing recon options for OKW (like flares, IR half track etc.) it will be dealt then, together. Not picking and choosing what you like and don't like about OKW.
21 Aug 2019, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 00:05 AMAlphrum

Calling this ability a "complete joke" or other people have said "absolutely broken" is a definition of a exaggeration. People making it seem like its some ground breaking ability which its not. Did i say it should be uncounterable? stop putting words in my mouth, right now ther are more pressing issues that needs to be balanced, maybe in the future if they start looking at rebalancing recon options for OKW (like flares, IR half track etc.) it will be dealt then, together. Not picking and choosing what you like and don't like about OKW.

No one is crying. It would take 2 seconds to fix, just swap it out for regular recon planes

Acting like it cant be touched because it takes so much effort to fix that it would take away from other changes is way more exaggeration than anyone else here is doing

Picking and choosing? Tons of ppl have said its OP for years, what are you talking about?
21 Aug 2019, 01:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 15:28 PMKirrik

How many years will it take for balance team to figure out that ability is absolutely broken in teamgames and makes static howitzers pointless waste of resources?
But hey, at least infiltration grenades cost 5 more munitions now.

Haha now nothing will be able to kill allied howitzers as Quad insta kills recon planes

GG ReKt
21 Aug 2019, 05:34 AM

No flare should give vision as easily as they do now. OKW is just the only one not bounded to any unit per se.
I dont agree with OP at all only because his complaints are framed as an allied player that wants axis toys. Also, this must be the nineth time he posts the same issue with OKW flares exclusively, the rest are just fine to him.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS