Login

russian armor

Update Still not out? When?

31 May 2019, 05:00 AM

I want to try the ostheer rework maybe they will no longer have horrible infantry. Mabe ostheer will see the light of day again.
31 May 2019, 06:05 AM
Donator 22

Andy said: End of May or beginning of June.
let us hope for that.
31 May 2019, 06:53 AM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2018/07/03/commander-updates
July 3, 2018, for the year Relic gave all the work to modders, they themselves could create new commanders with new models, if this work was done by several employees for an hour or two hours a day. Just ridiculous.
31 May 2019, 10:41 AM

Maybe they secretly delay update by week every time someone asks about it.
31 May 2019, 10:45 AM
Donator 22

Maybe they secretly delay update by week every time someone asks about it.

I would love that.
And make it visible.
Imagine that rage,
this is a perfect troll magnet
31 May 2019, 10:56 AM

Because of how the test mod was implemented, the full patch needs to be recoded from scratch and then throughly tested.

CoH patches tend to make weird bugs.
31 May 2019, 11:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2019, 10:56 AMLago
Because of how the test mod was implemented, the full patch needs to be recoded from scratch and then throughly tested.

This is the answer. It has to be fully recoded and tested, and that's what is happening right now (and has been going on for the past few weeks).
31 May 2019, 11:50 AM

And we will perhaps see hullmounted mg bug on ambulances this time.
31 May 2019, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2019, 10:56 AMLago

Correct, but this is also true for the regular balance mods. Can't simply copy the mod files into the game files. Everything in the game files has to be adjusted manually.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2018/07/03/commander-updates
July 3, 2018, for the year Relic gave all the work to modders, they themselves could create new commanders with new models, if this work was done by several employees for an hour or two hours a day. Just ridiculous.

Yeah we should've just asked Relic to donate 1/4th of their employee budget to work on a game that's barely making them any money anymore. How stupid of us :loco:
31 May 2019, 12:13 PM

Correct, but this is also true for the regular balance mods. Can't simply copy the mod files into the game files. Everything in the game files has to be adjusted manually.

Yeah we should've just asked Relic to donate 1/4th of their employee budget to work on a game that's barely making them any money anymore. How stupid of us :loco:

I said about giving 1/4 of the studio staff? Not. This Relic thanks for the fact that the players support the game for 5 years. But this thanks is made by modders and not by Reliс, it was enough for a small group of people who worked on this thanks on it 1 hour a day, and in a year they would do more than modders (the British faction was done in one year, and this that Relik still created the Dawn of War 3). If what to do - do it qualitatively, or do not do at all. If the relic did not announce this thanks, we just continued to play in what we have and there would be no disappointment, I cannot say anything to the modders, they are doing everything they could but their strength and capabilities are not enough.
31 May 2019, 12:22 PM

Relic isn't going to devote paid staff to this.

We can have some competent modders do the work, or we can have nothing.
31 May 2019, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2019, 12:22 PMLago
Relic isn't going to devote paid staff to this.

We can have some competent modders do the work, or we can have nothing.

Then simply did not need to declare Relic thanks if Relic doesn't care about this gratitude.
31 May 2019, 13:50 PM

if Relic doesn't care about this gratitude.

They care enough to keep the servers running and to let the community continue to work on and improve their game. I'd say that's pretty damn great and more than I'd ever expect from a 5 (almost 6) year old game.
31 May 2019, 14:01 PM

Permanently Banned

They care enough to keep the servers running and to let the community continue to work on and improve their game. I'd say that's pretty damn great and more than I'd ever expect from a 5 (almost 6) year old game.

improve would be very subjective here...
31 May 2019, 14:09 PM

Well at least they try.

The work alone in fixing bug made by they MOD team is admirable.
31 May 2019, 14:32 PM

Feel free to elaborate if you disagree, but I believe the general sentiment within the wider community is that the current game balance is the best it's ever been.
31 May 2019, 14:43 PM

I mean the fact that Relic still pays to keep the servers live AND offer patches to a 5 year old game earns my respect and thanks. I think Relic sometimes gets allot of crap (some they deserves) but you have to admit they love this game and players.
31 May 2019, 14:44 PM

Feel free to elaborate if you disagree, but I believe the general sentiment within the wider community is that the current game balance is the best it's ever been.

Are you sure there is a point in discussing? Many people wanted an alternative for 7 people, but this was taken silently and without appeal. I said that the appearance of the Soviet Airborne Forces in the rear is meaningless, they have nothing to do in the rear: you cannot even capture the point which is covered only by one bunker, because they don't even have explosives. But they have a ridiculous IL-2 strafe.
31 May 2019, 15:00 PM

Sorry what? I should be thanking somebody who I have paid to keep the servers running?

I paid 100 bucks for the Collector's Edition, then another 100 for the WFA and Brits and a few premium commanders because the game was basically unplayable without them due to broken balance which was like that for months on end, and I would dare say it was done deliberately by them to further milk it. The game should be fully playable even without their servers through methods of peer-to-peer like GameRanger and hamachi as well as LAN play like for the old games. For the amount of money I paid I'd expect what I paid for to last as long as me and I think it's only fair as it was like that before as well. Also this:

Case in point is when you buy a car, you paid the dealership or whatever so you take it and drive it, you don't have to thank them so the damn thing keeps running, get the hell out with that logic.

On top of this they STILL haven't re-enabled model editing and importing which would have made these community made patches a hell of a lot better as well, again, for a game that as you said, makes them barely anymore money out of the normal.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS