Login

russian armor

Timing of heavy and super heavy tanks across all game modes

What would be the best way for timing of heavy and super heavy tanks across all game modes?
Option Distribution Votes
23%
3%
67%
5%
3%
Total votes: 39
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Jun 2019, 12:44 PM

At the moment we still have the problem of ressource inflation in the big game modes and I don't think it will be changed ever. The consequence is that early and mid game phases are drastically shortened and late game phase is the major phase you will play in 3vs3 and 4vs4. While ressources are inflated CPs are not. This leads to Tiger, Pershing, IS-2, Churchill Crocodile etc. still coming pretty late up to now. If you ask me this is a good thing, more time for other tank options to roam and rule the battlefield. A close 4vs4 easily can take a hour, still there is plenty of time for CP dependent heavies/super heavies.

On the other hand there seems to be a problem with some commanders to skip part of their tech and stall for a CP dependent heavy call-in in 1vs1/2vs2.

Why not bind heavies/super heavies to tech and CPs? If you ask me this should include the King tiger too. Seems for me this would be the best compromise across all game modes.

Just want to see your opinion about this. Especially if you play different game modes.
16 Jun 2019, 12:51 PM

I think all heavies should be bound to tech and reduced cp requirements.

Iv been waiting for a thread like this because the resource inflation in 3v3 and 4v4 is very very bad and I keep finding myself up against tigers way too soon, its irritating and the only thing I see at the moment.

Currently, tigers are just everywhere way before any other heavy hits the field in the larger team games. Weirdly its thrown 3v3 and 4v4 even more out of wack.

16 Jun 2019, 12:51 PM

I'm quite positive it wasn't done ever, because its not possible to do so.
You'll always have units arriving too early or too late.
16 Jun 2019, 12:53 PM

i don't understand what's the problem now, super heavy are limited to 1 and worked fine from v coh, only the tiger ace was a problem and it was addressed this patch with it being tied to the last tech, all other super heavy comes very late cp wise
16 Jun 2019, 12:53 PM

i don't understand what's the problem now, super heavy are limited to 1 and worked fine from v coh, only the tiger ace was a problem and it was addressed this patch with it being tied to the last tech, all other super heavy comes very late cp wise

Play a few team games and you will quickly find out.
16 Jun 2019, 12:55 PM

Play a few team games and you will quickly find out.
i did play, same stuff other than some strange ass green+ p green only strat which was laughable in non urban maps and decent in urban maps, cons feels much better now
ddd
16 Jun 2019, 12:55 PM

Tech + CP for Heavies and SHeavies. Dont know why they removed CP requirements for OKW tiger, probably because "okw underpowered".
16 Jun 2019, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 12:51 PMKatitof

Are you sure? There seem to be ways to make multiple requirements. King tiger for example can only be build once all tech buildings were build its not enough to go straigt to T4. In addition you can only build one. So there has to be somehow a way to go for multiple requirements.
16 Jun 2019, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 12:55 PMddd
Tech + CP for Heavies and SHeavies. Dont know why they removed CP requirements for OKW tiger, probably because "okw underpowered".
but it still has cp req ?
16 Jun 2019, 13:00 PM

Its alreay a bad thing in 4vs4 that you can skip light vehicles and light tanks completely because you only have to fend them off with AT infantry and AT gun for a short time period until you get your medium to destroy them. If heavies/super heavies come too early that shortens the time phase of the domination of the mediums and premium mediums. From a perspective of game diversity this is a bad thing.
16 Jun 2019, 13:02 PM

Its alreay a bad thing in 4vs4 that you can skip light vehicles and light tanks completely because you only have to fend them off with AT infantry and AT gun for a short time period until you get your medium to destroy them. If heavies/super heavies come too early that shortens the time phase of the domination of the mediums and premium mediums. From a point of game diversity this is a bad thing.
yes but u will dominate early game if he skips techs and super heavy are still countered by TD and swarm of medium tanks
16 Jun 2019, 13:03 PM

There cp requirement should go down to their original values.

IS2, Tiger to 11
Isu, elefant and kv2 to 12

Mayby drop them by another cp or 2.

16 Jun 2019, 13:05 PM

I think after teching, there cp requirement should go down to their original values.

IS2, Tiger to 11
Isu, elefant and kv2 to 12

Mayby drop them by another cp or 2.
an idea could be to make the CPS higher for super heavy (no heavy TD like isu and elefant)by like 2-3 points but have the ability to build them too at the last tech
16 Jun 2019, 13:05 PM

but it still has cp req ?

OKW Tiger currently is a Callin that only requires the Flak HQ to be build, no CP requirement.
16 Jun 2019, 13:06 PM

OKW Tiger currently is a Callin that only requires the Flak HQ to be build, no CP requirement.
strange must have missed it while playing, cause at the start it shoes the 13 cp req, maybe they coded it wrong and instead of being tied to tech AND cp it got tied to tech OR cp
16 Jun 2019, 13:07 PM

yes but u will dominate early game if he skips techs and super heavy are still countered by TD and swarm of medium tanks

This is different in 4vs4. You won't dominate the early game if he can halfway decent use AT-grenades, mines and some AT-infanry or AT-Gun. I'm skipping light vehicles/tanks in 4vs4 quite often and still can hang into the game.

Swarming/flanking a heavy tank in 4vs4 is a lot harder, because the maps are more crowded than in 1vs1. The relation of player to map space and flanking routes is clearly lower. There will be support that easily can lead to getting a bloody nose without destroying the heavy one.
16 Jun 2019, 13:09 PM

strange must have missed it while playing, cause at the start it shoes the 13 cp req, maybe they coded it wrong and instead of being tied to tech AND cp it got tied to tech OR cp

They tried binding it to cp then tied it to tech only to avoid mechanized spam into tiger similar to current mechanized into Command Panther callin. In the english version of the game it shows 0 CP in the Loadout but is on the last place of the commander.
16 Jun 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 12:51 PMKatitof

I recall someone confirming it's possible to put both a CP requirement and a tech requirement on a call-in.

They've all been made CP0 because that's the done thing.
16 Jun 2019, 13:16 PM

His point is:
Heavies tied to tech arrive much faster in team games then if just bound to CP.
And its not like stall for heavy was ever a viable tactic in team games anyway.
16 Jun 2019, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 13:16 PMKatitof

His point is:
Heavies tied to tech arrive much faster in team games then if just bound to CP.
And its not like stall for heavy was ever a viable tactic in team games anyway.

Stalling for heavies is rare but it is viable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Russian Federation 58
unknown 48
United States 22
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L