Login

russian armor

USF & OKW AA vehicle

Buff Health for these vehicles
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Buff these vehicles performance with USF having smoke and OKW having damage buff
Option Distribution Votes
26%
74%
Total votes: 68
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 May 2019, 16:40 PM

I think USF and OKW AA need a health buff. According to its timing, they are rather vulnerable and exposed. Maybe 160hp increase would do for them both.

I feel the FHT needs a "damage buff" since it has been nerfed already both in damage and suppression. I suggest damage buff from 16 to "20" to the way it was would do great. Since USF does already reasonably a lot more damage currently in comparison to FHT due how it has been nerfed. Make it more viable.

USF AA vehicle could do with a buff having "smoke" but I think it might be fair to remove the crew for this vehicle or maybe keep them. If crew were removed, it would therefore require Rear Echelons to repair them. Make it more viable.

Usually they get easily countered with AT and AT vehicles during their timing. I believe adjusting and giving them a better chance of surviving against them would be a good decision. Also to put them to more use.

Summarize of the following buffs I believe it needs.

USF AA Halftrack::: 1./ Change Total of Health from 320 to 480. 2./ Has "Smoke" ability costing the same as FHT 3./ Keeping the crew could be fine

OKW Flak Halftrack::: 1./ Change Total of Health from 320 to 480 2./ Damage buff from 16 to 20

These vehicles cost around 60 fuel, so they deserve a extra 120hp or around a total of 160*3 = 480 health. Not 320 hp which is lackluster for something that costs around 60 fuel.

10 May 2019, 16:45 PM

The USF HT is one of the few vehicles that can suppress on the move. The last hing it need is more HP.
10 May 2019, 17:16 PM

Neither of them is exactly off meta, (even though OKW usually goes for the luchs) and Im pretty sure these buffs, especially as significant as you suggested would mess shit up big time

Lets not forget how unbelievably broken and problematic it was pre-nerf,
And it still reliabily suppresses squads even in green cover
10 May 2019, 17:44 PM

The OKW one's a bit meh suppression-wise, but its damage is fine. It's not meant to take on other vehicles.

The USF AAHT is incredibly powerful. Thanks to its funky pathing it'd also probably have a seizure if you used a smoke pot on it.
10 May 2019, 19:35 PM

So nobody thinks they need a minor health boost, considering they both cost 60 fuel. Wehr scout car for 30 fuel has the same health. Get 2 shot by AT guns for double that price. Is that fair?
10 May 2019, 21:35 PM

So nobody thinks they need a minor health boost, considering they both cost 60 fuel. Wehr scout car for 30 fuel has the same health. Get 2 shot by AT guns for double that price. Is that fair?

It also has lower DPS and no suppression
10 May 2019, 21:51 PM

Since when OKW AAHT costs 60 fuel? You've confused it with build time.
I highly advise you go to the game and check the real price.
And while you're at it, I highly advise you to check its vet.
Vet2 to be precise.
10 May 2019, 21:54 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Keep practising with them dude. In the hands of a skilled player the USF halftrack is very good right now.
10 May 2019, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 21:51 PMKatitof
Since when OKW AAHT costs 60 fuel? You've confused it with build time.
I highly advise you go to the game and check the real price.
And while you're at it, I highly advise you to check its vet.
Vet2 to be precise.

According to this site https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

Vet 2 rate of fire (+33%) and setup (-33%) and rotation speed (+25%).

These are most certainly nice bonuses and it does make it better. Without a shadow of a doubt!

Timing you are most certainly right. Comes earlier for OKW than Luchs in comparison and for USF teching time also.

I do not know if I am the only one experiencing this. Somehow FlakHalfTrack seems to vet slower compared to USF AA halftrack when you compare in reaching Veterancy 3. Used them the past few games and I feel it is tougher for OKW flakhalftrack to acquire vet in comparison. It just felt easier using the USF AA halftrack.

Maybe I am might be wrong about the vet being harder to acquire, assuming that the vet requirements are higher for OKW FHT.
Maybe it is due to the fact that USF can engage more combat situations comfortably.

I am not sure. What do you guys think?

That is how I currently feel about it!
10 May 2019, 22:13 PM

Keep practising with them dude. In the hands of a skilled player the USF halftrack is very good right now.

You are very right indeed. It is actually a great counter against OKW Luchs. It decimates it easily. Shreds it like a piece of paper!:hansRNG: USF AA is definitely a highlight currently. Great vehicle.

Thanks for the positivity.
10 May 2019, 22:47 PM

snip

That guide is as outdated as it gets.
Go to official forums and read patch notes thread.
Search for 251 on 5th page.
10 May 2019, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 22:47 PMKatitof

That guide is as outdated as it gets.
Go to official forums and read patch notes thread.
Search for 251 on 5th page.

Oh great:banana:. 16 to 20 damage. Nice. You got pretty sharp eyes. Thanks.:thumb:
12 May 2019, 16:51 PM

To be honest. I feel that the FHT vets slower in comparison to USF Halftrack.

Does anyone know what vet requirements are between the these 2 units?

FHT has been nerfed both in damage in suppression, I feel maybe an buff/increase in AOE from 1 to 2 might compensate. Just a suggestion since this vehicle is rather inefficacious and negligent in comparison to USF Halftrack.

Kind of boring play when you know you have to pick Mechanized HQ since it is more of the only viable choice for many current situations.
12 May 2019, 20:55 PM

If memory serves, the FHT gets a veterancy accumulation malus when you upgrade it. It used to vet insanely fast.

EDIT: Oh, you mean Flak HT. Not Flamer HT.
12 May 2019, 22:21 PM

Do not ruin it by touching something that is not wrong

13 May 2019, 15:59 PM

How is it not wrong. The USF Flak Halftrack main gun does 40 damage (has 2 AOE which helps compensate with its poorer accuracy but it does hit infantry), and its MGs does 16 damage (since it has 2 dealing each 8 damage) which makes it very leathal and potent against other light vehicles especially against infantry units.

I mean just 16 damage for OKW Halftrack is like a bolt action shot, its damage being equivalent to the USF AA MGs although it has an AOE. It should be anything above that value. Maybe 18, or even 20 as it was.

Maybe damage increase is an overstatement but why not is the question according these stats?

Here is the stats: https://www.coh2db.com/stats/#141 (OKW Flak Halftrack)
https://www.coh2db.com/stats/#23 (USF Haltrack)

I am trying to keep an open on this but it seems rather flawed for 2 MGs dealing a total of 16 damage in addition to its main gun 40 damage dealing a sum of 56. While the OKW FlakHaltrack having only one gun which is the main gun dealing only 16 damage. The ratio 56:16 is quite a huge proportion.

I am not trying to give it a deserving credit to buff AA vehicle. I am open to opinions whether it may be for or against.Just a reasonable solution or rather a dispute on how to make more out of the damage it has. Maybe by instead increasing rate of fire, AOE, decreasing reload time, something!

The is fact is that it feels it has been understated. No just according to the stats but also according to what I have experienced between using these 2 vehicles! This is an opinion, not trying to assert this idea. Just want to know what you guys have to say about this!:welcome:

USF halftrack in 1v1 is much more viable and capable in many more situations in contrast. Again, that is my opinion!B-)

A vehicle (OKW halftrack) that has to setup does less efficiently overall. Even then USF has to setup but becomes exceptionally better!.

The fact is, USF AA can hold itself against infantry very well and even light vehicles. Can potentially combat Puma but its chances are like 35%-50%. It is inadvisable tough trying to use it against Puma.

OKW which is reasonably good against infantry, does not have the same or even the strength to even combat against light vehicles. I am not saying it should be able to but it feels overall undermined!

That is a fact that most players I am of certain are quite aware of if this, pros in this instance since I hardly even see them use it, particularly in 1v1 games! If you evaluate the differences and its capabilities. You can just look to the recent games and evaluate even yourself. How often does either of these vehicles are usually used and how efficiently. What certain situations is it able to adapt to. Even, how often does any player even consider building these units. Curious as to what you guys are going to say! :wave:
13 May 2019, 16:16 PM

The fact is, USF AA can hold itself against infantry very well and even light vehicles. Can potentially combat Puma but its chances are like 35%-50%. It is inadvisable tough trying to use it against Puma.

OKW which is reasonably good against infantry, does not have the same or even the strength to even combat against light vehicles. I am not saying it should be able to but it feels overall undermined!

Every faction have something that differ them from others. Why you want that OKW was like USF in possibilities, but don't want that USF have the same possibilities like OKW (KT or rocket arty as example)? USF halftruck is better than OKW, but P4 better than Sherman in tank battles. Each faction have their strong and weak sides.
WeX
13 May 2019, 16:24 PM

Small health buff would be nice so it gives a bit more time to react. Lowering Vet requirements would go along way to making it more powerful, since at Vet 2 or 3 it shreds
13 May 2019, 16:32 PM

What the US M15 really needs is performance improvement against airplanes. M15 AA is a joke against Planes.
13 May 2019, 16:39 PM

What the US M15 really needs is performance improvement against airplanes. M15 AA is a joke against Planes.

It actually depends on the positioning, since the turret has difficultly trucking planes. \

If it is the right position it is effective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★