Login

russian armor

Luitenant tier.

9 Aug 2019, 16:40 PM

Going for him is just useless, I can play with him like a billion times and win only twice, and because of the units that are in, and I think that everybody already touched them, but I am for the 1st time on CoH.org so why not?

1. M2HB.
It's a really good MG, the only thing I think can be changed is the cost, to match other HMGs-260MP, as it comes out as late as MG34, but can just never come out, as MG34, but 34 is basically Maxim level suppression (which is not bad considering Maxim has to push to attack with the other units for better efficiency). I think the cost is the only problem as it has AP bullets without veterancy and has good suppression, so it HAS TO come out late, but at least not so costly, I would be fine with the cost if it had like 5 men or smth, but it's 4.

2. M20 Minelayer.
It just need better top HMG damage and cost for armour upgrade to 60 instead of 70, I think.

3. Stuart.
(nearly) As costly as a T-70 and AEC, but doesn't have AI and AT capabilities at least close to any of them, and being very easy to kill? Yes, that's the Stuart! I understand that it has good AT capabilities because of his abilities, that is true, but they cost ammo, with which a USF player may have problems, and I mean big ones, because of BAR 60 ammo cost and being useful in pairs of 2 per squad, or, for example, giving Rangers 3 Zookas for a good AT performance, and then you have to use Stuart's abilities, and keep him alive, which is hard, as he doesn't have smoke like AEC, or speed like T-70, is easy to hit because of how tall it is, and low armour, with bad AI capabilities, meaning he won't be able to fight same Shrek'd PZGrens and not die like T-70, or just run away like AEC.
It just needs a lower cost, like 250MP on 65Fuel, or better performance, like a bit better AI performance and some more Damage/Pen, or to make it more about AI targeting while abilities are for pure AT and nothing else.

Now I want to hear your opinion.
9 Aug 2019, 19:46 PM

What did this man mean by his signature.
9 Aug 2019, 20:57 PM

What did this man mean by his signature.

That I am Russian.
10 Aug 2019, 01:19 AM

I think the tier is okay. Most people think the USF tech change was a huge improvement over the previous system.

I think all of the units are okay. They might be a tiny bit overpriced but that isn't a significant problem. The bigger issue is just the number of squads that USF ends up having after they unlock all of their tech. It's usually 2 rifles, 3 officers and one engineer at a minimum. It doesn't leave a lot of popcap for elite infantry or vehicles.

If I would change anything about it, I would rather have the cost be something like 100/35 and receive the weapon rack instead of the Lieutenant.
10 Aug 2019, 01:45 AM

Thinking about this, I wonder if the solution might be to flip the current situation.

You unlock the building first, with the building unlock you get Grenades (Platoon) and Weapon Rack (Company), as well as a couple of units, and the Officer is the cheaper option + builds faster to unlock the last couple of units.
10 Aug 2019, 10:26 AM

Thinking about this, I wonder if the solution might be to flip the current situation.

You unlock the building first, with the building unlock you get Grenades (Platoon) and Weapon Rack (Company), as well as a couple of units, and the Officer is the cheaper option + builds faster to unlock the last couple of units.

If nades (that are VERY good) will be unlocked, as Racks, only with a certain tier unlocked, it just makes it harder, as, for example, you chose Luit who gives you nades, and doesn't give Racks, so your Riflemen and REs with, for example, Rangers, have to work with everything they've got by default, and the only units of which I mentioned had any upgrade are the Rangers, so that sucks.
And if only Racks you don't have access to nades which are very useful, for example smoke to cut the vision of an MG.
So no, it's a bad idea.
10 Aug 2019, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2019, 01:19 AMGrumpy
I think the tier is okay. Most people think the USF tech change was a huge improvement over the previous system.

I think all of the units are okay. They might be a tiny bit overpriced but that isn't a significant problem. The bigger issue is just the number of squads that USF ends up having after they unlock all of their tech. It's usually 2 rifles, 3 officers and one engineer at a minimum. It doesn't leave a lot of popcap for elite infantry or vehicles.

If I would change anything about it, I would rather have the cost be something like 100/35 and receive the weapon rack instead of the Lieutenant.

The thing about cost was mentioned for every unit and if that will be the solution, I'll be fine, as maybe everyone really will be.
Just why would you ever unlock both Luit and Cap? They have to be used separately as Luit has an MG to suppress the enemy and hold territory, Minelayer to...lay mines and do some damage to support the units whilst being also able to hurt tanks a bit because of a Bazooka for the crew, and the Stuart is about doing some AT work with little AI capabilities, so it's:
1) AI.
2) Support with some AT capabilities to scare 222s and Luchs off.
3) AT.

While Cap has:
1) ATG=AT.
2) M1 Howizer=Support.
3) AA HT=AI with some AT capabilities to scare some 222s and Luchs off.

So, on paper, they're the same, just HOW they do it is different, thus if you go for just one of the Officers, you can go for Elites like Rangers or Paratroopers, you see?
10 Aug 2019, 13:10 PM

Plenty of people unlock both Lt and Capt. I just watched the game between Talisman and Luvnest where it happened before Major.
10 Aug 2019, 14:16 PM

The M20 is a great vehicle I think, currently one of the most balanced ones in the game. It starts a bit slow but it scales really well with veterancy. Its mines are priceless if you manage to catch a medium tank with them.
10 Aug 2019, 14:18 PM

The M20 is a great vehicle I think, currently one of the most balanced ones in the game. It starts a bit slow but it scales really well with veterancy. Its mines are priceless if you manage to catch a medium tank with them.
]
If it'll live past puma long enough that is.
But I too think its one of good vehicles.
10 Aug 2019, 16:26 PM

The thing about cost was mentioned for every unit and if that will be the solution, I'll be fine, as maybe everyone really will be.
Just why would you ever unlock both Luit and Cap? They have to be used separately as Luit has an MG to suppress the enemy and hold territory, Minelayer to...lay mines and do some damage to support the units whilst being also able to hurt tanks a bit because of a Bazooka for the crew, and the Stuart is about doing some AT work with little AI capabilities, so it's:
1) AI.
2) Support with some AT capabilities to scare 222s and Luchs off.
3) AT.

While Cap has:
1) ATG=AT.
2) M1 Howizer=Support.
3) AA HT=AI with some AT capabilities to scare some 222s and Luchs off.

So, on paper, they're the same, just HOW they do it is different, thus if you go for just one of the Officers, you can go for Elites like Rangers or Paratroopers, you see?

Most people unlock the Captain for the AT gun, which is generally better than people give it credit. If you can get a Jackson out in time then you might skip Captain, but that would depend on how the game is going.
10 Aug 2019, 16:37 PM

Plenty of people unlock both Lt and Capt. I just watched the game between Talisman and Luvnest where it happened before Major.

I see no point to do so but alright, maybe I am just not as good in more than 5 years and 3000+ experience to understand that, idk.
10 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

Maybe I shall try to make it scale up then and then say, just it's hard af.
10 Aug 2019, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2019, 14:18 PMKatitof
]
If it'll live past puma long enough that is.
But I too think its one of good vehicles.

People still build Puma?
10 Aug 2019, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2019, 16:26 PMGrumpy

Most people unlock the Captain for the AT gun, which is generally better than people give it credit. If you can get a Jackson out in time then you might skip Captain, but that would depend on how the game is going.

The ATG of the USF IS if not the best, the 2nd best ATG in this entire game, true, well, I understand that you would just go for him for the sake of ATGs in desperate state, but I mean...you can go for him in any state and he's just better Tier than Luit, but maybe I am still wrong, idk.
10 Aug 2019, 17:18 PM

Holy Quintuple Post
10 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

Holy Quintuple Post

Wait, again, who's that for, again?
    10 Aug 2019, 20:05 PM

I'd rather use the new button to first only pay for tech and "open" the tier and decide what I want to buy without getting an officer (an officer could be bought just like any other unit from the given tier with only manpower cost).

Very often I wouldn't like another infatry squad but, for example, an mg or an at gun and would like to leave some room for rangers, for example. Getting an officer means that I have two options - either build fewer infantry squads early and get overrun by OKW or have 3 rifles and than end up having, for me, too many infantry squads (almost like intended Soviet faction design with lots of infantry).
    11 Aug 2019, 08:38 AM

In my opinion one of the two USF side techs should just go away completely and be tied to regular teching. Probably grenades in my opinion and tied them in with AT rifle grenades instead of the dumb vet requirement for a snare.
    11 Aug 2019, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned
    jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2019, 08:38 AMCODGUY
    In my opinion one of the two USF side techs should just go away completely and be tied to regular teching. Probably grenades in my opinion and tied them in with AT rifle grenades instead of the dumb vet requirement for a snare.

Even soviets, the most hated faction of devs don't get that luxury
    1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %
      Streak
    Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS