Login

russian armor

Everything with this faction is so friggen expenisve...

18 Jul 2019, 04:52 AM

Anyone else feel this way with USF?

Riflemen are a good example. I've heard all day long all the B.S. about how how good this unit supposedly is but I'm pretty sure anyone who actually plays USF consistently knows how badly they suck in all actuality. I spent some time playing the Soviets recently (which is the only faction I almost never play) and was surprised how good Penals are which cost basically the same as Riflemen. Sure you have to build a building first so that makes them T1 as opposed to T0 but they're actually worth their cost and don't get their asses kicked by a friggen 200 MP engineer unit (I've seen Pioneers do this to Riflemen, not consistently but still pathetic it's even possible) plus they have a good ability with satchel that you DON'T pay extra for on a stupid side tech. Yeah yeah double BARs whatever that's a really REALLY expensive upgrade which goes along with the point of this OP.

M2 .50 cal is locked behind LT. Okay not totally unreasonable since USF gets a T0 mortar but why the hell should it cost 280 MP and 7 pop? I mean it's okay but it's not like it's anywhere near as good as an MG42 which happens to be way cheaper.

Rear Echeleons. 200 MP for this unit? Really? This is probably the worst engineer unit in the game. They have volley fire which literally does nothing except get them killed faster. Soviet Engineers get a flamethrower upgrade and only cost 170 MP. I mean come on, for 200 MP and no combat ability they should at least be a 5 man sqaud right off the bat. Hell I'd be willing to pay slightly more for them if they had 5 men for say 210 MP. At that point they'd be worth their cost.

Ambulance is 250 MP and 10 fuel. Good grief. The fuel cost isn't totally unreasonable but the MP cost is through the roof. Okay it's a vehicle it can move yes that's cool but at that price you'd have to be an idiot to buy it within the first 10 minutes before teching and you'd bigger idiot to keep it anywhere but your base until teching to Major. It'd be way more reasonable to have it locked behind LT and/or CPT tech and reduce it's MP cost to 150.

The Stuart is really really expensive and is such a nitch unit it's hard to say if it's worth it. The MP cost isn't so bad but fuel cost is pretty high for something that really only counters Luchs or some Scout Car rush. It's pretty bad against infantry worse than a Panther but unlike a Panther the almost every infantry unit it will face can faust it and grantee an engine snare.

The T3 armor is pretty reasonably priced and pretty good if you're lucky enough to survive that long and not get out blobbed. The AT gun I guess is decent for it's price but it's locked behind a crap tech tier. AA HT is too much of a pain in the ass to use having to drive it backwards all the time. It's MP cost is too high as well. M20 is meh but better priced than it used to be but paying 70 munitions for something it should already have is lame. Pack Howitzer sucks. I seriously don't know why people complain this thing is OP you have to get really lucky for it to do anything useful and it's so easy to flank and decrew.
18 Jul 2019, 14:32 PM

any proof, replay or stats to back up all the things that come out of ur keyboard ? or do u just drop ur head and roll it on the key board ?

rifle have volks dps at long range and penal dps at close range + they get reduced base RA
penal are tier 1 unit and COST 300 mp not 280, and i saw u crying on how volks are op,etc (obv all bullshit ass they have same dps at long range) and they cost 30 less, by ur logic they should be better than they are now, and can i see this footage of pioneer beating rifleman ? cause u know i can say that a 1 man combat engenier beat 2 ober squad with 2 mg 34 each and provide nothing to back it up

cal 50 cost so much cause it's better than all mgs, with fast set up time and instant suppression, great penetration and damage

RE are completely fair for their dps and utility with more dps and CE at all ranges and access to zook or bar unlike CE (i guess u conveniently forgot those existed) and yea pay just 10 mp more for 1 more man, i guess we should do the same for sturm or penal just 10 more mp for 1 more man

ambulance cost is fair, soviet pays 250 for a non mobile heal at base, okw pays 100 mp and 10 fu for non mobile healing, 250 mp and 10 fu is the mix between the 2 but is actually mobile and can reinforce

the stuart is a generalist, it deals with most of the light vehicle too thanks to its abilities

well the aa truck gotta have some draw back for what it costs, the soviet have to pay 100 muni for it, okw has to be immobile, the usf one still does damage on the move and the twin cannons have a lot of pen easily killing 222, pack howy is good it can easily wipe when it hits, its a mini ml20 but with AA but lower damage and aoe

btw could u please provide some stats instead of always going for "how u feel" about the game
18 Jul 2019, 15:30 PM

Honestly my only wish for the riflemen is to get a bit of a price reduction. 250 260 would be fine.
18 Jul 2019, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 15:30 PMGenObi
Honestly my only wish for the riflemen is to get a bit of a price reduction. 250 260 would be fine.
...... can't u say that to all units ?
18 Jul 2019, 15:43 PM

How exactly are Rifleman bad? Even before the upgrades? I just don't see that

They have among the best grenades and some of the best weapon upgrades available. They should be expensive

Not to mention it's only more expensive if you equip 2x BARs. Which is more power than most mainlines ever have
18 Jul 2019, 15:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'm just concerned there's a comparison between a stuart and a panther......
18 Jul 2019, 15:59 PM

When discussing USF's manpower costs it's important to remember it gets an officer squad when it techs.

That's effectively a 300 MP rebate.
18 Jul 2019, 16:28 PM

Remove the tech officers(they are useless MP bleed anyway) and make riflemen somewhat competitive...
18 Jul 2019, 16:48 PM

...... can't u say that to all units ?

Not really, the main problem with the USAF stems from having really expensive mainline infantry. Address the man power bleed from the start it has a domino effect on the whole roster. Maybe US player, as crazy as it sounds, be able to actually field elite infantry units for a change.
18 Jul 2019, 16:52 PM

so u want them to be much better than volks but price them the same ?
18 Jul 2019, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 15:59 PMLago
When discussing USF's manpower costs it's important to remember it gets an officer squad when it techs.

That's effectively a 300 MP rebate.

A rebate every USF player says they dont want or want the option not to have so i can afford to use airborne, cav rifles, rangers, pathfinders, or just another support weapon in their place.
18 Jul 2019, 17:00 PM

How exactly are Rifleman bad? Even before the upgrades? I just don't see that

They have among the best grenades and some of the best weapon upgrades available. They should be expensive

Not to mention it's only more expensive if you equip 2x BARs. Which is more power than most mainlines ever have

There grenades cost fuel just to have and are not directly part of teching do axis? Then they also have to fuck with weapon racks idk why there cant be just upgrade buttons on all capable usf infantry , click button one it adds bar, or zook as long as said squads has slot room.
18 Jul 2019, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:00 PMRocket

There grenades cost fuel just to have and are not directly part of teching do axis? Then they also have to fuck with weapon racks idk why there cant be just upgrade buttons on all capable usf infantry , click button one it adds bar, or zook as long as said squads has slot room.
the racks is to let evrey unit use them, like zook on RE , etc
18 Jul 2019, 17:04 PM

The tech and get a officer thing isnt a win for USAF in my book. You could even argue its a less capable rifle squad from the get go since instead having 5 rifles you get one sub and 4 rifles and belive you me there is no effective long range infantryman. This just places most american players deeper in the MP bleed zone where no real possibility to deploy those sorely needed elite troops. Like i said from the get go, need to adress the cost to performance prices from the start and should resolve the rest of the tech tree.
18 Jul 2019, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:04 PMGenObi
The tech and get a officer thing isnt a win for USAF in my book. You could even argue its a less capable rifle squad from the get go since instead having 5 rifles you get one sub and 4 rifles and belive you me there is no effective long range infantryman. This just places most american players deeper in the MP bleed zone where no real possibility to deploy those sorely needed elite troops. Like i said from the get go, need to adress the cost to performance prices from the start and should resolve the rest of the tech tree.
yea having Thompson is bad, i guess ranger and para trash for that reason right? :rofl:
18 Jul 2019, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 16:55 PMRocket
A rebate every USF player says they dont want or want the option not to have so i can afford to use airborne, cav rifles, rangers, pathfinders, or just another support weapon in their place.

If you don't want the officer just walk it into the enemy base and let it die.
18 Jul 2019, 17:35 PM

yea having Thompson is bad, i guess ranger and para trash for that reason right? :rofl:

why would people pay 90MU for 1 thompson?

wait...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight