Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
17 Aug 2019, 19:46 PM

He says they are superb at moving around cloaked 2 at a time and hunting that lone tank and kill it in the blink of an eye. They however suck as a dedicated at gun as they are squishy.

The raketten werfer excels at cheese whilst failing at what it is supposed to do as a core at-gun unit lol...

+100

This so much lol.
17 Aug 2019, 22:01 PM

Falls are fine. They have incredible dps at all ranges, basically being Panzergrenadiers that also have good long range dps. There are however a few weaknesses you have to keep into consideration with them:

- Their DPS falls of quickly with each model that drops.
- They drop models fast because of their high RA and bad squad formation in the open.
- The damage they do is spread across the enemy squad, instead of focused on a few models.

These weaknesses means you have to always try to get them in an advantageous or supporting position, so you don't lose models, instead of using them like brawler or mainline units. This means sticking them behind cover, using camouflage, flanking with them, shielding them behind your other infantry or overwhelming the enemy with bigger numbers.

I would've personally preferred if they lowered their RA a bit and gave them 2-3 FG42's instead, but with a much better dps profile to compensate. This would've made Falls a lot easier to use. Instead, their DPS got increased, keeping the risk of using them the same, but increasing the reward.
17 Aug 2019, 22:03 PM

Only tried two games, both of which had "equal resources throughout the whole game" and as best as I can tell the teching split for okw tier3 doesn't matter much. If you're super behind on fuel, I guess you can get obers out sooner, but otherwise it seems that by the time the truck got into position + deployed I had enough fuel to activate panzer authorization.

18 Aug 2019, 00:45 AM

Falls are fine. They have incredible dps at all ranges, basically being Panzergrenadiers that also have good long range dps. There are however a few weaknesses you have to keep into consideration with them:

- Their DPS falls of quickly with each model that drops.
- They drop models fast because of their high RA and bad squad formation in the open.
- The damage they do is spread across the enemy squad, instead of focused on a few models.

These weaknesses means you have to always try to get them in an advantageous or supporting position, so you don't lose models, instead of using them like brawler or mainline units. This means sticking them behind cover, using camouflage, flanking with them, shielding them behind your other infantry or overwhelming the enemy with bigger numbers.

I would've personally preferred if they lowered their RA a bit and gave them 2-3 FG42's instead, but with a much better dps profile to compensate. This would've made Falls a lot easier to use. Instead, their DPS got increased, keeping the risk of using them the same, but increasing the reward.

I find it ridiculous that jaegers are tougher than falls. IMO it should be the other way around, since jaegers are supposed to be a support squad anyway. I would have personally also liked a lower falls RA too.
18 Aug 2019, 08:12 AM

- Falls feel worse than before. Shocks are OK at 2 CP but 4 FG Falls not? LMAO

- KT needs more AOE, wouldn`t say the main gun change made it any better. Veterancy requirements are still pretty high.

- Rak changes are too much. Just make it 5 men with camo only when stationary and be done with it.
18 Aug 2019, 08:23 AM

Raketenwerfer 43 is trash now.
It need more accuracy against light vehicles even in trade of pen as it could not well attack light vehciles now.
And if it could not retreat, it should have vet 0 camouflage.
Can remove retreat or vet 0 camouflage but not both.
18 Aug 2019, 08:43 AM

Falls are fine. They have incredible dps at all ranges, basically being Panzergrenadiers that also have good long range dps. There are however a few weaknesses you have to keep into consideration with them

PGren G43 has better DPS at almost all ranges and with their insane RA and vet RA PGrens are stupid strong compared to Falls. And it looks like with current changes Falls are gonna be a cheese unit with his current "First Strike Bonus" nothing else.
18 Aug 2019, 09:23 AM

Pfussies are superior to volks... its insensible for them to be priced 260mp when volks cost the same price...
18 Aug 2019, 09:25 AM

I would've personally preferred if they lowered their RA a bit and gave them 2-3 FG42's instead, but with a much better dps profile to compensate.

We tried concentrating DPS in 2 FG 42s like with IR STG 44s, and giving them really high damage bursts but longer cooldowns (which I thought was pretty cool). We've also tried making them more a close range ambush squad like Stormtroopers (to set them apart from Obers). Ultimately we decided to go with a more conservative approach for now. One of the problems is that Valiant Assault is in the same doctrine so there's the risk of overbuffing Falls with them becoming terminators when the ability is active (which is quite spammable in teamgames).
18 Aug 2019, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 09:23 AMgbem
Pfussies are superior to volks... its insensible for them to be priced 260mp when volks cost the same price...
pfusi have worse dps than volks , only at long range they do like 1% more damage , for 280 mp if u think rifle needed buff , it would make sense for pfusi too
18 Aug 2019, 10:00 AM

pfusi have worse dps than volks , only at long range they do like 1% more damage , for 280 mp if u think rifle needed buff , it would make sense for pfusi too

I didnt ask for rifle buffs... i was asking for nondoc incendiary for USF....

Worse dps per model but having 1 model extra.... smells like the grenadier/volks comparison dont you think???
18 Aug 2019, 10:01 AM

The tech change feels clunky and strange, I am not fully on board with that. But if they decide to do so I am ok with it.

The raketen change is flat out brain dead. Even with 5 crew that thing will get wiped out easily. Make it 60 range and buff its armor penetration if you really want it to be a "normal AT". 55 range + garbage penetration + not able to retreat will make this thing pretty much useless late game against long range TD or superheavies.
18 Aug 2019, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 10:00 AMgbem

I didnt ask for rifle buffs... i was asking for nondoc incendiary for USF....

Worse dps per model but having 1 model extra.... smells like the grenadier/volks comparison dont you think???
p fusi have 5 men.....
18 Aug 2019, 10:04 AM

- Tech change should be reverted or made possible to get Obers with LMG42 without the Panzer autorizitaion upgrade. As it is right now is just clunky and pointless. Getting Obers without LMG but the same reinforce cost is just not worth it.

- Volks changes are good

- SP vet changes are good

- Raketenwerfer should be either a copy of the USF AT-gun (in terms of stats but with 5 men to compensate for not having green cover) or stay as it is but with retreat and camo only when stationary. This hybrid thing in current patch mod is not good.
18 Aug 2019, 10:07 AM

Ultimately we decided to go with a more conservative approach for now. One of the problems is that Valiant Assault is in the same doctrine so there's the risk of overbuffing Falls with them becoming terminators when the ability is active (which is quite spammable in teamgames).

Wouldn't slightly toning down the FG42's buffs again, but decreasing their RA a bit (think Stormtrooper level 0,83-0,59 -> 0,75-0,53) be an idea?

I feel it would ease more of their problems than improving their FG42 would.
18 Aug 2019, 10:10 AM

No matter how you look at Falls I think we can all agree that the last changes were nerfs instead of buffs and made an already struggeling unit even worse.
18 Aug 2019, 10:11 AM

p fusi have 5 men.....

Give em g43s
18 Aug 2019, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 10:11 AMgbem

Give em g43s
is the g43 upgrade free? Or should we count unit base cost only when upgradeded ? Cause IS and Cons get more men and I’m sure as hell their base cost is not based on that
18 Aug 2019, 10:16 AM

We tried concentrating DPS in 2 FG 42s like with IR STG 44s, and giving them really high damage bursts but longer cooldowns (which I thought was pretty cool). We've also tried making them more a close range ambush squad like Stormtroopers (to set them apart from Obers). Ultimately we decided to go with a more conservative approach for now. One of the problems is that Valiant Assault is in the same doctrine so there's the risk of overbuffing Falls with them becoming terminators when the ability is active (which is quite spammable in teamgames).

ehm.. but why ? that "little Buff" change shit. Before they drop like flys, now they drop like flys.
That change now was kind of useless at all.

they have no chance against Paratroopers... even not against shockz.
And the doctrine is still ... weak. Now u have too do micro wonders with ambush, nades and so on... to get what is just normal for US/UKF

BUT the concetrating DPS Idea is quite good. DEW IT!:)

They will be not so squishy most dmg would come from the 2 FGs.
18 Aug 2019, 10:20 AM

is the g43 upgrade free? Or should we count unit base cost only when upgradeded ? Cause IS and Cons get more men and I’m sure as hell their base cost is not based on that

tommies are getting nerfed and cons are a joke lmao
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight