Login

russian armor

What if OKW had standard starting resources?

15 May 2019, 07:18 AM

AND get a free Riflemen (Officer) squad, am I right? Yeah I'd only ever play USF too.

I agree with USF AT nade actually, it's crippling that it gets locked behind vet 1 - I think having it unlocked with Officer arrival is a good idea actually.

Weapon racks as usual are just your USF-only bias. STGs are definitely excellent but you keep forgetting that weapon racks are more flexible (all squads can use it), have a MUCH higher power ceiling, and contain both AI and AT upgrades. If Volks had weapon racks for BARs and Zooks you would cry even more than you do now.

Dunno why you're making those comparisons, I was just saying that for 15 fuel less and grenade/rack/atnade automatically unlocked I can accommodate myself with a one minute delay for my first officer.
15 May 2019, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 07:18 AMEsxile
Dunno why you're making those comparisons, I was just saying that for 15 fuel less and grenade/rack/atnade automatically unlocked I can accommodate myself with a one minute delay for my first officer.

And you'd be right back at the stupid 'spam Riflemen or float manpower' design USF had before the revamp.

You know, when USF was trash?

And good luck getting light vehicles out against Ost when they can deploy 444 at the speed you get a single AAHT.

Do you seriously hate rack sidetech so much you'd throw the whole faction down the toilet to get rid of it?
15 May 2019, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 10:10 AMLago

And you'd be right back at the stupid 'spam Riflemen or float manpower' design USF had before the revamp.

You know, when USF was trash?

And good luck getting light vehicles out against Ost when they can deploy 444 at the speed you get a single AAHT.

Do you seriously hate rack sidetech so much you'd throw the whole faction down the toilet to get rid of it?

You're just deviating the conversation on your own thread on something trivial.
The point I made was -15 fuel at start for grenade/STG/pfaut is a cheap price to pay associated to the fact that different starting fuel for factions is a matter of early game balance and timing for first tech.
15 May 2019, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 10:56 AMEsxile
You're just deviating the conversation on your own thread on something trivial.
The point I made was -15 fuel at start for grenade/STG/pfaut is a cheap price to pay associated to the fact that different starting fuel for factions is a matter of early game balance and timing for first tech.

'Cheap price to pay'? USF would be crippled if you shoved all their tech back 15 FU just to avoid sideteching for racks.

As for OKW, their teching is balanced around their incredibly strong early game. But as every one-faction-wonder who swings by this thread conveniently ignores, the first half of this proposal is removing that early game strength.

If OKW has a weaker early game, it has less map control. That means less fuel. That means slower vehicles. You can't change one without the other.

This way, OKW's early game won't roflstomp any non-infantry spam/ultralight vehicle build, but in turn it can reliably get a fast shock vehicle out on even map control to punish enemy infantry spam strategies. And by being able to get out of T0 faster, OKW isn't forced to spam Volks. That alone is huge for build diversity.

Then again, I probably shouldn't expect someone who'd like USF to go back to forced Rifleman spam to agree with that.
15 May 2019, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 11:13 AMLago

If OKW has a weaker early game, it has less map control. That means less fuel. That means slower vehicles. You can't change one without the other.

If OKW had a weaker early game, they just going to be roflstomped by UKF and Soviet using the same strat. I'm maybe the one playing mostly one faction between us but I'm the one seeing the big picture here.

Or your idea is to make their early game weaker but only to a non-relevant point, something that wouldn't change anything in fact.
15 May 2019, 12:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 11:46 AMEsxile
If OKW had a weaker early game, they just going to be roflstomped by UKF and Soviet using the same strat. I'm maybe the one playing mostly one faction between us but I'm the one seeing the big picture here.

Or your idea is to make their early game weaker but only to a non-relevant point, something that wouldn't change anything in fact.

If OKW can tech faster, it can deal with those infantry spam strategies. It gets the MG34 faster. It doesn't have to take over half of the map to keep up in light vehicle teching. It's got so many more options.
15 May 2019, 12:26 PM

I go non-Penal builds against Ost, but I simply can't vs OKW. Without M3 cheese you simply can't punch hard enough.

It'd be interesting to see how the SOV-OKW matchup plays out if OKW early-game is weakened.

If they are teching 15 fuel faster they wouldn't be weakened much. You would have less time to prepare for the luchs and volks are still cheaper than any figthinh unit you can field. What's more Soviet have 160mp to dump into getting a fighting unit. Getting your first maxim on the field in only 100mp less than 2 volks and your opening units (CE and cons?) will still be getting fisted by sturms unless RNG wills CE to be more than manpower bleed.

The only way to meaningfully reduce okws starting impact would be to swap the starting unit with volks. Then okw can still field a strong shock unit (could even be buffed), quick territory or pad their masses.
Their start would be second only to the brits as now, but their flexibility would remain unmatched. Powerful start would still be available, but not handed out.
15 May 2019, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 11:46 AMEsxile

ho sure just make it locked to 1 bar x rifleman and 1 zook for RE and u can have the - 15 fuel and free upgrade after fist officer (btw no smoke nade)
15 May 2019, 12:31 PM

If they are teching 15 fuel faster they wouldn't be weakened much. You would have less time to prepare for the luchs and volks are still cheaper than any figthinh unit you can field. What's more Soviet have 160mp to dump into getting a fighting unit. Getting your first maxim on the field in only 100mp less than 2 volks and your opening units (CE and cons?) will still be getting fisted by sturms unless RNG wills CE to be more than manpower bleed.

The only way to meaningfully reduce okws starting impact would be to swap the starting unit with volks. Then okw can still field a strong shock unit (could even be buffed), quick territory or pad their masses.
Their start would be second only to the brits as now, but their flexibility would remain unmatched. Powerful start would still be available, but not handed out.

There are a lot of ways you could do it. A flat -100 starting manpower is one way. A 20 MP reduction and raising Volks to 270 MP is another way: that'd be the same thing for quad Volks, but the fewer Volks you build the smaller the manpower reduction. That might also help for build diversity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★