Login

russian armor

Requesting that the Ost 251 Forward Retreat Point stay.

17 Jun 2019, 08:32 AM

I support all that - it would give so much more diversity. Healing could be applied in some 'cool' way. How about some button on the retreat point halftack to drop some medical supplies like okw pios next to it to be picked up with a healig aura? It could be for free after purchasing the upgrade on the halftrack or come without extra upgrade cost but you should pay every time you drop such crates.

Wehrmacht has medic bunker and field medikits on pioneers and grenadiers (I miss the PG medikits...), I don't think they need yet an another healer.
17 Jun 2019, 09:43 AM

Wehrmacht has medic bunker and field medikits on pioneers and grenadiers (I miss the PG medikits...), I don't think they need yet an another healer.

I'd say U right. It could stay like it is.
I would prefer sort of UK aura of healing rather than this a bit overcomplicated way of clicking units to heal. It would mean that after you retreat you just click one unit with heal and its done. Now it is overly micro intensive.
17 Jun 2019, 13:00 PM

1000% agree - very amazing suggestion! I think Wher deserves FRP even if its in a doctrine and it fits SO well with this new commander.
17 Jun 2019, 13:13 PM

Actually FRP are a useful way to stop retreat hunting and adds new strategic options. Being the fact that OST is a defensive faction it was always denied a FRP and because bunkers could fortify any part of the map. But now allied factions do that every single game and it even affects balance. There is no reason OST shouldn't have an FRP now.

As game changes go, buffing and adding features instead of cutting and nerfing. I say it's ok to leave the feature. Its doctrinal at least.

Blobbing is caused by unit durability paired with cost efficiency (namely riflemen, IS and volks) not because of FRP.

To loose camouflage sounds cool if the 251 acts as frp

Well said! :thumbsup:
19 Jun 2019, 16:44 PM

So yeah, 251 FRP in it's current form is no doubt OP, but in late game, especially on larger maps it's almost a requirement for infantry play.
The lack of FRP really just forces wehrmacht and soviet players to shift towards vehicle play, making infantry play mostly obsolete (as in being less strategic and mostly just about grabbing points before having to retreat), unlike on WFA armies.
19 Jun 2019, 17:02 PM

It will never be added I fear. For some reason, everything else that is very good and Other factions get, would just be too op on ostheer lol. DERP>
19 Jun 2019, 17:05 PM

They just removed it. Good night sweet prince, never forgetti.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p6
19 Jun 2019, 17:20 PM

Halt track retreating point was cool!

I do not like the fact that it has been suddenly removed this "retreat point" feature for Wehr considering every other faction has it (SU requires Doctrine but still is a possibility). Why not for them too?

Maybe they could put it pack or make some other kind of possibility would be greatly appreciated!
19 Jun 2019, 17:24 PM

They just removed it. Good night sweet prince, never forgetti.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p6

Rightfully so. A mobile FRP would've been too cheesy:

1. Drive into enemy base with 251
2. Set up
3. Retreat whole army
4. Commence base rape

Hardcounter to Sim City if you'd do it with shrecked pgrens and mg's.

19 Jun 2019, 17:37 PM

Well, hopefully it'll be re-added at some point in an 'as intended' implementation.

1. Drive into enemy base with 251
2. Set up
3. Retreat whole army

I hope someone has a replay.

19 Jun 2019, 17:41 PM

I bet ostheer would only get an frp from the community modders if it's included in a doctrine that actively makes standard units worse...

Just imagine, panzergrenaiders spawn with mp40s and panzerbuchse, panzer 4 and stug 3 are changed to short barrel variant and battle phase 3 is not available... just like in Theater of War Barbarossa missions. :)
Then, maybe, but just maybe you can get an FRP. :P
19 Jun 2019, 18:33 PM

Imagine looking at this recent patch as an OST player with all the buffs and still saying theyre UP because of a hotfix to a unit that should have never had that ability to begin with.
19 Jun 2019, 18:51 PM

Imagine looking at this recent patch as an OST player with all the buffs and still saying theyre UP because of a hotfix to a unit that should have never had that ability to begin with.

Because it was actually fresh and unexpected change? No videos from Hans/tightrope/greyshot's brothers, no discusions on forums, no battles in balance section about upcoming changes?

Yes, this patch was good for all nations, stirring up that old and stale meta with some spices and major overhaul of OST is feeling really good, more shrek blobs and 10min tiger rushes, but that FRP was something we all were waiting form.

However, FRP trows assimetrical balance straight outta window. . On one hand we have really good buff to OST, on other - their identity as army, those Doom'sday PaKs, panzer blitzes and grenadiers sitting in trenches and waiting for enemy to walk strait into those defences.

You need to break tru it, and then it will crumble. With FRP, however, german infantry can come back much, much faster, pushing you back. I have mixed feelings now, as i think about it. It does not really suit well for my usual Ostheer gameplay.
19 Jun 2019, 19:03 PM

It absolutely needed to be removed in it's current form. Was not balanced at all. If they want to add it with some proper limitations that could be fine. But the current version had to go, that was not good for the game
19 Jun 2019, 19:07 PM

It absolutely needed to be removed in it's current form. Was not balanced at all. If they want to add it with some proper limitations that could be fine. But the current version had to go, that was not good for the game

Balancing it was completely possible, they just decided to go the lazy route with it, that's all.
19 Jun 2019, 19:12 PM

Balancing it was completely possible, they just decided to go the lazy route with it, that's all.

It was a bug that never appeared in the preview. Removing a feature from the patch that nobody got to test is not lazy, it should be added in a preview where it can be tested.

All the other changes had to go through testing. Just saying screw that, let's balance it live makes zero sense in the new framework they've set up for patches. Especially for something as strong as an FRP
19 Jun 2019, 19:28 PM

It was a bug that never appeared in the preview. Removing a feature from the patch that nobody got to test is not lazy, it should be added in a preview where it can be tested.

All the other changes had to go through testing. Just saying screw that, let's balance it live makes zero sense in the new framework they've set up for patches. Especially for something as strong as an FRP

There are a hell of a lot other bugs and balance issues that the community just found out after the patch went live, there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't even try to balance it slightly as a stop gap until the big balance patch comes afterwards.
19 Jun 2019, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I like the idea of a FRP for OST.
What about an option to permanently turn the 251 into a stationary building that acts as a FRP for medium cost?

That way it can't be cheesed, OST has a doctrinal FRP and it can be countered by artillery.
19 Jun 2019, 22:48 PM

There are a hell of a lot other bugs and balance issues that the community just found out after the patch went live

Yes and 8 of those bugs were fixed in the hotfix, including this one.

there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't even try to balance it slightly as a stop gap until the big balance patch comes afterwards.

It was a gamebreaking bug. The much better option is remove it, and actually TEST something in the next preview. Also makes the Commander way better than all other Ost options. Ass grens, better p4, new tiger Ace, and forward retreat?

Shouldn't be on a Commander with a late-game heavy call-in. Honestly it should be stock for everyone or not at all but that probably requires even more changes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★