Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson

PAGES (18)down
21 Jun 2019, 08:06 AM

I like the idea of:

Jackson movement acc. to 0,5 (0,55)

Beside, also british PaK needs some small nerf. It is a PaK40 clone with faster rotation. While it has same model as US gun. Maybe 10% less damage, to compensate the FF and the large emplacement. That would also fit the high pen, because britd used high pen shells without explosive mass in late war to increase the pen of the 6 pounder.
21 Jun 2019, 16:00 PM

If Jackson is difficult to balance than leave it alone for now. Jackson's balance needs to be considered for more than just 1 v 1 games.
21 Jun 2019, 18:25 PM

I should leave this thread off with a reminder that the M36 is also the only reliable AT weapon someone going LT->LV->Major will get without backteching. Not a tremendous concern if M36 stays accessible, but something to consider. Captain is already very much the meta choice unless someone is trying to play hard in the midgame with a stuart (in which case Major gets considerably delayed anyway)
21 Jun 2019, 20:59 PM

I should leave this thread off with a reminder that the M36 is also the only reliable AT weapon someone going LT->LV->Major will get without backteching. Not a tremendous concern if M36 stays accessible, but something to consider. Captain is already very much the meta choice unless someone is trying to play hard in the midgame with a stuart (in which case Major gets considerably delayed anyway)

Doesn't it make more sense then to buff the under performing AT options than to have an omnipotent low effort unit take up the mantle?
21 Jun 2019, 21:19 PM

God the amount of people clamining the USF ATG is bad is really funny. If you feed it some muni it becomes the best AT-gun in COH2. It´s very effective against anything other than KT/Ele/JT.
21 Jun 2019, 21:32 PM

God the amount of people clamining the USF ATG is bad is really funny. If you feed it some muni it becomes the best AT-gun in COH2. It´s very effective against anything other than KT/Ele/JT.

Yea but every munition I spend slows down my BAR blob and I need my BAR blob so I can obliterate infantry with that and only need a Jackson for AT. Seems pretty straightforward to me...
22 Jun 2019, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 07:43 AMEsxile

snip

wow, seriously.
I Dont know what gamne have you been playing but since you say that flanking is a "dead mechanic" i think you woulnt worry about:"

-raising all axis tank rear armor to offset their frontal by 10% or less
-Remove moving acc of all the USF tanks
-Remove USF ATG muni feed ability, since you claim "jacksons have to dominate because reasons" then lets give axis the chance to destroy USF opening before the "i win" TD comes out.
-Give stock self spotting TD options for axis to balance, since STUGS and JP4 dont have to flank, but they also suck at frontal combat vs other TD and heavies. Also increase their pen.
-Remove half of the smoke options for USF only. Since they dont need that much support. Maybe add those smoke canister to sherman to please some other fanboy.
-Force all tanks of all factions to have repair crews or faster repair speeds. since USF exploits his natural ability to repair because they should overextend to get some juicy flanks. Or remove USF repair crews is another option
-Give casemates TD more range and more rotations speed. Since its absurd that current ingame those tanks need to perform 30+ degrees of rotation because their max range (hence their firin cone) is just a few meters wide in their most effective range.
-Force snares to completely stop the tank, Its already dead when it got snared in the first place. Some churchills would hate that, but its your claim not mine.
-Lastly remove all sort of LV frontal/rear armor. Since its no longer a mechanic for them to care, they should run back and forth as they will, not even caring if a stuart or a 222 is hitting point plank in their backs

It also made a lot of sense that:
-A side armor flip coin was implemented not because coding side armor would f*ck up any functioning PC 6 years ago and possibly delay the development of the game itself, since side armor is a real thing but ingame is more like a left over of a dead mechanic.
-Axis have to loose snares (the only reliable way to stop higly mobile tanks *cough cough all usf tanks) because some dead mechanic.
-USF units lacks of features in every department that axis is original about. (MGs, tanks, elite soldiers) but its not unfair if USF overperforms at such roles. (Curiously trending discussions, isnt it?) all because a dead mechanic.

Wait theres more:
I still wait the only reason jacksOPns have to have high moving acc if they are not ment to flank, because its a dead mechanic.

Sincerely we could agree to disagree.

Edit/Added:

Modifying target sizes impact all factions, that's not a great option since it can invalidate those tanks vs UKF or Soviet.
Giving Jackson different type of amo neither, it just a tax micro to switch target between a Pz4 and Tiger.

jackson itslef is a braindead tank, giving it micro tax is the least it could hurt. Target size will impact all the tank in all factions, but towards some even balance between all factions, not for the cool dudes in USF only.
If tiger get ammo switch, it would be good. Or will it?
I cant get what you mean by invalidate but ill try to take it as to make imposible to counter. If that were the case, some mayor stats could be tweaked to make it worth the while.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS