Login

russian armor

New USF doctrine is too good

27 Jun 2019, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 15:51 PMGrumpy

USF does need a meatshield tank. The only problem with your suggestion is that there isn't a model for the Jumbo, unless Relic would be willing to use the model for the Easy 8 as the model for the Jumbo. I'd be happy with even a non-doctrinal Easy 8 (make it a side upgrade on Tier 3). If that happened, Rifle Company could replace the Easy 8 with the Pershing which would help that commander greatly.

Rifle company with a Pershing would just be a less good version of Heavy Cavalry.

Rifle Company could use a rework, but there is already a place for that. (Link below)

https://www.coh2.org/topic/92039/usf-rifle-company-rework
27 Jun 2019, 16:13 PM

Another day, another nerf USF thread. WP shot is strong I agree, but I don't think it needs a nerf. Rangers with zooks are probably the most imbalanced thing in the commander, maybe just cut it down to two zooks. RE nades are a non-issue and probably the most gimmicky thing in the commander.
27 Jun 2019, 16:13 PM

USF cant get a meatshield tank unless several of their OP units get adjusted. Jackson + heavy tank would be silly.
27 Jun 2019, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 15:51 PMGrumpy

USF does need a meatshield tank. The only problem with your suggestion is that there isn't a model for the Jumbo, unless Relic would be willing to use the model for the Easy 8 as the model for the Jumbo. I'd be happy with even a non-doctrinal Easy 8 (make it a side upgrade on Tier 3). If that happened, Rifle Company could replace the Easy 8 with the Pershing which would help that commander greatly.

There is a community one in my signature.
27 Jun 2019, 17:00 PM

Another day, another nerf USF thread. WP shot is strong I agree, but I don't think it needs a nerf. Rangers with zooks are probably the most imbalanced thing in the commander, maybe just cut it down to two zooks. RE nades are a non-issue and probably the most gimmicky thing in the commander.

White Phosphorous is a cool commander ability, but putting it on the HE Sherman and throwing in the uparmouring upgrade in the same commander is a bit much. White Phosphorous lets the Sherman counter AT guns pretty hard, and the uparmouring upgrade gives it the edge over medium tanks.

That being said, this is also a Calliope commander, so maybe the redundancy balances it out?

USF and OKW in general could really do with a reshuffle of their commander abilities. The crazy 'do everything' commanders need less stuff in them, and the trash heap commanders need some serious love.
27 Jun 2019, 17:06 PM

Yeah, I’d like to see Rangers adjusted to be different and unique from other USF infantry.

Here are two suggestions:

1: make Rangers like CoH 1 Rangers. 6 man squad that starts with two free bazookas and M1 Garands and can upgrade to have 4 Thompsons. This makes Rangers your go to bazooka squad as a call in if you don’t have the munitions to buy any or as a panic reaction to a light vehicle.

2: make Rangers a dedicated long range unit, kinda like Paratroopers, but different. Give them M1 Garands that are superior to Riflemen M1s. In effect Rangers become “Super Riflemen” that still need weapon racks to be good, but lack snares.

Either way, reducing the number of weapon slots on Rangers down to two is a good idea. Triple super bazookas is pretty ridiculous.
27 Jun 2019, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 17:00 PMLago

White Phosphorous is a cool commander ability, but putting it on the HE Sherman and throwing in the uparmouring upgrade in the same commander is a bit much. White Phosphorous lets the Sherman counter AT guns pretty hard, and the uparmouring upgrade gives it the edge over medium tanks.

That being said, this is also a Calliope commander, so maybe the redundancy balances it out?

USF and OKW in general could really do with a reshuffle of their commander abilities. The crazy 'do everything' commanders need less stuff in them, and the trash heap commanders need some serious love.

I agree with your last paragraph wholeheartedly, I've been wishing one of these patches would really shake up commanders but I bet relic doesnt want that while they still sell them. Just lock WP behind the small dozer upgrade or switch this ability with armor company for the 105.
27 Jun 2019, 17:20 PM

I feel overall this commander is somewhat balanced
balanced gamer said that so it must be true
+1
27 Jun 2019, 17:31 PM

Another day, another nerf USF thread. WP shot is strong I agree, but I don't think it needs a nerf. Rangers with zooks are probably the most imbalanced thing in the commander, maybe just cut it down to two zooks.
lol triple zook = double shrek
and remember rangers are expensive not like mighty fusiliers

So i dont get it why this problem for u guys ?

Just delete that sprint ability and thats it
27 Jun 2019, 20:09 PM

Adding an EZ-8 would've allowed the 4 v 4 crowd to be happy with this commander.
27 Jun 2019, 20:48 PM

There is a community one in my signature.

I downloaded the mod and played it but couldn't find a Jumbo in it. Is the Jumbo tied in to a specific commander or victory condition? By the way, thank you for mentioning the mod. I tried it and like it better than any other mod that I've tried. I especially like how they've done the line of sight.
27 Jun 2019, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 20:48 PMGrumpy

I downloaded the mod and played it but couldn't find a Jumbo in it. Is the Jumbo tied in to a specific commander or victory condition? By the way, thank you for mentioning the mod. I tried it and like it better than any other mod that I've tried. I especially like how they've done the line of sight.

You need the game modes as well as skin packs for the mod which are separate items on the workshop, that and the units being tied to their specific fronts and years (for example the Jumbo being in 1944: Battle of the Bulge) are the only 2 thing hampering the mod but they're sadly limits of the modding tools more than anything else.

TL;DR

Download the other parts of the mod (should have the same name if you search for them, 3 skin packs and 1 victory/game mode conditions) and select the victory condition to be 1944: Battle of the Bulge for the Jumbo.

Guy made the mod with realism in mind, with that said he's researched everything in great detail and implemented it as best he could given the limitations of the modding tools sadly, still I think he's done a fantastic job.
27 Jun 2019, 21:04 PM

- WP Sherman hard countering AT-guns. Not sure why WP Sherman + bulldozer is one slot ability. It´s silly. 110 Fuel Shermans with high HP armor and built in hard counter to AT-guns? Who thought this was a good idea?

- Rifle Grenade is a horrible design. Makes enemy micro like crazy just to still lose all the engagements because units who need to mover can´t fight properly. Unlike a flamer the RE shoots the grenade from a safe distance over shot blockers etc. It´s basically like a mortar but 10x better. I think it´s both too good and badly designed. On maps with lots of garrisons it´s even worse because you can put the RE into the house and they still shoot the damn grenades. Why is that?

- Molotovs for Riflemen are good increasing USF potency in infantry engagements even more without any drawback. It´s USF and UKF design that you need to tech grenades. Now you don't and it makes the Volks/Grens vs Riflemen dynamic even more unbalanced.

- Sprint + Rangers with elite zooks = Terrible idea. PzGrens with Shrecks are ok because of 4 men but on a durable 5 men Rangers squad this is just another silly idea. The power creep with this doctrine is once again just too much. How many more buffs does USF get???

I would say either make it so getting the bulldozer upgrade locks out the WP rounds or getting the bulldozer locks out HE shells so it doesn't have so much utility because right now the Sherman is probably the best overall medium tank in the game with the bulldozer upgrade, outside of a heavily vetted OKW P4 which is still amazing. I feel like the Rifle nades are nice but have the downside of not being able to get sweepers and delaying a weapon upgrade for the infantry since it's 60 munitions, maybe the range could be slightly reduced but otherwise I think they are ok. Molotov's just need to be tied to the Grenade package so you have access to one nade that denies cover for a period of time and one grenade that is meant to be lethal. I would say the Rangers should probably just be limited to two weapon slots or maybe even just 1 although I am not sure how many slots the Thompson upgrade takes up. They should probably only be able to carry 1-2 elite bazookas at once instead of being able to have three and nuke tanks pretty hard.
27 Jun 2019, 22:12 PM

You need the game modes as well as skin packs for the mod which are separate items on the workshop, that and the units being tied to their specific fronts and years (for example the Jumbo being in 1944: Battle of the Bulge) are the only 2 thing hampering the mod but they're sadly limits of the modding tools more than anything else.

TL;DR

Download the other parts of the mod (should have the same name if you search for them, 3 skin packs and 1 victory/game mode conditions) and select the victory condition to be 1944: Battle of the Bulge for the Jumbo.

Guy made the mod with realism in mind, with that said he's researched everything in great detail and implemented it as best he could given the limitations of the modding tools sadly, still I think he's done a fantastic job.

Thanks again! The tank combat reminds me of Steel Division and Steel Division 2, without having to wait so long for the tanks to get into battle. It's my new favorite COH2 mod.
27 Jun 2019, 22:25 PM

The fact that the entire commander is not OP does not mean that some skills should not be balanced. WP shells are very cheap and have a 30 second cooldown. It means that with a couple of these shermans I can counter any AT gun or support weapon, too much. The rifle nades are definitely a bad design. Counter units in cover from safe distances without suffering damage, on many occasions you can not win any engagement. It also involves an exaggerated micro.
28 Jun 2019, 04:00 AM

Best ideas I've read on this thread:

1. Dozer upgrade locks out WP shells

2. RE Rifle Grenades should be like Grenadier Rifle Grenades (no auto fire/can't be used when garrisoned)

These changes would bring the upgrades into line with the rest of the game.
28 Jun 2019, 04:40 AM

And so many people said this Commander was going to be garbage.

Gotta toast in UA's name with this mug of salty tears, he might be an ugly mofo, but his Company gets the job done.

That said, I'm not sure how could it be nerfed, USF no longer feels gimped in 2s thanks to this Commander, you can punish most cheese that people often employ vs USF... From MG spam to Pak Walls and all those shitty things you can do in the campy 2vs2 maps.
29 Jun 2019, 02:54 AM

Permanently Banned
The USF doctrine is great, but so are the other new doctrines.
1 Jul 2019, 03:36 AM

I think this Urban Assault commander is pretty stupid personally and makes no sense. As to the WP shells for Shermans those should have been given to the Easy 8 with Rifle Company. The E8 is the only Sherman variant without an alternate ammunition type and it would fit in with the WP theme of Rifle Company. As it is the E8 is only available in one lackluster commander and frankly its not that great of a deal cost wise compared to the 76mm Sherman and dozer blade equipped 75mm M4A3s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment