Login

russian armor

Infiltration troop changes and Infiltration Commandos

17 Aug 2019, 11:18 AM

I have to admit I really love nearly all off he core changes the september patch will bring, including the changes to infiltration troops in form of Falls and Partisans. But the worst of all infiltration units got left out: Infiltration Commandos.

In the beginning they came with 4 men (could be reinforced to 5) and were instantly lobbing around their mini bombs dealing way too much amonut of damage overall. To tone that down they were reduced to 3 men, now two man could be reinforced. Their grenades still made them viable. The general infiltration nerf setting all abilities on cooldown then took away their biggest shock value: 30 seconds to wait for that grenade with only 3 men behind enemy lines, seems to work out perfectly for me XD.

All of this is not the deal. The deal ist they still cost 370 MP. If you take into account that you'll have to reinforce two men for 70 MP, their real squad cost is 440 MP(!). Assuming you are loosing one or two men at their first fielding your quickly up to 500 MP. What a huge manpower drain!

I do think the simple change like fixing their cost or giving the additional possibility to build them as a five men squad for 350 MP at your base (that is the price for buildable commandos at the Vanguard glider) would make this commander way more interesting.
17 Aug 2019, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I also thought about that.
I think just reducing their MP cost is fine.
They're very cost effective vs OST nevertheless, because OST has problems to deal with close range camo units, OKW not so much. Absolutely no squad costs more than 400 MP anymore since Rangers (and much earlier Obersoldaten) got a reduction.

Something between 300-330 MP should be fine, so the total cost does not exceed 400 MP
17 Aug 2019, 17:05 PM

I think all infiltration units should be able to be built in base for a discount, but yes you make a good point about the commando price.
17 Aug 2019, 18:27 PM

I have to admit I really love nearly all off he core changes the september patch will bring, including the changes to infiltration troops in form of Falls and Partisans.

Well Falls are gonna suck harder. Note that here UTC GMT 19:27.

They really scraped the infiltration cheese but it was a thing that was not always that easy to pull of and it also carried a big risk for your men to die without accomplishing anything and draining your valuable manpower IMO.

For Infiltration Commandos, yes the cost is ridicilous.
17 Aug 2019, 18:31 PM

I also thought about that.
I think just reducing their MP cost is fine.
They're very cost effective vs OST nevertheless, because OST has problems to deal with close range camo units, OKW not so much. Absolutely no squad costs more than 400 MP anymore since Rangers (and much earlier Obersoldaten) got a reduction.

Something between 300-330 MP should be fine, so the total cost does not exceed 400 MP

+1

They're probably only so expensive still because of design oversight when they first got reduced to 3 men on spawn. I've been intermittently complaining about the issue for like a year now lol.

I'd like if they came as full squads with lee-enfields like stormtroopers though, and just give them a sort of lengthy free upgrade to their suppressed stens. That way they'd still have some use as infiltration troops beyond maybe trying to wipe snipers or 1 man retreating squads, but they'd take some thought and preparation to use.
17 Aug 2019, 23:08 PM

Makes sense to include them in the changes if they're adjusting falls and partisans.
18 Aug 2019, 10:40 AM

+1

They're probably only so expensive still because of design oversight when they first got reduced to 3 men on spawn. I've been intermittently complaining about the issue for like a year now lol.

I'd like if they came as full squads with lee-enfields like stormtroopers though, and just give them a sort of lengthy free upgrade to their suppressed stens. That way they'd still have some use as infiltration troops beyond maybe trying to wipe snipers or 1 man retreating squads, but they'd take some thought and preparation to use.

I really like this idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak