Login

russian armor

Commandos need buff

2 Aug 2019, 19:06 PM

maybe have it a timed activate ability too to restore the old function for like 30 second and 1 min cd

I really don't see why that's needed though. Valentine used to be able to do what IRHT does in live and people complained it was OP so they removed it. It's IMO kind of a dumb mechanic. Maybe a timed sight boost instead but having passive minimap sight is still pretty damn strong for 200mp, 5 fuel.
2 Aug 2019, 20:02 PM

While I agree with you overall, I should say that, IIRC, Stormtrooper MP40s are indeed better than Commando stens and so, while I haven't really tested it, a Stormtrooper squad can probably win vs Commandos fairly regularly.

Not quite, Commandos win quite handily, the extra model is huge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZyrGksrhjg (Commandos won 11 out of 12 times)

Stormtrooper MP40's have 18.69 close range dps and Commando Stens have 14,133 close range dps, so Storms are indeed better per model, but note that Commandos have an ambush bonus of 50% accuracy for 5 seconds, that will almost guarantee a win against any Axis squad when camo is used.

2 Aug 2019, 20:05 PM

Stormtrooper MP40's have 18.69 close range dps and Commando Stens have 14,133 close range dps, so Storms are indeed better per model, but note that Commandos have an ambush bonus of 50% accuracy for 5 seconds, that will almost guarantee a win against any Axis squad when camo is used.

They also have that passive sprint ability when breaking camo (or when entering combat?) iirc, so you have some flexibility with how you ambush
2 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

They also have that passive sprint ability when breaking camo (or when entering combat?) iirc, so you have some flexibility with how you ambush

And an extra man from the glider commandos if I recall.
2 Aug 2019, 20:08 PM

And an extra man from the glider commandos if I recall.

This is not CoH1.

All Commando squads have 5 men, except the officer dude that has 4 men.
2 Aug 2019, 20:09 PM

This is not CoH1.

All Commando squads have 5 men, except the officer dude that has 4 men.

Am I misremembering?
I swear infiltration commandos only had 4 men...
2 Aug 2019, 20:10 PM

And infiltration commandos spawn with 3 or 4? But can be reinforced to 5
2 Aug 2019, 20:13 PM

And infiltration commandos spawn with 3 or 4? But can be reinforced to 5

Ah that's it. My bad. I remembered them being reduced to 3 models but forgot about the upped reinforcement limit. Thanks for the correction folks.
2 Aug 2019, 20:13 PM

Am I misremembering?
I swear infiltration commandos only had 4 men...

I think that was before they got their starting members reduced to 3, they can now reinforce up till 5.

Found an old game with 4 men infiltration Commando's here, your memory is working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibI4t09CTHA
2 Aug 2019, 20:23 PM

Ah that's it. My bad. I remembered them being reduced to 3 models but forgot about the upped reinforcement limit. Thanks for the correction folks.

I wasn't certain either, haven't seen or used that commander in a while
2 Aug 2019, 22:49 PM

I really don't see why that's needed though. Valentine used to be able to do what IRHT does in live and people complained it was OP so they removed it. It's IMO kind of a dumb mechanic. Maybe a timed sight boost instead but having passive minimap sight is still pretty damn strong for 200mp, 5 fuel.
well nobody would build it like that as it cost pop too , if it could reinforce at least, but just making it see rhtought for 30 second with a cd it would be fair as it's not permanent and require micro (basically a weaker but free recon pass that doesn't actually let u target thing with off map and gives no LOS bonus)i a way similar to major old recon much weaker but free and more risky
2 Aug 2019, 23:14 PM

well nobody would build it like that as it cost pop too , if it could reinforce at least, but just making it see rhtought for 30 second with a cd it would be fair as it's not permanent and require micro (basically a weaker but free recon pass that doesn't actually let u target thing with off map and gives no LOS bonus)i a way similar to major old recon much weaker but free and more risky

The thing costs 8 volk models and 5 fuel. It really shouldn't have that kind of maphacks period. Losing it is hardly even a liability because it's so damn cheap, and passive minimap sight would already be an excellent bonus. All it takes is a bit of attention to detail and it's almost as good as being able to just see it like in live anyway. The thing is dirt cheap and takes the pop of an ambulance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★