Login

russian armor

AVRE and StumTiger need rework?

30 Jun 2019, 00:09 AM

How about make AVRE be UKF KV2, and ST be mobile B4?
Reduce AVRE damage and AOE,but increase reload speed,and automate fire,maybe give a switch model like kv2 or limit can't fire when moving make it be heavy mobile mortar?
And ST……maybe can make it be mobile B4,increase range to about 100,but have large scatter,when reload can't move and all explosion or cannon have chance to kill crews,vet3 can move when reloading,vet4 can full speed move when reloading,and vet5 crews can't be kill when reloading.
30 Jun 2019, 01:36 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

B4 is already cheesey, don't think people want a mobile one.

Good idea for the AVRE, but it'd need other stat changes to compensate probably.
30 Jun 2019, 09:19 AM

I enjoy the sturmtiger, fite me.
30 Jun 2019, 10:37 AM

The only thing the strumtiger and AVRE needs, is to be able too shoot down a slight hill without the sheell landing massivly short
30 Jun 2019, 11:45 AM

imo avre works just fine, but it has too much tendency of hitting ground prematurely if fired in any sort of elevated place.
1 Jul 2019, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2019, 10:37 AMDuffman
The only thing the strumtiger and AVRE needs, is to be able too shoot down a slight hill without the sheell landing massivly short

Just in general, they both need to be reworked so they actually hit within the target circle on terrain that isn't perfectly flat. if that means changing the projectile arc to be unbelievably high, so be it.
2 Jul 2019, 13:12 PM

I think the AVRE commander needs a re-work. It has a great tank but rest of the commander is meh.
2 Jul 2019, 13:34 PM

Just in general, they both need to be reworked so they actually hit within the target circle on terrain that isn't perfectly flat. if that means changing the projectile arc to be unbelievably high, so be it.

We actually tried this, and we managed to make the Sturmtiger fire in a "howitzer" arc (it could fire over buildings even) but the speed of the projectile can not be changed so it would effectively have been a nerf, because it took 4-5 seconds to hit max range which normally takes only 1-2 seconds. It could perhaps be introduced at some point as a secondanry firing mode.
3 Jul 2019, 10:38 AM

We actually tried this, and we managed to make the Sturmtiger fire in a "howitzer" arc (it could fire over buildings even) but the speed of the projectile can not be changed so it would effectively have been a nerf, because it took 4-5 seconds to hit max range which normally takes only 1-2 seconds. It could perhaps be introduced at some point as a secondanry firing mode.

- THAT I can get behind.
Go for secondary firing mode.
I mean, direct fire (for a howitzer) and indirect fire mode for a howitzer.
Sounds 100% legit for me. It'd fix the elevation thing, and when shooting at a base or minefield
or set of tank traps why the FCK not? It's not like those mines are going to scurry away.

I mean, look at KV2
4 Jul 2019, 12:04 PM

when people says sturm tiger is good
minute 6 to see
4 Jul 2019, 13:58 PM

I'm fine with the AVRE and Sturmtiger. Both offer a unique style of play. Since they differ so well I would consider a rework unnecessary.

4 Jul 2019, 15:40 PM

AVRE works reasonably well, Sturmtiger is completely useless against anyone but complete noobs.
I like the idea of the Sturmtiger being changed to a B4 type unit, make it have decent scatter, not as much damage, a minimum firing range of say 40.

B4 a cheesy unit? Yeah, but so is the Sturmtiger, both are memes, except B4 is entirely useable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★