Login

russian armor

Update Still not out? When?

31 May 2019, 23:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

He's arguing the silent majority is relatively satisfied with the game, and you're arguing the silent majority is not. I mean, I also know a lot of people that enjoy the game, and instead of being vocal and/or expressing their satisfaction, will just quietly continue playing. These things are completely anecdotal. The only actual measure we have is player numbers which, without any other context, indicate a constant playerbase. As you recognized, it could be artifical inflation from chinese players, but that supposition is also based on anecdotal evidence. Based on anyone's best guess, the player base seems relatively stable (and not just constant in number).

This. The staying quiet/fading away goes for both sides of the coin. For the population stats, nobody really knows for sure, we'd need to get the raw data/stats to see whats going on.

One last thing, can we all agree that mods being limited is generally bad and hurts the community?
31 May 2019, 23:34 PM

Blink once for one-digit June date. Blink twice for two-digit June date cc: Mod Team.

Also, to actually make a serious point, I would argue the balance is far better than what it was, say 1 or 2 years ago. There's issues, but they're minor. I'm hopeful this next patch is going to make things even better.
1 Jun 2019, 00:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2019, 23:34 PMFarlion
Blink once for one-digit June date. Blink twice for two-digit June date cc: Mod Team.

Early June 2020, just as promised :)
1 Jun 2019, 00:52 AM

I'd have to say that yes, balance is better than ever. Thanks for all the hard work. This game will forever be an endless tweaking of knobs and dials but I for one am totally grateful for the work. I wish I could donate.
1 Jun 2019, 06:02 AM

What do you mean when you say they're not "working?" If the goal is to be heard, then the discussions are absolutely working. You were very clearly heard on your conscript and airborne feedback too. So if that (being heard) isn't the goal, what actually is it?

I do not think so. people asked for an alternative test option for conscripts - silence.
I said that paratroopers without explosives are a useless appearance. They can only capture an empty point. A cache resource is built on the point - useless drop, you know that the winning point is covered by just one bunker and you need to capture it immediately - you will not do anything. It also remained unchanged. The paratroopers can not in a sudden strike - they come 15 seconds with a huge smoke screen, which even the blind will see, so what's the point of the appearance of the Airborne Forces in the rear?
1 Jun 2019, 13:17 PM

I am waiting… where is the update?
1 Jun 2019, 14:38 PM

I am waiting… where is the update?

Being tested.
1 Jun 2019, 15:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2019, 23:08 PMLugie

This. The staying quiet/fading away goes for both sides of the coin. For the population stats, nobody really knows for sure, we'd need to get the raw data/stats to see whats going on.

One last thing, can we all agree that mods being limited is generally bad and hurts the community?

https://steamcharts.com/app/231430

I don't remember signing anything and I'm not ranting, I'm stating facts. People have been sued over this and it takes somebody to get pissed off enough to make all of this blow up in people's faces.

Also most triple A games nowdays have been a sore disappointment and more and more people, including myself, have been looking forward to Indie devs and their games which I don't agree that lack in the multiplayer department, on the contrary due to their freedom and not having a publisher such as SEGA dictate cow milking and breathing down their necks they don't have as scummy business practices and are on the market to actually make quality games instead of basically undercover money laundering operations.

You probably don't remember signing anything because it's either on the first login, when you buy it on steam or when you install the game.

I don't expect any company around the world to be sued over not providing the means for people to keep playing online.

The problem with multiplayer indies is infra-estructure and population.
1 Jun 2019, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2019, 14:38 PMLago

Being tested.

I hope most bugs were fixed, last official version is very old.

Don't want to play current version, after playing the beta the normal version is simply unplayable.
1 Jun 2019, 18:15 PM

Just wanted to chip in and agree that the balance is in a very good spot in team games too. OKW is still slightly OP in my opinion in 3v3/4v4 but otherwise we are a long way off from the Tiger ace and Windustry days of yore.
1 Jun 2019, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2019, 14:38 PMLago

Being tested.

What’s being tested? Weren’t the final patch notes just that? Final?
1 Jun 2019, 19:40 PM

Good question.
1 Jun 2019, 19:58 PM

Tested for bugs.

CoH is one of those games where you change a minor detail and about six unrelated things randomly break.
1 Jun 2019, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2019, 19:58 PMLago

Tested for bugs.

CoH is one of those games where you change a minor detail and about six unrelated things randomly break.

Still so many bugs in the current version? Good or bad prognoses for the release?
1 Jun 2019, 20:53 PM

Ever encountered incorret text strings, buggy abilities, unintended stat values or magically not working abilities all of sudden?
1 Jun 2019, 20:57 PM

Still so many bugs in the current version? Good or bad prognoses for the release?

Creating a patch for the live game isn't as simple as copy-pasting the preview mod files into the game files and overwriting them. They are not compatible.

Everything that was done in the mod has to be manually changed in the game files line by line, number by number, file by file.

That's a lot of work. And naturally in this process (hundreds of changes) there are going to be a lot of typos and bugs that have to be tested, discovered, fixed and double checked before the patch can be released. Changing things in the live game files also has a weird tendency to create new bugs that weren't there in the preview mod, like the CRP's LMG 34 SWS trucks bug, so testing has to be extra thorough to make sure the patch doesn't cause any ripple effects.

This all takes time. Especially because everyone involved is doing this voluntarily in their own time (except Relic), without face to face communication and across different time zones.
2 Jun 2019, 06:22 AM

Sure, the CoH2 patching is catastrophic, but still, I hope you guys were able to fix most bugs. Also I hope it will be released under the week, not at the weekend. I am at a Rammstein-Concert next weekend. xD
5 Jun 2019, 20:39 PM

New infos... next week, maybe 10.06.2019 (german time system)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★