Login

russian armor

Luitenant tier.

11 Aug 2019, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2019, 08:38 AMCODGUY
In my opinion one of the two USF side techs should just go away completely and be tied to regular teching. Probably grenades in my opinion and tied them in with AT rifle grenades instead of the dumb vet requirement for a snare.

No.
Your opinion doesn't count.
Leave forever.
11 Aug 2019, 17:01 PM

I'd rather use the new button to first only pay for tech and "open" the tier and decide what I want to buy without getting an officer (an officer could be bought just like any other unit from the given tier with only manpower cost).

Very often I wouldn't like another infatry squad but, for example, an mg or an at gun and would like to leave some room for rangers, for example. Getting an officer means that I have two options - either build fewer infantry squads early and get overrun by OKW or have 3 rifles and than end up having, for me, too many infantry squads (almost like intended Soviet faction design with lots of infantry).

When you have lots of infantry it's better as you have good, possibly 3 vetted REs with/or Rifles with double BARs and Zookas, being able if not to kill, then to scary off even Panthers and Obers with just a little problems, while Support Weapons always need a back up and can't do 2 jobs at the same time, like ATG can't fight infantry as USF, but Rifles with double Zookas can, especially considering grenades.
12 Aug 2019, 18:47 PM

When you have lots of infantry it's better as you have good, possibly 3 vetted REs with/or Rifles with double BARs and Zookas, being able if not to kill, then to scary off even Panthers and Obers with just a little problems, while Support Weapons always need a back up and can't do 2 jobs at the same time, like ATG can't fight infantry as USF, but Rifles with double Zookas can, especially considering grenades.

Generally you are right and I agree. However, I'd like to have more options to make USF builds more diverse. Remember that a lot of infantry may be very manpower heavy because of reinforcement and upkeep cost. Sometimes I feel sort of happy to lose one of my inf squads because I have more room for more elite squads.
12 Aug 2019, 21:53 PM

People still build Puma?

Its pritty Stronk. As long as you compensate its terrible accuracy by stopping before it fires, its pretty boss.

Toss in APHE and stalling until sturmtiger, you got youself a stew going.
13 Aug 2019, 03:48 AM

And if players treat Puma survive till vet 5 ....
Super strong maphack LUL.

In topic, USF is really BAD against agressive OKW playstyle, Mechanize tech so strong.
Rush Lutanant cost USF bleeding so much cuz no Ambulance, no weapon rack.

13 Aug 2019, 11:28 AM

Its pritty Stronk. As long as you compensate its terrible accuracy by stopping before it fires, its pretty boss.

Just don't remember the last time I saw it in battle with no bs going on, I've seen a guy spamming Luchs, but don't remember any Pumas.
13 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM

Generally you are right and I agree. However, I'd like to have more options to make USF builds more diverse. Remember that a lot of infantry may be very manpower heavy because of reinforcement and upkeep cost. Sometimes I feel sort of happy to lose one of my inf squads because I have more room for more elite squads.

I don't remember that I ever had problems with squads space in pop cap, only tanks (especially heavy) and snipers, are you sure you're not doing anything wrong?

More diverse...like Soviets have an ability to go for T1 or T2, Brits have an ability to go for AEC or Bofors + Anvil or Hammer in Ts, and OKW has an ability to go T1 or T2.
The only faction I know with 3 openings is Wehr, with Going for T1 and then T2, staying on T0 before T2, Going for T1 and then T3.

(I am not taking Sov T1+T2 and such things as I think it's complete bs and shouldn't exist)
13 Aug 2019, 12:25 PM

And if players treat Puma survive till vet 5 ....
Super strong maphack LUL.

In topic, USF is really BAD against agressive OKW playstyle, Mechanize tech so strong.
Rush Lutanant cost USF bleeding so much cuz no Ambulance, no weapon rack.

No, you just suck if you say shit like this.

For example you start with 2 Rifles-Ambulance-Another Rifle-Officer or 2 Rifles-Ambulance-Officer-Rifle.
Because of this you can upgrade for both Racks and Nades, make M20 as Luit to have AT capabilities besides AT nades early on because of a Zooka for a crew, LIE MINES FOR AT TOO WOW, and it has "some" AI capabilities because of a top HMG and go for Stuart.
If you're Captain, make an ATG for ...AT, wow, then just go for AA HT for beating the enemy down hard, and if you can, order in the wipe machine (if it hits) and you're off to go.

Oh, and don't forget, you DO HAVE Racks and Ambulance.
13 Aug 2019, 12:28 PM

Hm I find using both officers is very very effective. Maybe even too effective, as it greatly increases your field pressence and pressure you can put on the field.
13 Aug 2019, 20:55 PM

Hm I find using both officers is very very effective. Maybe even too effective, as it greatly increases your field pressence and pressure you can put on the field.

With a Captain, I can shred enemies to pieces (if I don't encounter too many wipes on my side) while with a Luit I usually lose no matter what, the tactic is basically the same (not involving the Officer Tiers), so it's the fault of the units.
14 Aug 2019, 06:56 AM

No, you just suck if you say shit like this.

For example you start with 2 Rifles-Ambulance-Another Rifle-Officer or 2 Rifles-Ambulance-Officer-Rifle.
Because of this you can upgrade for both Racks and Nades, make M20 as Luit to have AT capabilities besides AT nades early on because of a Zooka for a crew, LIE MINES FOR AT TOO WOW, and it has "some" AI capabilities because of a top HMG and go for Stuart.
If you're Captain, make an ATG for ...AT, wow, then just go for AA HT for beating the enemy down hard, and if you can, order in the wipe machine (if it hits) and you're off to go.

Oh, and don't forget, you DO HAVE Racks and Ambulance.

You really build an ambulance as 3rd unit? I'm lost with this topic.
14 Aug 2019, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 06:56 AMEsxile

You really build an ambulance as 3rd unit? I'm lost with this topic.

Well if you're vs OKW then it's a good thing as, yes, you will get the Sappers down easily as they have low HP, but you're still going to get a lot of damage, so you would need a fast heal right away.
Vs Wehr it's usually 3rd only if I encounter an MG spam or the enemy is pressing real hard right away.
14 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

Yeah puma is great. It's got the range to counter everything up to mediums, and even those it can kind of scare even though it won't pen them all the time because it still outranges them too.

It's vet1 ability also engine damages lights and turret locks mediums for 15 seconds so that's a nice bonus too.
14 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

Depending, on teamgame, ambulance can be second unit if you wish but on 1vs1 try to get it after teching.
14 Aug 2019, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well if you're vs OKW then it's a good thing as, yes, you will get the Sappers down easily as they have low HP, but you're still going to get a lot of damage, so you would need a fast heal right away.
Vs Wehr it's usually 3rd only if I encounter an MG spam or the enemy is pressing real hard right away.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 15:08 PMEsxile
Depending, on teamgame, ambulance can be second unit if you wish but on 1vs1 try to get it after teching.

That's still a REALLY bad idea. Teamgame or not.

Map presence and fighting > the small dmg lost of not having healing early on. You are gonna lose more HP later on by trying to recover terrain or by fighting outnumbered.

14 Aug 2019, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 15:08 PMEsxile

Well, YES, OF COURSE if I want my units to die instantly, because all I get against is OKW with Volks or Pfuss blobs that can sometimes wipe even full health squads, mhm, taking into consideration, of course.

Especially useful when I am getting stomped right away, yes.
14 Aug 2019, 16:38 PM

That's still a REALLY bad idea. Teamgame or not.

Map presence and fighting > the small dmg lost of not having healing early on. You are gonna lose more HP later on by trying to recover terrain or by fighting outnumbered.

I ain't got no problems dealing with this shit when I have my Ambulance early on, some players even take it with their units to the front if they can make it survive, so that it's a forward HQ or shit like that, so see no problem here, and usually I can make my enemy either lose or at least just retreat to the base while charging and getting my Ambulance, also I get my another Rifles right away and press on and on and on.
14 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
I think the Stuart could use a fuel decrease to 55-60. I only ever get a Stuart vs a OKW player with a luchs. Otherwise it's not worth getting vs inf.
14 Aug 2019, 20:51 PM

I think the Stuart could use a fuel decrease to 55-60. I only ever get a Stuart vs a OKW player with a luchs. Otherwise it's not worth getting vs inf.

That's what I said in my post, cost decrease.
Well, actually it is useful against Wehr as they have lighter vehicles and their tanks have less armour, so if it vets up it can have a chance, also it's abilities, again, are useful, just I mentioned in the post that just relying on them in AT role of the tank is bad.

Yeet
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS