Login

russian armor

"Lockdown" for AT units.

6 May 2019, 09:48 AM

Hello, so I played the Blitzkrieg mod for CoH yesterday and I kinda got reminded of the "lockdown" ability that CoH and it's mods had.

Basically it looks like this:

Tank is rendered immobile (can only turn) but it's fire rate is doubled (I think?) which was applied to units such as the Panzer Elite's Marder III, Panzer IV F1 "Stubby" and Hummel. In the last one's case it was to improve it's range as well, similiar to the KV2's "Siege mode".

Mods introduced this ability to the Firefly as well.

So idea is pretty straightforward, Firefly could go 2 exclusive paths, Tulip rockets or the Commander allowing it to "lock down" with the states described in the picture above.

That would allow for a more tactical decision for the Firefly and it's British user, instead of it being the useless heap that it is right now, in my opinion without directly "buffing" it. I also have no doubt that the M10 from the new commander will pretty much replace it in most games.

The same function can be applied to more AT guns, like the raketen as well for example, without again directly "buffing" said unit.

Cheers and have a nice day.
6 May 2019, 09:51 AM

Sounds like emplacements with extra steps.
6 May 2019, 11:11 AM

Sounds like emplacements with extra steps.

I prefer the term "mobile pillbox" but yeah you're technically right.

It's basically the complete opposite of hull down, the unit is stationary but gets reload buff instead of defensive buff.

And it's a hell of a lot more mobile than the 17 pounder so there's that, but also costs a lot more fuel.
6 May 2019, 11:22 AM

That's literally what hull down was before its nerfs. Not double the firing speed but 25% faster I think. Still nobody used it (hence the nerf was also not needed IMO).

I'm not sure if the mods allowed the tank to turn though.
6 May 2019, 11:40 AM

One could test moving Tulips to Hammer and a lock down mode to Anvil increasing ROF.
6 May 2019, 11:51 AM

That's literally what hull down was before its nerfs. Not double the firing speed but 25% faster I think. Still nobody used it (hence the nerf was also not needed IMO).

I'm not sure about the CoH2 Hull Down since I only rarely used it, mostly on my Panthers.

If you're talking about the CoH stationary mode yes the tank can turn, tested it out yesterday like I said.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 11:40 AMVipper

One could test moving Tulips to Hammer and a lock down mode to Anvil increasing ROF.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea.
6 May 2019, 11:52 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

I like this idea. And I think this would get used more than the hulldown :D

Yes, this idea is possible with the tools.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS