Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
16 Aug 2019, 16:11 PM

The power of the Shrek is that in an instant it will deliver 120 damage without chance of bouncing any core non hammer/anvil allied vehicles. It's a snap shot damn near guaranteed damage. Again, making it too affordable will allow the newly buffed Sturm to be less of a risk for the reward if you lead with multiple. Very bad direction

That is pretty true.

I really do like the changes that are coming for the Sturmpio, finally in terms of scaling and that nade that was hardly ever used. That I am quite thankful for, the changes that are coming.

I think the AT package has to be somehow available and viable.

I mean for 1 Panzerschreck for 70 ammo, you have to admit, it is a lot.

If I compare and contrast the Pzgrens package which is 100 ammo, being only costing +30 more ammo, it is much more worth the effect and investment.

Even comparing and contrasting the Penals package is pretty much better for a cheaper price. Both Pzgrens and Penals packages performing at an efficient rate, with a good price.

Sturmpio AT is just not at an efficent rate nor is it at a good price.

I do not see how you can use much out of 1 Panzerschreck for 70 ammo, price and efficiency, simply not matching.

It should at least shoot slightly faster by 1 or 2 seconds max. Then that would have a punch and effect. For that 70 ammo. Dont you think it deserves that for its price?

Maybe the AT package should be either revamped or given to some other unit instead?

16 Aug 2019, 16:22 PM

The power of the Shrek is that in an instant it will deliver 120 damage without chance of bouncing any core non hammer/anvil allied vehicles.

Except for accuracy, which deffinatly is an issue for it hitting the light vehicles it most often is used against.
16 Aug 2019, 16:26 PM

Yeah, pretty true.

Once you miss the light. Have to wait a straight 8-9 seconds for just another 120 damage lol.
16 Aug 2019, 16:30 PM

That is pretty true.

I really do like the changes that are coming for the Sturmpio, finally in terms of scaling and that nade that was hardly ever used. That I am quite thankful for, the changes that are coming.

I think the AT package has to be somehow available and viable.

I mean for 1 Panzerschreck for 70 ammo, you have to admit, it is a lot.

If I compare and contrast the Pzgrens package which is 100 ammo, being only costing +30 more ammo, it is much more worth the effect and investment.

Even comparing and contrasting the Penals package is pretty much better for a cheaper price. Both Pzgrens and Penals packages performing at an efficient rate, with a good price.

Sturmpio AT is just not at an efficent rate nor is it at a good price.

I do not see how you can use much out of 1 Panzerschreck for 70 ammo, price and efficiency, simply not matching.

It should at least shoot slightly faster by 1 or 2 seconds max. Then that would have a punch and effect. For that 70 ammo. Dont you think it deserves that for its price?

Maybe the AT package should be either revamped or given to some other unit instead?

I would sooner add more value to the package than make it cheaper because of the reason I mentioned before. Passive vehicle detection? Maybe a snare? Faster mine planting? More mines? Better mines? I'll admit I'm not entirely sure but am sure that a cheaper package would have a negative impact on the game.
16 Aug 2019, 16:33 PM

I would sooner add more value to the package than make it cheaper because of the reason I mentioned before. Passive vehicle detection? Maybe a snare? Faster mine planting? More mines? Better mines? I'll admit I'm not entirely sure but am sure that a cheaper package would have a negative impact on the game.

It already has a negative impact on it being currently expensive and not being utilized at all by most due to its inefficiency.

Though they should add something in order to prove that its worth for that investment of 70 ammo.

Faster mine planting is not that good an idea.

Snare would suit though a weaker version like the Fusiliers I think would be good. Since every allied factions has AT available with snares. Why cant they have too!

Now is just simply worthless.
16 Aug 2019, 16:38 PM

It already has a negative impact on it being currently expensive and not being utilized at all by most due to its inefficiency.

Though they should add something in order to prove that its worth for that investment of 70 ammo.

Faster mine planting is not that good an idea.

Snare would suit though a weaker version like the Fusiliers I think would be good. Since every allied factions has AT available with snares. Why cant they have too!

Now is just simply worthless.

The negatives would be outweighed by the AI power that early sturms bring followed by easy AT. It would give an incredibly powerful early game. Granted it might be necessary now that volks have been soft removed from the game with the totally outrageous +10mo cost
16 Aug 2019, 16:44 PM

The negatives would be outweighed by the AI power that early sturms bring followed by easy AT. It would give an incredibly powerful early game. Granted it might be necessary now that volks have been soft removed from the game with the totally outrageous +10mo cost

It definitely would have a negative impact early game for the allies but I was thinking it should be available after 1 base built.

Anyway, this whole drama between Volks and Sturmpio about who should have the AT has made a complete mess on the design.

It is just not suitable for either currently.

Since none can really make a proper decision for how it should properly be.

Do you think it would be a better idea if Obersoldaten got the AT package instead?

Obers should be distinct like having 1 Panzerschreck and a snare. Would be nice to see.

Would be definitely stupid to have a simply copy of Panzergrens AT package.

16 Aug 2019, 17:06 PM

The thing is, the reason why the Flak Half Track is hardly ever used is because neither the Raketenwerfer and Sturmpio AT can support it properly.

If Sturmpio, say had better AT equipment, then AEC or STUART wont just drive past them but they are easily avoidable the Sturmpio AT as they currently are.

It is always the same case now, they always drive past the Sturmpio without even giving a second thought. They know it is useless.

If it were Penals or any other AT package available. I am quite sure that neither an AEC or STUART would even dare go past them to take down the FHT.

Except for Sturmpio AT of course because it is simply crap

DEVS needs to re-evaluate and look from different aspects.
16 Aug 2019, 17:12 PM

I like the Rekt as they are now. At this point if the community wants to fix the OKW AT gun problem might as well give them a pak!
16 Aug 2019, 17:15 PM

I like the Rekt as they are now. At this point if the community wants to fix the OKW AT gun problem might as well give them a pak!

I like the changes that finally coming to the Rak.

I just they make it from a recon to a proper AT gun. Since that was always the case. I would say make it like USF AT gun instead.

What I explained about Flak Half Track, it is how it currently is now.

Rak and Sturmpio AT sucks in supporting the FHT, simply terrible.

AEC and STUART just goes directly without, often giving second thoughts. Easily destroys the FHT because neither Rak nor Sturmpio can deal with lights properly.
16 Aug 2019, 17:16 PM

The thing is, the reason why the Flak Half Track is hardly ever used is because neither the Raketenwerfer and Sturmpio AT can support it properly.

If Sturmpio, say had better AT equipment, then AEC or STUART wont just drive past them but they are easily avoidable the Sturmpio AT as they currently are.

It is always the same case now, they always drive past the Sturmpio without even giving a second thought. They know it is useless.

If it were Penals or any other AT package available. I am quite sure that neither an AEC or STUART would even dare go past them to take down the FHT.

Except for Sturmpio AT of course because it is simply crap

DEVS needs to re-evaluate and look from different aspects.

ill dive through REs zooks and piatsappers to get to a disabled M20/UC with mah luchs...

penals are the exception because ur likely to lose your luchs to the satchel
16 Aug 2019, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 17:16 PMgbem

ill dive through REs zooks and piatsappers to get to a disabled M20/UC with mah luchs...

For USF, I use Riflemen with the zooks since they have snares. It is better that way. Especially against lights.

All allied factions have AT and snares available combined.

Use that to your advantage.
16 Aug 2019, 17:22 PM

rifles with zooks are really bad... they will bleed like crazy and are too split in performance... zooks are best placed in REs...

piats belong with sappers yes... but screw the sapperpiatblob
16 Aug 2019, 17:29 PM

I like the changes that finally coming to the Rak.

I just they make it from a recon to a proper AT gun. Since that was always the case. I would say make it like USF AT gun instead.

What I explained about Flak Half Track, it is how it currently is now.

Rak and Sturmpio AT sucks in supporting the FHT, simply terrible.

AEC and STUART just goes directly without, often giving second thoughts. Easily destroys the FHT because neither Rak nor Sturmpio can deal with lights properly.

To be honest the current Rak is amazing due to two things, the 270MP and the stealth mechanic. The use of 2 Raks with stealth definitely gives the player more option for strategic ambushes. Also, I dont think Raks have too much problem with penetration from by experience. Yes, raks struggle with Churchill and heavy tanks but you should be able to have some armor available.

Also, the stealth mechanic is EXTREMELY useful for sneaking up on Priest and Kats in large modes.
16 Aug 2019, 17:33 PM

Thorough Salvage

Just I was about to give hope after making this suggestions around five years ago it is finally here.

Starting resources

To me this seems like a complicated solution to a simple problem ("tone down the rate at which OKW is able to produce squads right from the start."). It messes with allot of things for no good reason (reinforcement cost ratio, tech costs, mainline infatry balance..)

To me it seem a far simpler solution to increase the built time for VGs...
16 Aug 2019, 17:38 PM

Yea volks change seem strange to me, they could have just nerfed the volks close and mid range dps (the inverse of what they did to rifle) and reduce the starting mp a bit more

People forget that okw doesn’t have a cheaper squad than volks, so a nerf to mp cost or reinforce is a direct nerf to okw team weapons plays (already quite lacking )

All other faction have cheap mp and reinforce options (RE, re, pio, CE)
16 Aug 2019, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 17:16 PMgbem

And then you run over a mine. Congratulations, you have played yourself.

And Piat Sappers can not be driven through, do they not have snares now?
16 Aug 2019, 17:57 PM

And then you run over a mine. Congratulations, you have played yourself.

and okw doesnt have mines now?

And Piat Sappers can not be driven through, do they not have snares now?

i forgot how much i hated the cancer that is the sapper piatblob... having a snare + an RPG on a squad is punishing even to mediums like the P4... u get this one...

on the other hand its more of a sappers shouldnt be able to have piats a snare and be 5 man at the same time...
16 Aug 2019, 18:05 PM

To be honest the current Rak is amazing due to two things, the 270MP and the stealth mechanic. The use of 2 Raks with stealth definitely gives the player more option for strategic ambushes. Also, I dont think Raks have too much problem with penetration from by experience. Yes, raks struggle with Churchill and heavy tanks but you should be able to have some armor available.

Also, the stealth mechanic is EXTREMELY useful for sneaking up on Priest and Kats in large modes.

Rak is mostly extremely useful in sneaking. Rak definitely has good enough penetration.

In terms of supporting however, not so much. Supporting lights in general is just terrible.

For 270 manpower, I would pick every time over the USF AT gun since a way better support weapon. Mostly due to the fact it is far superior against both lights and mediums. That is why I prefer it.

16 Aug 2019, 18:08 PM

the rak is terrifying tank hunter..... but an awful AT gun... it needs to be the latter not the former
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 24
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %