Login

russian armor

Heavy tanks range

ddd
17 Aug 2019, 17:06 PM

ADDITIONALLY the tiger having bonuses in doctrines =/= the Pershing bonuses in doctrines because it's possible to have the tiger without those bonuses while it's impossible to have the Pershing without the combined arms bonus being available. Every Pershing you have will have the ability to buff its ROF at the cost of munitions and thus is has to be taken into account.

HAHAHAH so now tiger having choice between bonuses is a disadventage? Self smoke or skill planes support is somehow less impactful than some minor stat bonuses for massive muni cost? I guess thats why everyone is complaining about skill planes and there is discussion about self smoke nerf going on in this forum.

But if there are really so many people thinking combined arms is OP then PLEASE lets switch it for skill planes just like soviet and ostheer have.
17 Aug 2019, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 16:59 PMddd
Your combined arms argument makes no sense. Its doctrinal ability, its one of the strenghts of that doctrine. IS2 gets skill planes support, tiger gets skill planes and smoke and other shit.

It's fine if you think anti infantry skillplanes or smoke are on the same level as an ability that puts the rate of fire of the vet 3 Pershing at -80%. I disagree. Also, the Pershing needed to have a crazy good gun because it had bad durability, and durability has now gone up, so it can lose some of the overbuffed stats on the gun.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 16:59 PMddd
Reliable AOE is NERF to pershing as it was wipe mashine before. Its buff to other heavies and nerf to pershing.

Have you even tried the mod? The Pershing is still a wipe machine with the new AOE.
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 17:16 PM

It's fine if you think anti infantry skillplanes or smoke are on the same level as an ability that puts the rate of fire of the vet 3 vehicle at -80%. I disagree. Also, the Pershing needed to have a crazy good gun because it had trash durability, and durability has now gone up, so it can lose some of the overbuffed stats on the gun.

The only thing i remember from pershing doc in tournaments is caster joking that someone remembered to use combined arms. How often does someone forget to use skill planes or self smoke? But im glad i finally met someone who thinks combined arms is a good ability, and even better than AT planes.

Its durability didnt go up, it was exchange of armor for HP. Better in some cases worse in other. Not a buff but adjustement.

Have you even tried the mod? The Pershing is still a wipe machine with the new AOE.

I tried the mode against AI. The one shot wipes are gone (which is good). Its a nerf to pershing.
17 Aug 2019, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 17:16 PMddd
The only thing i remember from pershing doc in tournaments is caster joking that someone remembered to use combined arms.

People don't use it because it has a reputation for being broken, and not stacking with veterancy bonusses. However, that was (stealth) fixed by Mr.Smith a few patches ago. It's a remarkably strong ability right now.

Its durability didnt go up, it was exchange of armor for HP. Better in some cases worse in other. Not a buff but adjustement.

I think more hitpoints in exchange for some armor is definitely a buff.

With the way armor and penetration works in this game, armor is not very reliable at all, and especially not the "medium-heavy" category of the 300s. The average anti-tank gun can penetrate (~66% chance) 5 times in a row or it can bounce 5 times in a row. There is so much RNG involved, it's almost impossible to make a sensible estimation on a situation.

Health however, is much more reliable. You know exactly in how many penetrating shots it can go down, that's a fact, there's no RNG that can change that. Now you know most shots will penetrate, but you know exactly how many the tank can take. This means it's much easier to judge chances and risks. The armor for health change was done for the Panthers about a year ago and it has made them much better to play both with and against, because there is now less RNG involved and it has made it generally much easier for either side to judge whether a push or a chase is worth it.

I would personally definitely count this as a net survivability buff. Especially for team games, where AT is usually concentrated and in abundance, and in which a higher health pool is a lot more useful.

I tried the mode against AI. The one shot wipes are gone (which is good). Its a nerf to pershing.

I don't think it's a nerf at all. It still (on average) kills clumped up squads in 2 shots. The rare oneshots are gone, but now it will hit more often and deal more damage against squads in the open.
17 Aug 2019, 17:26 PM

NO, YOU are the one that is bitching about 5 range and then pretending that 10 doesn't matter. 5 is negligible, 10is enough to play around.

Additionally YOU are the one that is pretending that range is the only thing that matters and ignoring the power the Pershing brings to bare. Pershing is the only heavy tank that can, for munitions, increase its ROF... It has lots of fantastic traits, brawling isn't one...
actually kat said 5 range is not enough
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 17:31 PM

People don't use it because it has a reputation for being broken, and not stacking with veterancy bonusses. However, that was (stealth) fixed by Mr.Smith a few patches ago.

To be honest i saw few top20 players using this ability even when they didnt have any vehicles near their infantry, its such a situational and badly designed ability that i cant see anyone taking it over skill planes or self smoke.

I think more hitpoints in exchange for armor is definitely a buff.

With the way armor and penetration works in this game, armor is not very reliable at all, and especially not the "medium-heavy" category of the 300s. The average anti-tank gun can penetrate (~66% chance) 5 times in a row or it can bounce 5 times in a row. There is so much RNG involved, it's almost impossible to make a sensible estimation on a situation.

Health however, is much more reliable. You know exactly in how many penetrating shots it can go down, that's a fact, there's no RNG that can change that. Now you know most shots will penetrate, but you know exactly how many the tank can take. This means it's much easier to judge chances and risks. The armor for health change was done for the Panthers about a year ago and it has made them much better to play both with and against, because there is now less RNG involved and it has made it generally much easier for either side to judge whether a push or a chase is worth it.

I would personally definitely count this as a net survivability buff. Especially for team games, where AT is usually concentrated and in abundance, and in which a higher health pool is a lot more useful.

Well you said it yourself. You may survive last shot thanks to more HP or you will eat every shot, because that 30 armor was all you needed to bounce, and pershing is dead. Its adjustement not straight buff.

I don't think it's a nerf at all. It still (on average) kills clumped up squads in 2 shots. The rare oneshots are gone, but now it will hit more often and deal more damage against squads in the open.

Its certainly a nerf in the case of pershing as one shot wipes was what this tank was all about. Pershing missing hits on infantry wasnt really a thing so this buff is pretty meaningless. It was a good change to make wipes less common but less wipe potential combined with slower reload is overkill without compensation. +5 range on vet2 is whats missing.
17 Aug 2019, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 17:31 PMddd
[Combined Arms] its such a situational and badly designed ability that i cant see anyone taking it over skill planes or self smoke.

Rofl requiring infantry and vehicles (just one of either will give the other massive buffs) in proximity of each other is a situational and badly designed ability? You never have infantry and tanks near each other? This is one of the best designed abilities in the game because its bonusses are really good but it actually requires more than 1 click to use it. I'm done arguing lol.
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 17:41 PM

Rofl having infantry and vehicles (just one of either will give the other massive buffs) in proximity of each other is a situational and badly designed ability? I'm done arguing lol.

If you think that ability which saw minimal use in any tournament or even automatch game (other than short period of machinegun shermans) is good and well designed then im starting to understand some of these changes. Units and abilities staying unused are apparently OK in your opinion. That also explains laughable changes to rifle company.

This is one of the best designed abilities in the game because its bonusses are really good but it actually requires more than 1 click to use it

You forgot that other factions and doctrines get 1 click abilities with way more impact than this garbo. Thats not called ballance when you have to perform some weird rituals with your units in exchange for minor effect when the other guy clicks one button and strafes your tank or makes all infantry on the map sprint. But its obvious spectating any game what abilitties see more use.
17 Aug 2019, 17:41 PM

Were panther dead when they removed 70 armor for 160 more hp ? And nerfed the vet ?
17 Aug 2019, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 17:41 PMddd
Thats not called ballance when you have to perform some weird rituals

Having infantry and tanks together is "weird rituals"? :rofl:
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 17:51 PM

Having infantry and tanks together is "weird rituals"? :rofl:

"Having together" is weird way to say blobbing. Blobbing infantry is pretty "normal" stuff in coh2, blobbing infantry together with tanks is retarded shit. Thats how "well" designed this ability is. Almost as well as good vs everything skill planes.
17 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 17:51 PMddd

"Having together" is weird way to say blobbing. Blobbing infantry is pretty "normal" stuff in coh2, blobbing infantry together with tanks is retarded shit. Thats how "well" designed this ability is. Almost as well as good vs everything skill planes.

So I guess this here sums up the issue. You think supporting your armour is bad and need a crutch unit to be able to get by. It actually makes an awful lot of sense now...
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 18:21 PM

So I guess this here sums up the issue. You think supporting your armour is bad and need a crutch unit to be able to get by. It actually makes an awful lot of sense now...

Pro gamer showed up to teach noobs how to play vidya games. Hows your rise to top10 going?
17 Aug 2019, 18:25 PM

Why not use the is2 instead. The pershing going to be dead vs anyone picking tigers. Tigers also have an insane firerate at vet 3
17 Aug 2019, 20:22 PM

People don't use it because it has a reputation for being broken, and not stacking with veterancy bonusses. However, that was (stealth) fixed by Mr.Smith a few patches ago. It's a remarkably strong ability right now.

I think more hitpoints in exchange for some armor is definitely a buff.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 457

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak